Standard Room locations at Pop Century??

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
It's just mom and I for a birthday/F&W trip in October so we booked a standard (cheap!) room at Pop Century. Where are the standards located? We will be heavily utilizing the food court and would also like to be reasonably close to the AoA food court as well. Is there any particular location we should request?

I have not been to Pop Century since 2009 so I don't remember what was standard vs. preferred...heck, I'm not even sure we didn't get upgraded.

A lot of POP's standard rooms overlook the lake and AOA. We prefer the 50's lakeside location, it is close to the main food court at POP and the buses. The 60's standard rooms would probably be the closest to the bridge connecting the two resorts but I don't think they have many standard rooms in the 60's. Maybe someone else can give you more info.

I will be requesting a standard room, lake view, top floor in 50's building. It was perfect when we were there, not a long walk to the food court and loved the view.!!

Judging by this map, it looks like the 60's building will be my best bet to have the best access to both AoA and the amenities at Pop. I know we'd like an upper floor since the pitter patter of elephants stomping above us is never something we enjoy on vacation.

Sounds like we have the same preferences. My normal room request is standard room, upper floor, building 4 or 5. Puts you close to everything. Plus you can easily use the AoA busses if the Pop route is slow.

well all the 60's were preferred when Pop first opened.
so I took the 50's and loved it.

the 50's have more of a chance of getting a lake view - now some lake views also have views of Epcot fireworks.

but can understand the 60's - just ask for a room on the back side - near the 50's - otherwise the pool noise will make you wonder why you requested 60;s Not only the kids screaming but the music can be loud.

I'm heading there in October as well. Good advice on the 50's building and lake view! I'll be sure to try to request that!

Bldg 4, in 60's, facing the lake, upper floor....one of my favorite rooms at any value resort. It took about 4 mins to get to the food court. The bridge to AoA wasn't open then, but it should be a quick walk over there. Just love this section...so quiet and peaceful

A lot of POP's standard rooms overlook the lake and AOA. We prefer the 50's lakeside location, it is close to the main food court at POP and the buses. The 60's standard rooms would probably be the closest to the bridge connecting the two resorts but I don't think they have many standard rooms in the 60's. Maybe someone else can give you more info.
There are plenty of standard rooms in 60's facing the lake, as you can see from the map someone posted. ;)

Bldg 4, in 60's, facing the lake, upper floor....one of my favorite rooms at any value resort. It took about 4 mins to get to the food court. The bridge to AoA wasn't open then, but it should be a quick walk over there. Just love this section...so quiet and peaceful
I agree with you on this! 60's lakeview is my fave too! :goodvibes Such a gorgeous view, very close to the main building, and right by the bridge connecting to AoA! Its a very short across the bridge. I love having the option of eating at AoA food court, they have some great choices!

Anyone think the 60s standard rooms will become preferred once the gondola opens? A quick walk to transportation will be desirable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter