Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well time to sleep before I head out for midnight may the force be with anyone else planning to do a midnight wait :)

At Coronado, CM told me that anyone from a hotel that tells you anything about what is going to happen tomorrow at SWGE is just guessing, as they are not "in the know" lol. She said they are prepared for just about anything, but many things have changed the outlook for the weekend...the main thing being the potential for a hurricane coming. I think it will be interesting to say the least. I personally do not think the park will hit capacity for a number of reasons, it may, but I just don't see that happening on a Thursday at the end of August with school going on, Food and Wine Festival ect... At least that is my hope...lol

I was planning on camping out, a bit anyway, maybe 3am, but my interest in doing that is waning, lol. I've got small kids with me so I can't do anything too crazy. I got a good taste of their unwillingness to remain still in a line all this week. Sigh. So my new plan is to arrive around 6am and get a boarding pass for later in the day. We could go back home and return when it's our time, which seems a bit more manageable for my family. Am I delusional about this? I missed out on any GE reservations, so it's all about the virtual queue for us.

Checking in briefly before going to bed lol! I went to DHS this afternoon & chatted with a Suit... he stuck to the “6am” line but was entertained by some of the rumors here I shared with him! I’m going to try getting up at 2am and see how it goes. The energy and excitement was palpable amongst all CMs - this is gonna be great, y’all!!

Dang, saw a Catina res open up tomorrow at 2 but had to sign in, and it was gone :(

There's a part of me that wants to drive out and show up at 3am now

Last edited:
For those you wondering. People are already waiting in line to get in. We got some info from the ******* chat. You can see the person 1st in line from his Twitter. @ThemeParkExpress

So excited!!!!!!!!!! I need a break from Hurricane Watch tomorrow while I pack so this will be my diversion! I have Oga’s reserved for Sunday and Monday so hopefully the parks are open for one of them.

Going to bed, I'll see you guys tomorrow! I'm probably going to go park at Epcot, go in around 9, then bus over to HS around 10. Hope they'll let me in with my reservation, check it out and have some fun.

This kinda sucks. Disney says nothing about the ‘rules’ until now?
it's absolutely ridiculous, especially with parking lot CM being scheduled the entire night.
I am dressed and ready to go, at least I saw the twitter feed and can wait in my home before heading out.
They have completely botched this opening, IMHO, come out and say what you want done and people will listen, but this wait and see game benefits no one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter