Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

So, was hoping to get some advice via stalking/waitlist/give up. I'm still new to DVC and actually haven't had a chance to stay on my own points before! Normally I plan trips far in advance, however, I just found out I'm invited to my friends' wedding two days before my trip was originally planned (in Orlando), so now I'm rearranging things. This is the last week of February, including Mardi Gras.

Previous plan - arrive Thursday, stay Thurs/Fri in AKV Jambo Value Studio, grabbed at the 11 month mark. Leave Saturday morning on cruise.
New plan - arrive Saturday/Sunday, whole week in Orlando, including wedding on Tuesday. Still do cruise leaving Saturday morning.

Trying to decide what to do about the hotel though. The ideal would be if I could modify my existing reservation up by a few days, but I know that is very doubtful considering how in-demand those rooms types are. Should I even attempt a waitlist on the rooms? And if so, should I do it day-by-day backwards from Wednesday night. I'm ok doing a split stay, but would prefer just 1 move, not multiple.

Added complication - the new weekend I would arrive is Princess Half-Marathon. So no DVC studio availability for Saturday anywhere. I could piece together nights for Sunday - Thursday, but it would involve 4 different rooms between 2 different resorts and just be a PITA!

Anyways, that's a lot of word vomit, so if you have any tips or thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

I would definitely waitlist one day at a time going backward as you said. At least it will then extend what you already have and cut down on moves. I agree though that room type will be tough. Have you checked 1 bedrooms anywhere for the time frame? Could that Help you piece together more of those nights so not so much moving? I think when you see a few nights together I would book them and then keep checking for movement in what is available.

So, was hoping to get some advice via stalking/waitlist/give up. I'm still new to DVC and actually haven't had a chance to stay on my own points before! Normally I plan trips far in advance, however, I just found out I'm invited to my friends' wedding two days before my trip was originally planned (in Orlando), so now I'm rearranging things. This is the last week of February, including Mardi Gras.

Previous plan - arrive Thursday, stay Thurs/Fri in AKV Jambo Value Studio, grabbed at the 11 month mark. Leave Saturday morning on cruise.
New plan - arrive Saturday/Sunday, whole week in Orlando, including wedding on Tuesday. Still do cruise leaving Saturday morning.

Trying to decide what to do about the hotel though. The ideal would be if I could modify my existing reservation up by a few days, but I know that is very doubtful considering how in-demand those rooms types are. Should I even attempt a waitlist on the rooms? And if so, should I do it day-by-day backwards from Wednesday night. I'm ok doing a split stay, but would prefer just 1 move, not multiple.

Added complication - the new weekend I would arrive is Princess Half-Marathon. So no DVC studio availability for Saturday anywhere. I could piece together nights for Sunday - Thursday, but it would involve 4 different rooms between 2 different resorts and just be a PITA!

Anyways, that's a lot of word vomit, so if you have any tips or thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Where are the rooms that you are able to piece together Sun-Thur?

First thing I'd work on is at least getting things down to 1 move and the larger the room category the more likely that is to happen. SSR standard and preferred are where I'd concentrate on with waitlists and you can check periodically to see if you find any cancellations for all the nights elsewhere.

Waitlist worked for me again.

I had signed on to see what other rooms might have become available and all appearances led me to think someone had cancelled several nights of the villa I was looking for but the night I waitlisted was not available. Got online with Chat who said there "did seem to be something up with the waitlist" and that I should call. Yes, it had matched and just needed to be finalized.

Waitlist worked for me again.

I had signed on to see what other rooms might have become available and all appearances led me to think someone had cancelled several nights of the villa I was looking for but the night I waitlisted was not available. Got online with Chat who said there "did seem to be something up with the waitlist" and that I should call. Yes, it had matched and just needed to be finalized.

Congratulations!!! What a relief!
For me, the struggle is still real but haven’t given up.....9 days to go lol

Beat the waitlist and got our days in an AKV 2-bd value for next July! Officially done stalking. We'd have to go to a 1-bd room (more points) anywhere else so I'm going to stay and enjoy my unicorn!

Fabulous! It is wonderful when your trip is exactly how you want it to be. Enjoy!

I know the availability is because of Dorian but hoping someone puts back following week for September 13.

Attachments

• 69C0C6F1-9264-4356-B850-74FA4CE7E238.png
    69C0C6F1-9264-4356-B850-74FA4CE7E238.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 21
Leaving tomorrow, moved from leaving today. Still unhealthy stalking September 13 GFV dedicated standard two bedroom (have a lock off the last night) still have some hope it may come through. September 12 available hopefully it will be available, Ill see it or my WL picks it up and I wont have to move. Still needing the luck!

Leaving tomorrow, moved from leaving today. Still unhealthy stalking September 13 GFV dedicated standard two bedroom (have a lock off the last night) still have some hope it may come through. September 12 available hopefully it will be available, Ill see it or my WL picks it up and I wont have to move. Still needing the luck!

In a couple of days time call MS about availability And check with the front desk the day before or even morning of the move to see if they can help out.

Currently trying to get Oct 26/27 at BWV. I have the 28th to 1st. I’ve changed my reservation at least 10 times from Jambo value studio, to ssr standard 1bed (family decided to invite themselves with me for the week), then ssr preferred one bedroom, then akv kidani 1 bed standard for 4 nights and bay lake lake view 1bed for 2 nights, and now I’m at 2 nights at kidani and 4 at BWV. If my waitlist comes through I would consider it a small miracle. I’m sure I’m one of a million people trying to get an Epcot resort on a weekend during F&W

Wishing you lots of luck! And I hope either way, you have an amazing trip! We’ll be at WDW in 85 days...not that I’m counting 😉

Waitlist win!

Got my theme park view BLT studio for Jan 1st. Woohoo!

Now I'm stalking the week of September 14th like a crazy person for a few rooms. Rescheduled due to family illness and hurricane and we have a very pieced together vacation for the week of Sept 14th.

Sending good luck vibes to everyone!

I was stalking for a studio for Nov 1 and was able to get a one bedroom a few weeks ago. Then I got stressed at work and decided to extend the vacation for an additional night so I now have the 1st and 2nd waitlisted for a studio since it uses one more point than the one bedroom. Doubtful the waitlist will come through so I have a cash reservation for the night of the 2nd as a back up. I have had great success getting that cash reservation reduced from 495 to a whopping 211 (OKW to POP with about 4 changes in between). I am cool with the cash stay but will be crazy happy if that waitlist comes through.

I was stalking for a studio for Nov 1 and was able to get a one bedroom a few weeks ago. Then I got stressed at work and decided to extend the vacation for an additional night so I now have the 1st and 2nd waitlisted for a studio since it uses one more point than the one bedroom. Doubtful the waitlist will come through so I have a cash reservation for the night of the 2nd as a back up. I have had great success getting that cash reservation reduced from 495 to a whopping 211 (OKW to POP with about 4 changes in between). I am cool with the cash stay but will be crazy happy if that waitlist comes through.

I've been watching the same nights! There's a lot more activity than I expected. I've seen BWV and CC open up for one night, but never both at the same time. Where are you hoping to stay? (Poly for me)

I will take what I can get but I waitlisted SSR and OKW. If it doesn’t open or the waitlist come through I am okay with it especially since I am now happy with the price of my cash room.

I will take what I can get but I waitlisted SSR and OKW. If it doesn’t open or the waitlist come through I am okay with it especially since I am now happy with the price of my cash room.

I need a room that sleeps 5, but I'll keep an eye out for those 2 while I'm checking obsessively :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!