Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

My fiancée and I ran the virtual half on March 12. Last week we each received a medal... for the 5k, which we had signed up for, but haven't run, nor submitted times for yet.

Are they just randomly shipping the medals that you paid for? What about shirts - will they ship separately? We selected the options that got us at least one of each of the shirts.

yes, medals are shipped regardless of submitted time.
shirts should arrive with medals

OK, thank you. Should the shirt be in the box with the medal, or would it arrived in a separate package?

If they are doing the same thing that they have for the past 3 Virtual Race Weekends, shirts and medals should come shipped together in the same box.

Thanks everyone. My fiancée checked and it turns out we didn't order shirts for the 5k. Oops. :blush:

I have to say... I know this has been mentioned before but I was not prepared for how much packaging they used for this. I guess it's one-size-fits-all and more appropriate if you also bought merch but all this for three medals!

Oh, and I also got a pin. That was a nice touch, wasn't expecting that.

Wow! I've only ever opted into the Summer Virtual Series. Those 4 medals came stuffed in tiny boxes. When I got home today and found these I couldn't believe it. Nice job runDisney and Otterbox. The smaller box is the original Virtual Half Medal in case anyone is wondering. The larger is the Kessel Run Challenge box. The Death Star pin and the Virtual Half Marathon Death Star swivel medal are over the top awesome!

Star Wars Medals 1.jpg Star Wars Medals 2.jpg Star Wars Medals 3.jpg

I went to DHS May 4th for Star Wars Day - the plan was to also do medal pics while there, but my medal didn't arrive in time. When did it arrive? A few hours after I left for WDW, obviously. :rolleyes: I may or may not drag it with me next time I'm over there.

I think my package is coming tomorrow. I just got a notice from UPS, I bet that is it...
i live in an Orlando suburb...

I got my box last Thursday. I did the "real" virtual half only and I liked the smaller box size this time around.

So my little sister registered for the Rival Run Half medal only and her medal arrived last Friday. I signed up back when it was still possibly going to be live for the Kessel Run Rival Run Challenge with shirts and received mine today. I also received one of my nephews' kids race medals. I don't remember if they did this for Princess, but for Star Wars the kids race medals are coming in the fancy packaging with kids race art on the outer box. Still waiting for my other nephew's medal and shirt to arrive.

I have to say... I know this has been mentioned before but I was not prepared for how much packaging they used for this. I guess it's one-size-fits-all and more appropriate if you also bought merch but all this for three medals!

Oh, and I also got a pin. That was a nice touch, wasn't expecting that.
Which races did you register for? I know in years where the Star Wars was live, but the Kessel Run was half virtual, they included some sort of extra gift for anyone who did the Kessel Run component. I'll have to check if I received a pin, but I did not sign up for the 5K.
I went to DHS May 4th for Star Wars Day - the plan was to also do medal pics while there, but my medal didn't arrive in time. When did it arrive? A few hours after I left for WDW, obviously. :rolleyes: I may or may not drag it with me next time I'm over there.
I did that last November. Took my 2020 Star Wars Virtual Half Medal to Galaxy's Edge for some photos. Masked up and everything. It felt right for a race turned virtual because of the pandemic.

Which races did you register for? I know in years where the Star Wars was live, but the Kessel Run was half virtual, they included some sort of extra gift for anyone who did the Kessel Run component. I'll have to check if I received a pin, but I did not sign up for the 5K.
Just the Kessel. The pin was for the virtual HM.

I did the star wars half marathon and did not get a pin........do i need to call...??
I don't know honestly. I didn't order one, it's entirely possible that they were giving them out randomly or to people who ordered multiple medals (as mentioned before, I signed up for the Kessel package). Either way, I'm guessing they had extra stock because they didn't have the convention to sell anything in-person. I know a lot of unsold race gear was going to outlets in Orlando, they probably figured it wasn't worth doing the same with the pins.

So I checked my box. I did receive a pin for the Star Wars Virtual Half that was always going to be virtual. The one with the Death Star medal. The pin is the medal replica pin that runDisney has made in years past.
I did the star wars half marathon and did not get a pin........do i need to call...??
Were you signed up for the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon (Death Star Medal) or Star Wars Rival Run Virtual Half Marathon (Yoda and Darth Vader medal)? It can't hurt to email them to see if you were supposed to receive a pin, but it's entirely possible that the pins were only sent to those signed up for the Kessel Run Challenge which was both the Star Wars Virtual Half and the Star Wars Rival Run Virtual Half.
I don't know honestly. I didn't order one, it's entirely possible that they were giving them out randomly or to people who ordered multiple medals (as mentioned before, I signed up for the Kessel package). Either way, I'm guessing they had extra stock because they didn't have the convention to sell anything in-person. I know a lot of unsold race gear was going to outlets in Orlando, they probably figured it wasn't worth doing the same with the pins.
To some degree this tracks with what happened in previous years when a runner was registered for the Kessel Run Challenge. In 2018, the Kessel Run Challenge participants also received a free light up BB-8 keychain when they picked up their Virtual Half medal at the Expo. Last year, many original Kessel Run participants, including myself, received their Virtual Half medal in a Kessel Run box after the races were canceled. Those who registered for the Star Wars Virtual Half only with no Kessel Run Challenge element received a different box.

My best guess is that the Virtual Half Medal (Death Star) pin is going out to anyone who registered for the Kessel Run.

Mistyped my zip code on my registration. Crossing my fingers that I receive my medals. It is easier to get a hold of Leonardo DiCaprio then a hold of someone that any runDisney customer service.

I only did this virtual run because it is the last Star Wars run they are doing. I do not like how TWDC handles any of their shipping capabilities.

Mistyped my zip code on my registration. Crossing my fingers that I receive my medals. It is easier to get a hold of Leonardo DiCaprio then a hold of someone that any runDisney customer service.

I only did this virtual run because it is the last Star Wars run they are doing. I do not like how TWDC handles any of their shipping capabilities.

If you have a ups mychoice account, you can change the shipping address if it has already shipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter