Stay away from Camping World ?

Sorry, I had used the mic on my phone. Clearly it didn't work right. My father informed me that he and my mother were there prior to my post. The sales guy was on him like a vulture and was so incredibly pushy! My dad had to come up with an excuse to leave the because the guy litterly kept walking in front of him stopping him from going anywhere. Until my dad acted like he just received an emergency call from work! This guy was unbelievable!! My dad years ago sold cars. He himself wasn't a pressure salesman but he knew some and this guy was FAR worse!

Again I'm sorry, I hope that clears this up.

The training I was referring to, was one the previous poster said about trained in being a jerk.

Wonder05, I guess I was just lucky with my experiences with Camping World. Our first camper was a TT that we purchased at Camping World of Gulf Breeze, FL. Zero high pressure and, as a matter of fact, we had to "find" a sales person to give us some tours. Our second purchase was a FW from Camping World of Tallahassee, FL. Same experience as the first. We did go to a couple of "Independent" RV dealers and were treated like "change from a nickel".

Who knows?
Wonder05, I guess I was just lucky with my experiences with Camping World. Our first camper was a TT that we purchased at Camping World of Gulf Breeze, FL. Zero high pressure and, as a matter of fact, we had to "find" a sales person to give us some tours. Our second purchase was a FW from Camping World of Tallahassee, FL. Same experience as the first. We did go to a couple of "Independent" RV dealers and were treated like "change from a nickel".
I mean depending on how long ago this was I'd say maybe it was the time, cause I've noticed in nearly everything things have changed to the tune of don't care , how quick , how cheap? When I don't remember it being that way as a kid or really even that much as a teen. Common curtesy seems to have just gone out the window.
Or it could be you happened to actually get someone who was genuine and it's really sad to say those feel few and far between. Former Assistant sales manager and before that cleark I never understood that thinking of you really won't effect me that much so I'll treat you like a number. I always got Thank You cards on a daily basis the amount people going to my boss to tell them how impressed they were with my consideration and time. It was my job, I care about people and treat them how I'd like my family to be treated there wasn't anything more to it for me. I ultimately left when things changed to you must apply high pressure (like call then a week and see if you can get them to commit to buy more especially during Christmas!) and also lie to the customers. I was done after that. The irony is I was their top salesperson I was sought out by people for my this reason!

Sorry, just equating things to my experience trying to understand something I probably won't lol

Last edited:

Who knows?

I mean depending on how long ago this was I'd say maybe it was the time, cause I've noticed in nearly everything things have changed to the tune of don't care , how quick , how cheap?

Both of my encounters with Camping world were within the last 10 months. Yeah, I'm one of those folks that thought our first camper was just perfect ... then decided it was too small :-)

Wonder05, I think the Camping World issues are NOT at ALL Camping Worlds. Again, perhaps we were just lucky.

We drove 8 hours to purchase a camper at CW, it was a great deal, so it was worth the drive. We worked out the financing ahead of time and let them know we needed to do a quick turn on the purchase so we could get back home.

We ended up waiting almost 5 hours for the financing team to finally do a quick review of our paperwork to see that it was all in order and hand over the keys. I was so frustrated! I let the manager know, and he gave me a $100 gift card for our time.

That being said, we've had our unit serviced a few times at a local CW and we've had no issues. Everything covered under warranty and things were taken care of quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter