Stacy's Journal: The Year of the Weddings

:worship: Great job resisting the tootsie rolls despite missing your snack. That walk definately counts as exercise.::yes:: Curves is a good program. I started there before switching to the Y. I lost some weight and made friends. It is a great combo.
Have a good night,
Beth

Today is a good day!!
I posted on the community board, but I will post here as well:
I have been published! :) it's my first paying freelance article:
http://www.collegebound.net/collegeboundmag/issues/sept04/roommates.html

Last night I had my stir-fry again- delicious! :D I also made monster cookies for my dad- my mom just got a new job and is living here (Des Moines) in an apartment until my dad (two hours away) can get things with the house together and whatnot... they might not even decide to sell the house. They don't know what they're going to do. My bet is that they will end up with a condo or something here. ANYWAY, my point is, my dad is from a generation of men who let their wives do the cooking for them. About all he is good for is grilling, frozen pizza and McDonald's. She is headed home for the weekend, so I made him some goodies. According to her, the house is devoid of groceries and the cats are barely getting fed (they're fat anyway ;)
So, I made cookies. I also made SB-friendly cookies and had one of those- a cup of peanut butter, a cup of splenda and an egg. I really like them!

Anyway... I had one of those for breakfast and some cheese on my way out the door.
Because tomorrow is the big Iowa/Iowa State game, my office is having Famous Dave's catered. Hopefully it will be something that isn't drenched in BBQ sauce!
I did have some Dots when I got here this morning- 5 or 6 probably. Just when I thought the candy was no longer a tempation, she refilled it! It's the Dots that get me! Grr!! I resisted all day yesterday, though. And I will resist for the rest of the day!

We are going to see DBF's little brother (10th grade) play football tonight, so that will be fun. We got in a big fight before I left for work this morning, and that was NOT fun. I work 8-5 M-F, but this is his last semester of college, so he doesn't have a "Real" job yet. He works full time- 32 hours- at Barnes and Noble and is in the running for a management position (I hope he finds out today!), btu he still works those odd retail hours- somedays it's 7-4:30, some days it's 2-10:30... you never know. And I am at the age where all of my friends are getting married (hence the title of my journal). I have two weddings to go home to in October and one weekend I am going home for Oktoberfest- it's also Homecoming and it's a lot of fun. Everyone gathers at the beer tent and catches up and it's just a blast. Well, DBF never gets to come with me because he always works all day on Saturdays. I am tired of hearing about my "mystery" boyfriend and "Oh, did you and Paul break up? We never see him anymore." However, he is getting the Saturdays for the weddings and Oktoberfest off.

This morning, I asked him if he is working on Sept. 18th. A friend of my family's is turning 40 and there is a surprise birthday party for him on the 18th- and DBF freaked out. He needs to get a certain number of hours in at work just like I do, and he can't just get every weekend off! I understand that, I really do. We both used to be managers at Target (that's how we met) and I fully understand how frustrating the retail world can be (cleaning up after lazy shoppers until 3 a.m. during the Christmas season and then trying to make it to an 8 a.m. class was really NOT fun).
And I hardly ever ask him to take weekends off, but it seems like all of these things are falling into the same 6 weeks or so and so he thinks I am asking him to take time off all of the time.

Grr. Sometimes I just want to fast-forward my life by a couple of years- when we're BOTH making decent money, have normal jobs and a real house... I feel older than I am.

Sorry for the long rant. Despite the big fight with DBF this morning, my day has been great- we made up before I left for work (although I was still grumpy for awhile), my article got published and my paycheck for Wednesday is about $300 more than I was expecting!! :D

This was a really long journal entry, but you know... sometimes you just have to type it out. :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Happy Saturday, everyone! Too bad I'm at work =P
Michelle: Action Jackson is a little cutie-pie! Especially when he's sleeping. I have a feeling he is going to be very angry at me for leaving him home alone today... he seems to know Saturday is time to hang out with us and he gets rebellious when we aren't home like we're supposed to be. The same thing happens at night- if we leave after we've gotten home from work, he gets mad. He is fine all day from 8-5 by himself, but leave him alone for 45 minutes after that and you are sure to find something shredded or mangled.

Anyway! I can't even think what I had to eat yesterday. I had some beef brisket from Famous Dave's, and I must admit I had a little bit of BBQ chicken and baked beans, although I could totally taste the sugar in them :rolleyes: But, no bun and none of the delicious-looking corn muffins. :)
I think I had some cheese when I got home- how bad is it to eat the non-reduced-fat cheese? I love pepperjack but can't seem to find it in low-fat. Didn't really have dinner, I don't think. DBF and I were supposed to go to a football game, but we drove halfway there and ended up turning around and coming home... we were just too behind schedule and we wouldn't have gotten there until about 9. We would have watched 30 minutes of the game and then driven three hours back home =P

So when we got home, I think I had some more cheese (love the cheese) and a couple of peanut butter (SB-Friendly) cookies. Is that all I had? Must have been. Hmm.

This morning I had the fake french toast/pancakes (yummy) for breakfast and a PB cookie, I had cheese for a snack, and I had two mint patties here at work (no lunch yet... probably not until 3 or so when I get home from work).

I know I am overdoing the sweets- definitely not staying below 75 calories a day! TOM is in a few days and I think that's fueling my sweet tooth.

I was going to weigh in this morning, but the scale was blinking numbers at me and wouldn't work properly. By the time I figured it out, I had already had breakfast, and I always weigh first thing in the morning before I eat... so maybe tomorrow. I did do the tape measure around my waist, so I will check against that next week and see how it goes. I did try some shorts on this morning that I haven't worn all summer- and some fit that definitely have been tight in the past!

That's all I really have to say. Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Hi Stacy,

Congratuations on being published! That is awesome, and it was a really cute article.

TOM is probably influencing your needs for sweets. Just so you know, a lot of people end up stalling if they eat too many sugar alcohols, If you notice a stall, try cutting back on the sweets.

Keep up the great work,
Beth

Oh, WISHers, I have been a very bad girl. I've been sick since the end of last week. Since I've felt so crappy, I haven't really wanted to make anything, and I developed the mentality "I'm sick, so it's okay if I eat xxx"
So I have had the Tootsie Rolls at work ("I feel like dying and I came to work anyway; I deserve a few Tootsie Rolls"), I've had some pumpkin bread at home ("I'm hungry and I don't have the energy to pull together a salad or cook chicken breasts. I'll just have some pumpkin bread").... I have been BAD! I even had cold cereal for breakfast on Sunday!

But I am feeling better today. I still am stuffed up and can't breathe or speak properly (I should say, I ab still stubbed up and can' speeg proberly), but at least the killer sinus headaches have dissipated. But now that I am feeling better, no excuses! It is back on the diet for me. The sad thing is, yesterday would have been two weeks. But I have been so bad, I think I need at least another week or two on phase one. In fact, I think any weight I have lost at all is probably back. It's hard to tell because TOM is today. Ugh. I can't check my weight anyway because my scale is broken. I wonder if replacing the battery will help. What a novel idea. Still have not joined curves; I will make that a mission for the week. I did check my waist in inches yesterday and it is the same, so at least I haven't gained any inches.

Jackson starts obedience school today! God knows he needs it. Last night I was in my closet picking out what to wear today and he followed me in. I finished and he refused to come out. If I left him alone in there, he undoubtedly would have started gnawing on my shoes (he destroyed a pair of kitten-heel flip flops on Sunday), so I pulled him out and shut the closet door. What does he do? He looks up at me, lifts his leg, and piddles on the carpet. Just a little bit, but he is potty-trained and KNOWS not to go on the carpet! And it was just a little, so it's not like he had been holding it and just couldn't any more. It was a definite "I'm mad you pulled me out of the closet so I am going to pee" pee. Oh, I was so mad!! Hopefully obedience classes will help him learn who the alpha male... er... female... is!!

:hug: Stacy,

Boy, did you get hit with a double whammy. A cold and TOM at the same time is not fair. I am sending :wizard: for you to feel better. Sorry to hear about the shoes. Your Jackson sounds like he is a handful. Good Luck with obedience school.

Feel better soon,
Beth

Okay, WISHers. It's time to get busy. I have until October 10- that's three weekends from now- to drop about five pounds before I have to try on some bridesmaids dresses. I don't know that the south beach is working for me :( I think I am going to try a combo of calorie-counting and low-carb. I really want my bowl of cold cereal in the morning! And it's not like I eat lucky charms or anything like that... although, with Halloween coming up, I will have to buy a box of Frankenberries at some point.

So every time I go to put a tootsie roll in my mouth, I will think- bridesmaids dresses in three weeks!
Every time I reach for a snack when I'm not really hungry- bridesmaids dresses in three weeks!
Every time I get the urge to make pumpkin bread or cookies- bridesmaids dresses in three weeks!!!

Three weeks is such a short-term goal that I think I can do it. Unfortunately, my scale is still broken (I actually have yet to really look at it) so I have no idea what I weigh. Since's it's TOM anyway, I wouldn't weigh myself at all this week. I would just get upset. Drinking lots of water, though! At the moment I am drinking a diet coke, but whatever. :) I've already had a quart of water for the day. I'll switch back to that after my coke. Veggies for lunch.
I am DETERMINED to stick to this for three weeks. I am not cutting anything out, but I am going to cut back and pay attention to what I am doing. I will watch my whites- not too much sugar or bread or flour.
I feel so stupid now for thinking 130 was such a terrible weight to be at. GRRR!! When I get back down there, I won't take it for granted again.

Stacy! I can't believe Jackson has such attitude! LOL I do hope that obedience school works out for him, it sounds like he is one of those little gems that will be teaching the other dogs bad tricks instead of learning to be good....he's still a cutie pie though! LOL

I hope you are feeling better, I love your new motto and I hope it works well for you, bridesmaid dresses in 3 weeks! ;)

Hi Michelle!
I can't believe I forgot to post about the progress at obedience school! Although ALL of the dogs there were squirmy or not paying attention, he was the only dog who felt the need to continually bark. It was so embarrassing. Finally, the instructor just came over and shot a little Binaca in his mouth, and man did that shut him up!! It's a fabulous trick. And he's really been picking up the things we have been working on. I talked to one of my coworkers who took her dog to the same obedience school and she said it made all the difference in the world! I hope I can say the same for Jackson. It's going well so far.
He also KNOWS he has been in trouble lately. He's been very cuddly. Normally, if I am sitting on the couth, he likes to sit right against me, but NOT on my lap.
The past couple of days, he has been a total lap dog.

You're right though- his attitude is crazy! It's funny and completely exasperating all at the same time.

Gosh, my dog and Jackson are so much alike! She is such a snuggle bunny when she knows she's been bad, they really are just like kids.

Binaca made him stop barking, huh? I might just have to stop by the store today.... her breath could use a little freshening and if it makes her bark less too, can't beat that!
:teeth:

I guess it's been awhile since I last posted! I've been so busy at work and with obedience school and studying for my GREs that I haven't really been getting online very much.
I don't really have anything productive to say about the diet. I haven't gained, but I don't think I've lost, either.
I don't know.
I get so tired of numbers and watching what I eat. It's not like I have a problem with binging or anything, and I eat pretty healthy. I don't eat fast food ever, I cook my own dinners and don't make things like french fries or anything. Tonight I had creamed tuna (it's just tuna, milk and a bit of flour) on toast. 2 slices for 80 calories.

I have been up since 4:30; I am probably just tired and cranky and feeling sorry for myself. I'm sure I'll have a better outlook tomorrow. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter