• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at OKW 1st time

DisneyAunt

Mouseketeer
I've been having trouble posting this thread this is my last attempt.

I am going to be using DVC for the first time on 11/16. We will be staying at OKW in a 2 bedroom. I was wondering if any of you DVC experts can tell what I should bring with me. Do I need to bring paper towels/plates, dish/dishwasher detergeant, sponges, sugar etc.....

We plan on having WEGOSHOP do our grocery shopping....for mostly breakfast items. We are all early risers (I usually get up about 5:30am and the kids 7:30am) and plan on eating breakfast in the room at our leisure.

We will also have 2 seniors with us who can climb stairs but can't walk for long distances....I'm not sure if I am going to rent an ECV from an offsite or get one at the aprks each morning. I was thinking about requesting a 1st floor or a building with an elevator just in case. Although I would also want to make sure we get a nice view. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A 2 bedroom unit will have silverware and plates in the kitchen area, as well as liquid dishwashing soap, powdered soap for the dishwasher, a scrubby sponge, paper towels and sugar packets. You can get more sugar from housekeeping or pick up some packets from the snack bar area...usually there are PLENTY already in the room. There will also be a single use box of Tide for laundry (we get two loads out of this), so you may want to bring extra laundry detergent.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but most of the time our sponge is missing, so I've taken to bringing a sponge. The one time I asked for one, they gave me a hard time. Guess they thought I'd been the "sponge stealer".

You may want to bring salt and pepper, we didn't have that in our room. Also - depending on the amount of coffee you drink - might want to bring extra coffee, filter, creamer. As far as cleaning stuff and TP - you'll be covered. I'd say definately bring the extra laundry detergent! It was wonderful being able do the extra wash - and we also brought dryer sheets. Other than food - you'll be set!

I would bring coffee filters. They're not hard to pack. You can bring coffee or buy it from wegoshop I suppose.

The coffeemaker is the standard-type "Mr. Coffee" 10-12 cup setup. It takes the flat bottomed filters, not the cone type. I bring ziplocks with sugar and powdered creamer in my bag.

You might also want a better brand of paper towels and TP. The stuff in the villas is marginal. The paper towels are the super thin kind that fall apart, and the TP can be a little rough for people with "sensitive parts", if you get my drift.

If you need more towels, just call housekeeping and ask for an extra set. It's about $6, but worth it. We never seem to have enough, even with the W/D.

You'll love OKW! We were there last year in a 2-bd with a family group of 7. The larger space and big balcony were wonderful, especially with kids.

DisFlan

I would definitely rent an ECV from one of the rental agencies around Orlando. We took our DMIL and DFIL in March, and didn't want to take the chance of ECV's being gone by the time we got to the park. There are a limited number of them at the parks. The agencies drop them off at the resort and you can charge them in the halls overnight. We were staying at BCV and they were very useful at the resort as well. We got the name of rental companies on the Disabilities board. Good Luck! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter