Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think you have to worry about AK being a nightmare on the opening day of SWGE. My guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds at all of the parks other than HS (at least, if the underwhelming crowds at DL upon opening are any indication).
I'm going to HS that day...with an SDD FP. That's why I'm worried!

Quick question for those of us with AP linked to MDE. As all of us are linked together, can one person activitate their pass at any park at opening to gain a spot on the queue? Must you be in a park at all to utilize the virtual queue? Not all in our party will be willing to line up at 11 pm and sleep on concrete but my SIL and I would do it if we could get spots reserved for our entire party later in the day.

Quick question for those of us with AP linked to MDE. As all of us are linked together, can one person activitate their pass at any park at opening to gain a spot on the queue? Must you be in a park at all to utilize the virtual queue? Not all in our party will be willing to line up at 11 pm and sleep on concrete but my SIL and I would do it if we could get spots reserved for our entire party later in the day.
For the vq each person has to go into the park to be able to get into a vq, if/ when it opens

nothing has been announced yet.

Since I'm the resident Disney expert in my groups I get asked things like "how long should I set aside for GE? Can we do all of DHS in a day? In January of 2020?" And I'm like Do you realize how many variables we are talking about here? We have no idea what the crowds will really be like at opening, we don't know if WDW will put in reservations for Oga's and/or Savi's, RotR should be open by then, how will that change crowds, how will DHS' changing of FP+ tiers change wait times, will they stick to having nearly every ride in Tier 1, will the GE rides still not have FP+ by next January??

Even the best computer can't work without any input lol.

I have a question. I am a DVC member and I read the early hours are available for DVC members staying at CERTAIN hotels. I booked a room at Port Orleans for the first full week of September and am wondering if I will be allowed in for Early AM admission. Are early hours available to ALL persons staying on property or just DVC members. We are not using our points for the week in September

I have a question. I am a DVC member and I read the early hours are available for DVC members staying at CERTAIN hotels. I booked a room at Port Orleans for the first full week of September and am wondering if I will be allowed in for Early AM admission. Are early hours available to ALL persons staying on property or just DVC members. We are not using our points for the week in September
EEMH are for everyone staying at a WDW resort and some good neighbors hotels

Does anyone know what time they allowed 'camping out' to begin at GE opening to the general public at Disneyland?
All I read was accounts of how not crowded it was. But I don't remember anything about when the line started.

Just thinking what my days plan should be for 8/28

So with the announcement of ROTR opening in early Dec., I wonder how that may impact opening weekend? How many will skip it in favor of waiting for both rides to be open? I'm still planning opening day, just because I've never done anything like that before.

So with the announcement of ROTR opening in early Dec., I wonder how that may impact opening weekend? How many will skip it in favor of waiting for both rides to be open? I'm still planning opening day, just because I've never done anything like that before.

I think there will be some die hards that will be there opening day for the magic. I really don't see a ton of people relocating entire trips to december, airline tickets are probably purchased, vacation time can be hard to reschedule, etc....but probably doing a quick weekend in december in addition to whatever they're doing opening week.

My plan has always been to wait until both attractions are open to visit, just don't see the point in going until then. So Marathon Weekend 2020 will be the time for us!

I think the percentage of people changing a sept trip to dec is very small. I think people will come to sept and then dec. or they were waiting for the announcement and are planning dec trips now

Well we are already scheduled for opening day AND Dec 9-15. I missed the announcement for RotT.

I’m staying onsite and was thinking about heading over with a couple of camping chairs. Are there options for getting rid of that chair?

I've been looking on Amazon, and there are some smaller chairs that fold up and would be easy enough to carry or put in a locker. But I have to say, I like the pool float idea. I keep getting a pop up on my Facebook for a small sun tent that is tiny before you kind of fling it out to open up. Not sure if it would keep any bugs or rain out though...

I'm staying at the Swan Aug 27-31, and want to be there opening day. Sis is coming along, but I'm betting she won't want to camp out. I could bring a pool float to lounge in, and have a movie or two on my kindle and be good to go.

Do you think planning on 3 am is too late?

I don’t know yet if I’m happy or worried! We booked our extended family vacation for Nov 29 - Dec 9 right at the 11 mth mark for DVC not even thinking about GE.

So looks like we’ll be in the thick of things for better or worse!

I didn’t plan on being anywhere near HS on 8/29 after I heard about opening. We’re amongst those who booked vacation and got stuck with something we were trying to avoid. However, today was my FP booking day and I can’t get SDD until, that’s right, 8/29. (Same for FOP...). So I did an 8PM FP as we are intending to visit a water park that day. I hope it’s not a nightmare as no one at my house is interested in Star Wars enough to do more than FP Star Tours...

We are in the same situation. Booked Aug. 26-Sept. 2 more than a year ago and couldn't change dates after they announced GE. AND couldn't get SDD FPs before GE - so we'll be there on the 30th. In the later afternoon and evening. Hoping some of the madness dies down later in the day, but we'll see. If it ends up being too crazy, it is what it is. At least we'll have spent the morning enjoying something else.
I did book an ADR for ABC Commissary figuring that it would at least be nice to know we have a place to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!