Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the news that Runaway Railway won’t open until Spring 2020. Leaves a huge capacity hole for the SWGE opening. I wonder if this will push WDW toward some system of timed/limited entry...

Just saw the news that Runaway Railway won’t open until Spring 2020. Leaves a huge capacity hole for the SWGE opening. I wonder if this will push WDW toward some system of timed/limited entry...
Even with it I believe they would use some sort of entry system at first. This may lead them to use it even longer or change it a bit.

I don't think we know that it will be operational from day 1 though, right? FoP had a single rider line built and was never used
FoP’s SR line was half shared with FP for part of the way which is why I think they never used it. MFSR’s is its own separate line like RSR.

FoP’s SR line was half shared with FP for part of the way which is why I think they never used it. MFSR’s is its own separate line like RSR.
No, I'm pretty sure it was it's own line running parallel to the fp line then when you got to the second tap station the CM could direct SR to the middle row before being assigned rooms.

I received my email for opening day Instructions. Pinching myself that we have our 4 hour time slot from 8am to noon!
A few notes:
1. The reservation is attached to our hotel room, not our app/AP profile.
2. We will need to enter together and show ID.
3. There is NO re-Entry.
4. The reservation is non transferable.

May the force be with everyone getting reservations on May 2nd!

Made another WDW reservation this weekend. Trying to cover all my bases.

So it started with an Aug 20-28 ASMu FS free dining reservation for my family of 5 + my neice (we haven't asked her yet). Which is the best deal around when you have 5-6 in your party. We chose ASMu to accommodate another family that had planned to come with us but since has changed their plans to postpone a year. Actually they are the only reason I booked anything.

Then I added on Aug 28-30 at the Boardwalk under a room deal so we could stay for Opening Day and be close. But this means we could no longer ask DN to join us.

With the re-release of a Aug free dining for Disney Visa I just booked Aug 21-30 in a Cabin at Fort Wilderness. Which was my first choice for a longer stay.

So now I wait and see what the Opening Day plans are. If we are going to need to line up days in advance I keep the first two reservations. If we can get a timed reservation like DL then we go with the third reservation (and get to be the best aunt in the world). If it is something else than I freak out trying to figure out what to do.

After reading the Disney Land Announcement here is what I gather

Reservations start about one month before it opens in California. Using the same timeline that would be late July for Disney World or hopefully earlier.

It would seem unlikely they would give resort guests an automatic reservation as there are too many rooms at Disney World.

I wonder if they will use some kind of lottery system? If not you wonder about the capacity of their reservation system to handle the number of requests that will come in when the reservations open.

After reading the Disney Land Announcement here is what I gather

Reservations start about one month before it opens in California. Using the same timeline that would be late July for Disney World or hopefully earlier.

It would seem unlikely they would give resort guests an automatic reservation as there are too many rooms at Disney World.

I wonder if they will use some kind of lottery system? If not you wonder about the capacity of their reservation system to handle the number of requests that will come in when the reservations open.
another option: they don't do anything and it's a free for all
You never know with Disney

We have a reservation at a Moderate and my fear is they will say Delux hotel reservations get priority or something. Hopefully not but you never know

which means they will probably open the tapstiles at 5am and walk people over
I have a feeling they aren’t going to just let a huge mass of people in like Pandora or TSL. This is why they are stressing “capacity is limited”. I think they will have a line set up on grand avenue and essentially count how many people are let in so it’s not a sea of humanity.

I have a feeling they aren’t going to just let a huge mass of people in like Pandora or TSL. This is why they are stressing “capacity is limited”. I think they will have a line set up on grand avenue and essentially count how many people are let in so it’s not a sea of humanity.
right, so they open the tapstiles at 5am and ewalk people over to Grand Ave. They also don't want a mass of humanity outside the park by bag check.
This is what they sued to do for SWW, create a line for people going for SWW, let us in early and then walk us to the merchandise tent.
They will probably be using the extended Muppets queue like they did with the anniversary merchandise, the entire Grand Ave wasn't used on the 1st and the line snaked for 2 hours, if they use the entire Gtand Aven and even the Muppets/Mama Melrose Courtyard they could fit a lot of people there

I'm moving over here, as I'm now seriously considering opening morning! @yulilin3 based on your experiences with SWW, how early do you think the queue will form? DHS closes at 8:30 the night before... My initial thought is I could go to DHS for dinner and the evening on 8/28, go back to my car after closing (maybe move it to a closer spot?), hang out in my car for a while, then get into the queue when it starts to form - what do you think? Any pro-tips on getting through the wait? I have a battery-operated fan, I can bring food and water, broken old beach chair that needs to be tossed after one more use, a book... Will we be able to access the restrooms outside the park?? I can't believe I'm actually considering this lol!

I'm moving over here, as I'm now seriously considering opening morning! @yulilin3 based on your experiences with SWW, how early do you think the queue will form? DHS closes at 8:30 the night before... My initial thought is I could go to DHS for dinner and the evening on 8/28, go back to my car after closing (maybe move it to a closer spot?), hang out in my car for a while, then get into the queue when it starts to form - what do you think? Any pro-tips on getting through the wait? I have a battery-operated fan, I can bring food and water, broken old beach chair that needs to be tossed after one more use, a book... Will we be able to access the restrooms outside the park?? I can't believe I'm actually considering this lol!
From my personal experience with SWWW some people actually started lining up the night before even before the park closed. Now it really will depend on what they do to control crowds. Will they say "no arriving at the park before 4am"? or will they not say anything....if they allow people to camp out I strongly believe we will see a line forming around maybe 8 or 9pm the night before.
As for restrooms, we were allowed to use the restrooms that are outside of the park, they did power wash them every night so there was about a 2 hour window when they weren't available.
As of now I am planning on arriving before 3am if they say "no camping" around midnight or even earlier if they don't say anything.
Remember the chair will have to be taken back to your car even if you are planning on tossing it, no leaving anything behind that doesn't fit in the trash cans

I fear I’ve been underestimating this. I was prepared to set the alarm for 2-3am but I hadn’t contemplated camping out overnight.:scared: On the latest subscriber Disney Dish podcast, Len & Jim talk about how even some of the basic park ops questions (like will you use both entrances, will anywhere be serving breakfast at 6am) are still undecided. I’m excited and nervous.

From my personal experience with SWWW some people actually started lining up the night before even before the park closed. Now it really will depend on what they do to control crowds. Will they say "no arriving at the park before 4am"? or will they not say anything....if they allow people to camp out I strongly believe we will see a line forming around maybe 8 or 9pm the night before.
As for restrooms, we were allowed to use the restrooms that are outside of the park, they did power wash them every night so there was about a 2 hour window when they weren't available.
As of now I am planning on arriving before 3am if they say "no camping" around midnight or even earlier if they don't say anything.
Remember the chair will have to be taken back to your car even if you are planning on tossing it, no leaving anything behind that doesn't fit in the trash cans
All excellent info to consider - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter