Stars and Motorcars or Share a Dream?

ArRzrbk

<font color=red>The Greatest Thing You Can Learn i
Which parade is better for a three year old boy - Stars and Motorcars at MGM or Share a Dream at Magic Kingdom? Also, is the Animal Kingdom parade worth it? Thanks.

I have girls but we LOVE the Share a Dream Come True parade the absolute best! It's a great parade.

But we also enjoy the Motorcars parade as well. If you can, I'd do both but do the MK one for sure.

I finally fit in the AK parade in 2003 after missing it 3 years in a row and it was a let down. It was short and it was just ok. But other love it so it's all a matter of taste. If you can fit it in, great, but if you are pressed for time, don't sweat it.

Is the Share a Dream parade the one with the characters in the globes?

If it is, then I think I like the Stars & Motorcars parade better. I think we saw a LOT more characters in that one.

Maybe my kids were too young when we saw the Share A Dream parade, (3 and 8 months) but my 3 year old didn't react too well to it.

kimwim8 said:
Is the Share a Dream parade the one with the characters in the globes?

If it is, then I think I like the Stars & Motorcars parade better. I think we saw a LOT more characters in that one.

Maybe my kids were too young when we saw the Share A Dream parade, (3 and 8 months) but my 3 year old didn't react too well to it.

Yes, it's the snowglobes at MK and the motorcars at MGM.

They are both great for seeing characters but I think maybe MGM's parade has a few more including Bear and other playhouse Disney characters you do not see in the MK parade.

I like them both.

If your 3 year old is a big Playhouse Disney fan then go for the Cars & Stars parade for sure.

My 3 year old enjoyed both parades but to he talks about the MGM one most often.

We liked Motorcars when our DD was that age. It was easier to see the characters and not as overwhelming. The globes in Share a Dream can be a bit intimidating when you are so small. However, when she was 5 she liked Share a Dream best because it had more princesses.

I like all the parades but Motorcars is a really good one. The characters are easier to see and the seating against the gold rod in the sidewalk makes it easier to sit in the front row and not be stepped on from behind. :flower:

Out of the 3 daytime parades our favorite was the Jammin Jungle parade at the AK, it didn't seem shorter to me, and the characters interacted with the kids more, several characters came over and high fived our kids or rubbed their heads etc. They are all dancing, lots of big rolling animals, lizards, etc.....beware of the frog and the lizard they have really long tongues that the operator likes to surprise unsuspecting viewers with. We enjoyed the other two but even going back and watching them on video I still have to say it was the best.

The are SO completely different. Actually, for a boy, I would suggest Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade at the Animal Kingdom... it beats out both of the others for our family!

beattyfamily- was it windy the day you saw MJJP? They will down the giant puppets if it's too windy and that would make the parade seem much shorter.

Honestly, I think all 3 parades would be great for a 3 year old...but then again, I don't have any kids of my own. MGM's is the most intimate and least overwhelming.

I think that the Share a Dream parade is much more visually stimulating with the big colorful floats with all of the movement and characters. And characters alongside the floats performing. I think a 3 yo would enjoy it more than the Stars and Motor Cars parade.

My DS3 loves both parades- but if I had to choose I would say the stars and motorcars. It has more characters geared towards boys- Woody and Buzz, Mike and Sulley, and all the classics. It also has Playhouse Disney characters, Star Wars- which my kids don't know who they are, Kermit the Frog, Mushu and Mulan, Ariel, etc. He will love either one, but for my son I'd choose Stars and Motorcars. I was disappointed in Share a Dream this past year since they've stopped the 'stops' in the parade- seemed shorter and less magical to me- but my kids still loved it.
He'll love either one... princess:

I loved both parades!! But the Dream parade requires you to look up into the snowglobes. They are off the ground quite high and there could be a glare on the globe. There were more princess and villains in that one.
For the younger (and probably shorter) kids I would suggest the Cars parade. It is more colorful and the characters seem closer and are much easier to see.
All of the parades are beautiful and different in their own way! :flower:
Hope you get to see them all. :earsboy:

I was really trying to think. We missed the Motor Cars parade last time. I think you see more characters in that parade that you don't see in the parks, normally. I think I'd recommend that one. My daughter loved it. The Share A Dream parade seemed very overwhelming. But, they are both awesome. The parade at Animal Kingdom is great too.

I vote MGM's Stars and Motor Cars parade... hands down for your son.

(I have 3 girls and a boy ages 2-6). This was their favorite. Haven't seen AK's parade though.

Can someone tell me approximately how long the jungle jammin parade is? does it get very crowded??

we have dinner reservations at boma at 530 (on a wednesday) and want to know if we'd be pushing it

thanks!

Mickey's Jungle Jammin Parade at AK is the best parade at Disney hands down....I am not big on parades but I love this parade as an earlier post said there is alot more child interaction at this parade....as far as your ressies go at Boma...The parade is usually at 3:30 I believe....Line up anywhere between the bridge to Africa and the trail to the park exit about 20-30 minutes early and leave soon as soon as the parade passes by...alot of people will be leaving at the same time so this will be the part that takes up the most time...We have left right after the parade passed and headed to MK and was there at 5pm so you should not have any problems getting to Boma...just my 2 cents

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter