Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

And just a little complaint, I'm bummed they don't allow three people so I could see him build it. :(

I think they know that with the steep price tag, if they allowed more people in they would just buy one for the family so they can all watch, and they want it to be "pay to play"--we're buying two lightsabers as a result, so I guess it worked for me. I don't love it either, but I understand; it's no different to me than obligating everyone to pay at prix fixe character meals. If they didn't make everyone pay, you can bet there'd be parents who buy a couple of meals and share with their kids, or feed their kids before.

My husband has an appointment for Savi’s. Our party is the two of us and our 3 year old. My husband wants our son to go with him and help pick out parts, etc. Will he be allowed in since he is under 5? Or would they let me be the guest and hold the child? He’s small for his age.

Okayyyyy I am not paying $60 for the backpack. I'll have it sent to the front of the park for me in the box.

I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere but I can't find it - My fiance and I want to build one (1) droid, how many people should I make the reservation for so we can both go in to the experience?

I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere but I can't find it - My fiance and I want to build one (1) droid, how many people should I make the reservation for so we can both go in to the experience?
you reserve for the builder only, each builder can bring one guest

My husband has an appointment for Savi’s. Our party is the two of us and our 3 year old. My husband wants our son to go with him and help pick out parts, etc. Will he be allowed in since he is under 5? Or would they let me be the guest and hold the child? He’s small for his age.
Neither. Guests are not allowed to participate in choosing parts etc at the building table—they stand at the back and watch, which a 3 year old can’t realistically do. And you cannot go in with the child because it is one guest per builder. It sounds like it you want something you can all go to and build together, the droid depot might be a better fit.

Neither. Guests are not allowed to participate in choosing parts etc at the building table—they stand at the back and watch, which a 3 year old can’t realistically do. And you cannot go in with the child because it is one guest per builder. It sounds like it you want something you can all go to and build together, the droid depot might be a better fit.
They did not enforce the building remotely that closely. DH came in when I built mine. No one prevented him from helping me choose between 2 options. He helped me with my crystal. There were also a couple of little kids along with their parents. Not kids who were building, one of the adults were.

I can't say that every CM allows a toddler in with their parents but I can say without question that no one is monitoring the conversation to prevent a guest from giving input while constructing the saber. It's not like no talking is allowed. Where only the builder comes in is when speaking with the gathers, telling them which crystal, or when lifting the completed, lit saber from the table.

They did not enforce the building remotely that closely. DH came in when I built mine. No one prevented him from helping me choose between 2 options. He helped me with my crystal. There were also a couple of little kids along with their parents. Not kids who were building, one of the adults were.

I can't say that every CM allows a toddler in with their parents but I can say without question that no one is monitoring the conversation to prevent a guest from giving input while constructing the saber. It's not like no talking is allowed. Where only the builder comes in is when speaking with the gathers, telling them which crystal, or when lifting the completed, lit saber from the table.
I think you hit the nail on the head.....YMMV, depending on the CM, I think. I went in with my dh and video'd the whole thing. People were collaborating with their guest in quiet tones. There is a lot of talking on the CM's part (who is doing the majority of the talking). I would prepare to "not" be allowed in with a toddler, then be happily surprised if you are. I'm sure a lot of it depends on the toddler.....I mean the CM doesn't know your child and I'm sure they want to keep distractions to a minimum so that everyone in the room has a good experience, kwim?

I've got a droid depot reservation for May 4th 2020, within half an hour of an Oga's reservation - is that going to be enough time, does anyone know?

I've got a droid depot reservation for May 4th 2020, within half an hour of an Oga's reservation - is that going to be enough time, does anyone know?
I have been reading a lot about timing and trying to figure all this out myself. It seems like if you know what kind of droid you want and generally what colors you want the build is pretty quick. I found something that suggested 20-30 minutes for droid depot, but would definitely like to hear about actual experiences.

For Oga's, yeah you are fine. It's not like you have to check in at Oga's at the exact moment of your reservation. If you are a few minutes longer it won't be any issues.
Savi's is where it matters, since that's a reservation for a show time and you have to be there for the beginning of that show.

Which reservation is first? If it's Oga's first then I think it'll be tricky. You may not get 2 drinks in within 30 min.

I'm heading to Droid Depot with a 4 and 6 year old. Neither are particularly big Star Wars fans, but I think they'll have fun nonetheless. Given that they won't have a natural preference for either the BB-Series or R-Series, I thought I'd crowd source some wisdom about which droid seems to be the most fun for kids. Would love the thoughts of the hive mind! Thanks in advance :)

My opinion is based in 0 experience, since I haven't built a droid yet. But I personally prefer a BB unit because of how it functions with the gyro-sphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!