Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** January 15-18, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I wasn't able to plan an official meet-up for us this time around. But if anyone is in Cars Land tomorrow night wearing anything runDisney related, you'd better believe I will say hello if I see you.

Are you working any other days this weekend?

Listening to Star Wars Scores my last hour of work before heading to the airport, will be a long travel night but waking up at GCH in the morning will be awesome!

Waking up in GCH would be awesome!! I get DLH Sat-Mon so can't complain here, although I do have that long elevator ride down to the staging area. Ugh! :rotfl2:

Sorry I wasn't able to plan an official meet-up for us this time around. But if anyone is in Cars Land tomorrow night wearing anything runDisney related, you'd better believe I will say hello if I see you.

I'll be in the parks tomorrow night. Not sure DCA or DL but depending on the weather it'll either be the gray Pluto 5k shirt or yellow Minnie 10k shirt from last weekend.

One more day for me and I can't wait!! :yay:

Are you working any other days this weekend?

Just tonight and tomorrow and then I have the whole weekend off until Wednesday this time around.

But I'll be on resort property all weekend since we're staying at the DLH (and then the PPH) if we want to try and plan any small meet-ups something last minute. Even a quick hello would be nice.

Just post here or send me a quick PM.

Waking up in GCH would be awesome!! I get DLH Sat-Mon so can't complain here, although I do have that long elevator ride down to the staging area. Ugh! :rotfl2:

I'll be in the parks tomorrow night. Not sure DCA or DL but depending on the weather it'll either be the gray Pluto 5k shirt or yellow Minnie 10k shirt from last weekend.

One more day for me and I can't wait!! :yay:

Hey, we'll be in the same hotel, lady!

I shall keep my eye out for you. It would be about time I got to say hello after these past few years, lol.

Just tonight and tomorrow and then I have the whole weekend off until Wednesday this time around.

But I'll be on resort property all weekend since we're staying at the DLH (and then the PPH) if we want to try and plan any small meet-ups something last minute. Even a quick hello would be nice.

Just post here or send me a quick PM.

I shall keep my eye out for you. It would be about time I got to say hello after these past few years, lol.

We get into Anaheim tomorrow night but too late for the parks. I'm glad you managed to get the whole weekend off though!

WDW CM (CT in FL and live in Indiana) here, leaving in the morning from St Louis but won't make the parks tomorrow, maybe Friday. Looking forward to some of that CA sunshine, 29 degrees here in IN. Did the 10k in August and just doing the 10k now but 2 daughters and son-in-law are doing 10k and half.

Couldn't get Disneyland hotel for Friday & Saturday but staying at someplace called Annabelle, I think. Any thoughts on it? Haven't stayed off property before.

Yay! B/c I'm a nerd and have everything planned already, Fri I'll have on a light blue Vader shirt w/ him on a bench wearing Mickey Gloves and holding a red Mickey ear balloon and Sat that kid's blue Storm Tropper Pew Pew shirt. For the races, 10k I'll be 1 of 1,000's of Leias- long sleeve white shirt, silver/white skirt and buns; then Sun a gray shirt w/ everybody on it mimicking the IASW ride poster.

Couldn't get Disneyland hotel for Friday & Saturday but staying at someplace called Annabelle, I think. Any thoughts on it? Haven't stayed off property before.

Haven't stayed there, but it's looks nice when I walk/drive by it. I know Miceage uses them a lot when they do events.

I am always excited for DLR trips, but I have to admit that I'm extra-excited about this one! I think it's the combination of Disney and Star Wars that's pushed me over the edge. I spent way too long last night debating whether to pack my lightsaber or not. (Not. Don't need it, don't want to lose it.)

Also, I feel pretty good about the 10k, which I've started thinking of as the Trooper 10k, because of all the Storm Trooper imagery. I wasn't sold on the medal when I first saw it, but I like the shirt and love the pin. I suppose I'm a convert. Where do I sign up for the 501st again?

I have to be up in less than 12 hours to get myself to the airport on time. And yet I'm looking forward to it. Disney makes us all crazy.

WDW CM (CT in FL and live in Indiana) here, leaving in the morning from St Louis but won't make the parks tomorrow, maybe Friday. Looking forward to some of that CA sunshine, 29 degrees here in IN. Did the 10k in August and just doing the 10k now but 2 daughters and son-in-law are doing 10k and half.

I've never personally stayed there but we have friends who have stayed there a couple time and like it. You'll have a short walk to the corrals and maybe a 10-15 min walk to the parks. I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

I am always excited for DLR trips, but I have to admit that I'm extra-excited about this one! I think it's the combination of Disney and Star Wars that's pushed me over the edge. I spent way too long last night debating whether to pack my lightsaber or not. (Not. Don't need it, don't want to lose it.)

Also, I feel pretty good about the 10k, which I've started thinking of as the Trooper 10k, because of all the Storm Trooper imagery. I wasn't sold on the medal when I first saw it, but I like the shirt and love the pin. I suppose I'm a convert. Where do I sign up for the 501st again?

I have to be up in less than 12 hours to get myself to the airport on time. And yet I'm looking forward to it. Disney makes us all crazy.
Since my 1/2 attire is Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi, I need to pack my lightsaber. And if it's lost, I'll just replace it from the Star Trader gift shop.

Like you, the stormtrooper stuff is starting to grow on me. I like the tech shirt the runners get a lot. When the medals were announced, I was surprised to see the 1/2 get the Yavin IV Medal of Bravery which I expected for the Rebel Challenge. I briefly wondered if I should have gone for just the 1/2 instead of the Rebel Challenge. But seeing Yoda as the face of the Rebel Challenge has erased any small question about whether I should have signed up for just the 1/2. Yoda is my favorite, so I'm happy there.

One more day of work, one last 2-3 mile run, and I'm setting course for the Disneyland system.

Just got to the Expo. They are doing a wristband/line combo. They are letting people enter the Expo by color, but you have to stay in the room where everyone is lined up.

On the bright side, they are showing Empire Strikes Back.

90 minute wait for me. Got in line around 9:30am and just about to enter the merchandise area

Flying down from SFO tonight; staying at DLH.

Rebel Challenge, last corral. Guessing my charity registration was too late to get proof of time submission. Can't wait to fight through traffic the first few miles of each race. :sad2:

Please post pics of merch!! We won't get in until tomorrow and I'm fully expecting a lot of it to be gone. :(

Well, about to call it a night now that I'm off work. We are checked into the Disneyland Hotel, I hit the Expo up this morning (at 6am and I must say I approve of the changes they made for the Official Merchandise queue). I only did the shopping yesterday so in the morning we are picking up our race packets and looking at the Expo floor.

Have fun this weekend everyone!

To my fellow runners, "The Force will be with you always."

Setting course for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend shortly.

To my fellow runners, "The Force will be with you always."

Setting course for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend shortly.

The 5k was so much fun!! At the start we had clips of the movies and the new trailer. Picture stops - various Jedis from the Academy, Storm Troppers by IASW but not as a designated picture stop and they kept telling you to run. By the Castle/Pixie Hollow/Matterhorn was Chewy and the line was about to the end of the teacups. By Star Tours, the had Vader and 2 Troopers, but the line was crazy long. In DCA, there was 1 by the Grizzly Peak photo opp.

FYI - if, like us, you're taking it easy tonight or tomorrow but need to fuel, Paradise Pier is offering a "runners buffet" from 5-9. I don't remember all the mentioned options, but they sounded good, and the price was very reasonable.

I'm running the half marathon and look forward to seeing some elaborate costumes.

Photo ops moved a little bit today. Chewie was by the entrance to Mark Twain, Vader by Innoventions and the line went along the inside circle by Pizza Planet around to Star Traders and Storm Troopers walking the ramps of Innoventions. Boba was in DCA by the LM store. Kinda surprised no disney characters, but maybe tomorrow.

Love the medal!! Now resting it up for tomorrow. Good luck everyone running in the am! :cheer2: :chewy::ewok::darth::yoda:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter