Star Wars Virtual Half: What are your plans?

I feel underwhelmed when comparing it to last year. Maybe if they added more color to it. How about everyone else?

It was a BB-8 key chain. You could wind up the head and let it go. The head would spin and make noise and the body would light up. It wasn't very big, but large for a keychain.

Headed to Key West tomorrow for the Key West 1/2. The weather is supposed to be rainy and windy. :scared: That will be our virtual race.

So, how does the Virtual Half work? How do you indicate that the virtual run has completed and how/when do you get your medal? I know you will get the Kessel Run medal after completing the half marathon in April and I assume they hand those out at the race finish line similar to the other challenges?

So, how does the Virtual Half work? How do you indicate that the virtual run has completed and how/when do you get your medal? I know you will get the Kessel Run medal after completing the half marathon in April and I assume they hand those out at the race finish line similar to the other challenges?
You can entire your time in online. If you are just doing the virtual they mail the medal to you. If you are doing Kessel you get the virtual medal at the expo and Kessel at the end of the race.

You can entire your time in online. If you are just doing the virtual they mail the medal to you. If you are doing Kessel you get the virtual medal at the expo and Kessel at the end of the race.
Perfect. Thanks. I did not see where to enter the virtual time online. Where do you do that?

Perfect. Thanks. I did not see where to enter the virtual time online. Where do you do that?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my understanding is that the only reason to enter the time online is to generate a printable certificate for yourself. There's no requirement to enter your time or otherwise "prove" you did the virtual run. If you signed up for the virtual run by itself the medal will be mailed to you, regardless.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but my understanding is that the only reason to enter the time online is to generate a printable certificate for yourself. There's no requirement to enter your time or otherwise "prove" you did the virtual run. If you signed up for the virtual run by itself the medal will be mailed to you, regardless.
Correct you are not required to enter your time. The medal will be mailed to you regardless. Although I am not sure if that is different for the Kessel run or not.

Correct you are not required to enter your time. The medal will be mailed to you regardless. Although I am not sure if that is different for the Kessel run or not.

For Kessel Run I'm pretty sure you get both your virtual medal and Kessel medal when you complete the SW half at WDW.

For the Kessel Run, you get your virtual medal at bib pick up. When you get your wristband, they give you a box with your virtual medal and gift too.

For Kessel Run I'm pretty sure you get both your virtual medal and Kessel medal when you complete the SW half at WDW.
Yes you do I’m talking about if they make you submit a time or anything to validate your Kessel medal. Otherwise that’s just really buying another medal.

Last year, they made it very clear that in order to earn the virtual medal, you only needed to walk or run a grant total of 13.1 miles before the end of the virtual period. They explicitly stated that virtual participants did not need to get those 13.1 miles consecutively and that it could be done over days or weeks. There was no requirement to prove that you had finished the miles and they would send the medal. If someone registers for a virtual runDisney event, they'll send the medal regardless of whether or not you did the run(s).

Now, they were also very clear that Kessel Run could only be earned by finishing the Dark Side Half within the usual runDisney pace requirements. Meaning you could walk 1 mile on 13 consecutive days and earn the virtual half, but if you were swept during the Dark Side Half, you would not receive the Kessel Run medal.

Final note. Last year, they shut down Kessel Run registrations before they closed the virtual registrations. So it was possible for someone to register for the virtual half in February and register for the Dark Side Half in March, finish both in accordance with the different rules, and not receive the Kessel Run medal.

Even for Kessel you don't have to submit the time. They don't validate anything.
OK so confirming I do not need to do anything. I’ll pick up the virtual medal at expo and will receive the Kessel run medal at the finish line after the half - assuming I finish the race without getting swept. The link you sent was just to print the certificate. It wasn’t tied to a registration.

Thanks everyone for responding. It would be cool if rumDisney put this info on their site. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for responding. It would be cool if rumDisney put this info on their site. :rolleyes:
I know the part about not needing to get 13.1 miles in consecutively was there last year. I still need to actually register for the Star Wars Virtual Race. I held off since I wanted to see the medal, but I love R2-D2 so I'm pretty sure I'm in. I'm using marathon weekend for my virtual run. I can't make Rival Run because of work this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!