Star Wars Land?

rachlovestv

Mouseketeer
So, a few weeks ago, I got an email from WDW asking is I would participate in a survey. I was there last November, and one day when I entered, I had given a cast member my email address right after entering the park.

I assumed this was going to be just a quick post-trip survey, but it ended up being an in-depth survey about my Star Wars knowledge and fandom, as well as what specific places I'd like to visit were WDW to include Star Wars in a park, along with what rides I'd like to see and what characters I'd like to meet.

It definitely makes me think they are seriously considering adding a decent-sized Star Wars Land to one of the parks - maybe DHS? There was even a question about if I'd prefer 3 lands with 1 ride each or 2 lands with 2 rides each.

Did anyone else end up taking this survey? It definitely peaked the interest and me and my friends, many of whom are die-hard Star Wars fanatics.

You mentioned WDW having a Star Wars land? Did you mean Disneyland? A WDW Star Wars land would be awesome. I have heard about Disneyland and Disney Paris, Star Wars land. I've also heard about these surveys that people have been getting. Im sure it's going to happen. I can't wait.

The email I got was from visiting WDW, and asked if I was more likely to visit again if there was a SW land, so I'm assuming they're considering one there.

Yea I heard of DisneyLand Passholders getting this survey, but not guests at WDW. That is great if you did and I would love to receive this survey myself.

I visited WDW in December and I received the survey about a Star Wars land too. It was a long survey that went into detail about characters and places I would want to see at WDW. The survey took about 20 minutes to complete. Here's hoping something comes of it.

So, a few weeks ago, I got an email from WDW asking is I would participate in a survey. I was there last November, and one day when I entered, I had given a cast member my email address right after entering the park.

That's exciting to hear that these surveys aren't exclusive to DL. Sounds like the question isn't whether they will add SWL, but what SWL will be made up of.

I was absolutely giddy :yay: the first time I went on Star Tours at WDW. More Star Wars present at WDW or DL can only be a good thing :)

I agree this is great news that it isn't exclusive to DL. Really think the Studios is going to get some expansion related to Star Wars in the next few years

The email I got was from visiting WDW, and asked if I was more likely to visit again if there was a SW land, so I'm assuming they're considering one there.

Awesome! I wish I would've gotten a survey back when I visited last December. I wish they would keep it limited to Episodes IV-VII (and perhaps VII-IX), but I'd take it however it goes. I wonder who the poor sap they're going to pick to be Jar Jar is going to be?

I wonder who the poor sap they're going to pick to be Jar Jar is going to be?

There was a "what characters would you NOT want to meet in the park?" question, which I'm sure Jar Jar was picked for a lot. I would be shocked to see a Jar Jar walking around the parks one day. LOL.

~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated. I also wonder if Star Wars land will be aesthetically pleasing for the average theme park guest. I think Carsland is beautiful, especially at night. Avatarland will look fabulous, day or night, with its lush landscaping and glorious mountains. I'm super excited about Avatarland, I just can't wait for that! And, I'm equally excited about something new for DHS, maybe a combination of Pixarland & Star Wars will be best. We'll see.

~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated. I also wonder if Star Wars land will be aesthetically pleasing for the average theme park guest. I think Carsland is beautiful, especially at night. Avatarland will look fabulous, day or night, with its lush landscaping and glorious mountains. I'm super excited about Avatarland, I just can't wait for that! And, I'm equally excited about something new for DHS, maybe a combination of Pixarland & Star Wars will be best. We'll see.

I've been when Star Tours was packed. I think it's a real hit-or-miss ride on whether it's crowded or not.

I would love to see a Star Wars Land, especially built into HS. :cool1:

~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated.

On the other hand, the Star Tours at Disneyland is rarely walk-on these days. If you get there when park opens, you can usually get right on, but after that, the line is usually 30-90 minutes long. I'm not too worried about their overestimating the popularity of Star Wars, especially with new movies coming out.

I think a Star Wars Land has potential. It would be a good place to put more extreme rides that would appeal more to teenagers. Even if they just gave the land a Tatooine feel you could easily get another two rides; Devil's Canyon and Pod Racers. Plus the cantina and Watto's junk yard. They could build Jabba's palace and turn that into a theater. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

MIL is a Disney Card holder. I've been secretly hoping she gets one of these in depth surveys because she knows absolutely nothing about Star Wars and butchers the names every time DS asks her to read one of his books.

I think a Star Wars Land has potential. It would be a good place to put more extreme rides that would appeal more to teenagers. Even if they just gave the land a Tatooine feel you could easily get another two rides; Devil's Canyon and Pod Racers. Plus the cantina and Watto's junk yard. They could build Jabba's palace and turn that into a theater. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

MIL is a Disney Card holder. I've been secretly hoping she gets one of these in depth surveys because she knows absolutely nothing about Star Wars and butchers the names every time DS asks her to read one of his books.

That being the absolute WORST movie of the six...and one of the truly hideous pieces of garbage to ever be put on film (along with the vanilla ice movie and "Glitter")...why on earth would anyone spend one dollar of construction funds to recreate that?

I'd rather have the "Three's Company Jack "the ripper" Tripper Coaster" than any garbage from the lesser of the movies (and note...the first three star wars movies weren't Citizen Kane...but they had decent characters and stories and were cutting edge for the time...so it looks like arthouse cinema now in comparison)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!