St Thomas cancelled today

According to Marine Traffic, the Fantasy is heading to Castaway Caywith an ETA of 1 January. I don't know if that was the original plan or not.

It’s just rough seas. Way too much motion for my liking. Nothing DCL can do about that. I think my daughter was equating the motion with speed.

We are scheduled for Castaway on 1/1.

My daughter commented that we were going awfully fast. We are getting quite a bit of motion.

They have to book it. On the cruise a few weeks ago, even when they booked it after spending the day at St. Thomas, and with a sea day in between, we arrived at Castaway Cay late due to the currents. My guess is that they don’t want to do that for the current guests after missing St.Thomas.

Hopefully they’ll get to dock at Castaway Cay. Today MSC Seashore was denied entry to Ocean Cay, their private island in the Bahamas, because of COVID cases onboard.
Yeah i was reading a couple reports of ships maybe being denied entry to their private island.
I think Royal's Freedom ship also but I didn't follow up. This was on cruise critic. Bahamian
government understandably wants to keep tight reign.

That would be something if you can't even get off on the private island. I would cancel for sure.
I can sit home for cheaper. I'm glad we got the chance to do our Oct cruise....but I was sooo
eyeing the double dips in early 2023. I'm definitely keeping a close eye out for the latest news.
Everyone stay safe!!

Last edited:
That stinks. We like stopping at St Thomas because it is part of the US and not considered roaming for our cell phones. So we would always call home(hubby does not cruise) and it did not cost extra. Kids loved being able to access their social media too.

I’m supposed to cruise out of New Orleans in February I wonder if I should change it to a later date
I'd wait a bit if you could. This variant burned through Africa relatively quickly (21 days from initial ramp up to peak). If we follow that exactly, cases should peak end of this week.

Just get familiar with the cancellation policies to make sure nothing passes.

I’m supposed to cruise out of New Orleans in February I wonder if I should change it to a later date
I'm supposed to sail out in six more days. It's still too early for me to make that decision. I’m soooo stressed.

This variant burned through Africa relatively quickly (21 days from initial ramp up to peak). If we follow that exactly, cases should peak end of this week.
The U.S. has a much, much higher vaccination rate than Africa, so it will probably burn more slowly here. I agree that it's a quick burning variant in general, though. It will likely be well past its peak by late winter/early spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!