Staying at Universal hotel gets you priority seating?

marylizcat

Mouseketeer
i have seen this mentioned as a perk, but wondered whether it really works? Can we really jump the queue for a table at Universal restaurants?

i have seen this mentioned as a perk, but wondered whether it really works? Can we really jump the queue for a table at Universal restaurants?

It does work.

There are exclusions. Some restaurants like Bubba Gumps don’t use it. And some restaurants don’t offer it if it’s seriously busy like Christmas and Easter.

We had a 90 minute wait in Margaritaville down to just over 10 minutes.

Only the deluxe hotels. And Antojito’s doesn’t honor on Friday and Saturday nights, learned that the hard way last time we were there...

Is there a list of restaurants somewhere I could see?

Mythos only honors if the wait is more than an hour and then it’s half the wait time. So it seems to be a moment by moment by restaurant thing.

How do they know you're an onsite guest? I've always wondered this. We stay at RP or HRH but never really use it. Do you tell them?

How do they know you're an onsite guest? I've always wondered this. We stay at RP or HRH but never really use it. Do you tell them?
I show the host/ess my room key. I usually give them my name and they tell me the wait. If it's more time than I'd like, I'll show them the key and ask "Does this help me out?" And they will tell me yes or no. And I've never had a problem with them accepting priority seating at Toothsome, but we tend to eat at off-hours.

I show the host/ess my room key. I usually give them my name and they tell me the wait. If it's more time than I'd like, I'll show them the key and ask "Does this help me out?" And they will tell me yes or no. And I've never had a problem with them accepting priority seating at Toothsome, but we tend to eat at off-hours.
OK great thanks, I am so uncomfortable asking for stuff like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter