Start 1001

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
Ok July 9, 2012 I decided I would start to eat healthier again. I spent 7 days eating better - little or no processed sugar, white flour, protein, yogart, fresh fruit veggies. After one week I had gained 1 pound. I think my body is in starvation mode.

Then I work an overnight shift of Thursday night. Usually takes about 12 hours to recover....I'm still having problems sleeping and staying awake. I think the detox effect is really kicking my butt.

I decided to continue my better eating patterns in hopes that things get better.

I'm really not able to exercise do to a hip/ soft tissue issue. I can do arm stuff so tonight I'm starting with free weights so I'm at least doing something.

Ok had a little break last night eat not just 1 but 2 chocolate eclair ice creams. though all the times I was fine. Eating fruit, veggie and protein.

I did get on the scale again today (I'm addicted to the numbers). Down 2 pounds so technically 1 pound lost. So, feeling better. I got a decent nights sleep the first time in 4 days. Feeling a little better.

Didn't get around to doing the free weights. I'm getting it done today though.

I was reading another web forum and there is a girl doing clean eating with great success. She watched this video and is more doing this as an experiment to see if what he said was true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

I think she mentioned that fruit was ok because it's natural sugars and has fiber. I'm trying to dig up the posts so you can read them but their search engine is down. If I find them I will post them for you to read.

I would think that the 1 pound gain was you shocking your body.

Thanks I'll take a look.

Today was much better in terms of eating and craving....still need to work in free weights....I'm drinking water but definitely need to ramp that up a little.

I read her stuff....great. Thanks for the boost to my process!!!

I'm glad it was informative!

You will definitely see a difference in your sugar cravings the longer you go without.

Remember that as you age it's about 80% diet and only 20% exercise. You will see diferences even if you don't hit the weights every day.

So, I'm currently 12 days in and going strong. My big down fall has always been sugar. I've kept all proceed sugar to a absolute minimum. I'm eating fruits, veggies, proteins. I've not had any white bread; I did have a piece of whole wheat with my whole wheat spaghetti the other night.

My biggest success has been not drink a coke during my overnight shifts. I don't drink coffee but I have finally found a caffeinated tea called Morning Thunder to help me stay awake and it has worked.

I'm down 2 pounds I'd like to be further but I'll settle for that as I change my eating habits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!