• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stayed in a Villa? Where is the best place for groceries?

scuba girl

Mouseketeer
We won't have a car and I have researched the locations of Wal-Mart, Super Target & Pubix. Can anyone provide advise on where and how to get to get some groceries for the week? We are just looking for breakfast foods, snack & drinks.

There is a Goodings just outside of DTD on 595 (I think that is the road) in the Crossroads to the World shopping center. It is pricey though. There is a Winn Dixie about a mile further away, but you would definately save the cab fare in grocery savings. There is also a Publix out World Drive near Celebration. The Winn Dixie is about a $18 cab fare from your resort ($36 round trip), Goodings is about $16, and I don't know abou the Publix. Factor that into your decision to take a cab to get your groceries. There are some items for sale in the resort stores, including cereal and milk. It is pricey, but ou have to eat a lot of cereal to get your value in the cab fare.

You may want to look into http://wegoshop.com/ or http://www.gardengrocer.com/ - they will do your shopping and deliver it to your villa. I plan on having wegoshop do mine and deliver it my villa at the boardwalk. There is a fee for delivery but you will pay at least the same for the taxi and this way you can schedule it it not miss any time in the resort/parks...

I started a thread when researching which service to use - do a search in this thread for "Peapod" and it should come up....

We used them last November and will use them again. We got mostly breakfast items and snack stuff.

°o°

I was planning to use a car service with a free grocery stop, but now I think I will just use Garden Grocer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter