• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starbucks?

darph nader said:
Slighty off topic ,but what is the big deal with Star bucks? Am I missing something? Is this coffee worth $500 a cup ? Am i just a dumb redneck?WHAT? I've heard people go gagas over a cup of coffee. :confused3

$500? No Way. The 2 drinks that my husband and I bought on Saturday totalled just over $7.00. For our $7.00 we were able to sit by the fireplace and socialize with our friends for over 2 hours. I don't know anyplace else that we could do that. Yes, we enjoy drinking Starbucks, but it is more that just a cup of coffee. It's a way to relax on the weekends for us. :sunny:

We always head to Main Street in DL early and grab a latte at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. We drink Starbucks at home and have never been disappointed at the Blue Ribbon (give the Eggnog Latte a try if you are there near the holidays and don't mind your coffee sweet...).

ZeusNike said:
We always head to Main Street in DL early and grab a latte at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. We drink Starbucks at home and have never been disappointed at the Blue Ribbon (give the Eggnog Latte a try if you are there near the holidays and don't mind your coffee sweet...).

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that out on my visit to DL.

I don't frequent coffee shops much because they are so pricy.....but i always use good coffee at home! I prefer Seattle's best to Starbucks. Tully's is good too. Of course the BEST is coffee house is Moxie Java a Boise local chain.......and the best coffee is White cloud mountain, an Idaho company :) We in Idaho take our coffee very seriously as any Pacific Northwesternsers do!

They have Starbucks at the Marriot. Trust me I have been searching for some good coffee too. Although they have a little coffe place at the Disneyland Hotel, which makes great Frappucinos. You just have to ask for more ice, otherwise it is very watery.

amw said:
For Canadians, I would suggest doing the same with Tim Horton's coffee. They sell the individual coffee packs, enough for a pot each. My husband is a consultant and had to work in the mid-west for awhile. We had to make sure to pack these -- the locals started demanding them too.

I personally don't drink coffee, but if we want a happy DH in the morning, better make sure the coffee is good :cloud9:
Mmmmmmm, I take my TH coffee and hot chocolate with me wherever I go!!! :love:

darph nader said:
Slighty off topic ,but what is the big deal with Star bucks? Am I missing something? Is this coffee worth $500 a cup ? Am i just a dumb redneck?WHAT? I've heard people go gagas over a cup of coffee. :confused3

Well I have never paid $500 a CUP. It's just consistant quality coffee. Now for drip I dont like it, for me it's way too strong. As for espresso drinks, I have my own Starbucks Barista Espresso Machine and make my own drinks now. (I'm selling a brite blue one if anyone is interested) One time I was forced to spend a week in Leavenworth Kansas, and thougth I was gonna die. The quality of coffee was sooo bad. Yuban is not coffee, weak, gastly awful flavor not sure what was up. Finally found a Barnes and Noble with a starbucks in tit and lived to see another day.

:surfweb:

I so was going to ask the question about the Starbucks but I also will prefer any good quality coffee house. I can't wait to try the eggnog latte!

JEEZE! $500.00 a cup was being "sarcastic". It's like people going gagas over Krispy Kreme donuts. Big media brewhaha (sp?) here in town. They closed both stores last week. Personally I thought the donuts were 'overrated",but that's me. To me (a simplistic redneck), Coffee is like a cold beer,coffee to wake me up/or keep me going,w/o tasting like it would degrease my engine,or strip the paint off my car,or beer,a relaxing drink with a nice buzz. I like iced tea also. :smokin:

Mary Jo said:
There is also a cafe type at the Disneyland Hotel where you can get coffee, and Compass Books that also includes some outdoor tables.
We had a few stops at this place during our trip this summer. I love it there. The tables outside are nice to sit at and watch people come and go with their D'land bags, etc. As I don't drink coffee, I had a bottle of Minute Maid lemonade but I swear it tasted better there than anywhere else!!! ;) :rotfl:

I love eggnog lattes!!!!!Thnks for th tip.

Too funny, I wrote in April that I didn't use Starbucks at home.....well soon after that Barnes and Nobel started sending out free bags of SB coffee in each order.After using about 6 of them.....I was hooked!I like any of their dark roast types.

IMO a really good quality coffee is the Kirkland costco brand. I like Safeway/ Vons brand French Roast. I will drink SB coffee drip if I make it myself. But wont' pay top $$ for just drip.

As for the $500 a cup comment, I realize it was sarcastic, but on the other hand, my friends mother likes PETE's coffee KONA and it's is like $250 lb or somethiing insane.

That is insane. For $250.00/lb,I'd expect warm ocean breezes,palm frons for fans,while asians beauties with no....never mind. ;)

There was an article on the food chanel/discovery channel,about some coffee that birds eat the beans but can't digest them.So they 'pass' them. I wonder if it's the same stuff? :confused3

I got to say vanilla bean coffee is my favorite. Circle K has some of the best Cinnamon Coffee. But Starbucks of course carries the light stuff, for those watching their weight. So it makes it convienant for me. I guess everyone is different though. Maybe it is the name for some people.

darph nader said:
That is insane. For $250.00/lb,I'd expect warm ocean breezes,palm frons for fans,while asians beauties with no....never mind. ;)

There was an article on the food chanel/discovery channel,about some coffee that birds eat the beans but can't digest them.So they 'pass' them. I wonder if it's the same stuff? :confused3

No, thats not Kona coffe. The one you're thinking of is from Indonesia and I believe it's called Kopi Luwak. It's 50 dollars or so a cup, and they get the beans in the same way you said but from an animal thats like a little mongoose. I thought it was some fake story when I first heard about it, but apparently it's true.

Kona beans are fom Hawaii. They're more expensive than the beans we typically get. But the coffee has a wonderfully rich, almost chocolatey flavor.

I love Kona coffe. Pricey though. Most any medium strength blend will do just fine. At this moment, I'm drinking a cup of Folgers.
Before we had kids (back when we were DINKs), DW and I used to go to Starbucks at least 3-4 times a week (usually for a white mocha :thumbsup2 ). Now days, with 2 kids, DW rarely working outside of the house, we may go once a month. Unless someone gives us a gift card.

darph nader said:

I think that is the stuff. Another reason is, on Kona there isnt' enough land to grow it so what they do grow is limited so pricy. Supply and Demand plus the weather makes it a special blend. I dont' know. I do like SBC.

On another note: RIP STEVE IRWIN AKA THE CROCK HUNTER. I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS ANYONE ELSE?

:sad2:

I can't believe he died either although I still have the memory of him of dangling his infant in front of the crocodiles chompers to show that he trusts the crocodile-not a smart move in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter