SSR Renovations

I got back about a week ago from my trip to SSR. I honestly don't think there are any non-refurbished rooms left that aren't actively being refurbished and out of service. Honestly, I think no matter where you are put, right now, you'll get a refurbished room...with MAYBE a handful of rare exceptions. When I was there, Grandstand area didn't even have anybody staying in it as it was completely closed. They should be wrapping up completely any day now.

I got back about a week ago from my trip to SSR. I honestly don't think there are any non-refurbished rooms left that aren't actively being refurbished and out of service. Honestly, I think no matter where you are put, right now, you'll get a refurbished room...with MAYBE a handful of rare exceptions. When I was there, Grandstand area didn't even have anybody staying in it as it was completely closed. They should be wrapping up completely any day now.
This is what we expected at this point, good to hear. Time to start keeping an eye on the Disneyworld.com Pages and the DVCexporer room descriptions to see when they officially update to the new room photos and descriptions.

Do the one bedrooms at SSR sleep 5 now after the refurb?
Yes, but the official recognition of that won't happen until the rehab is complete (currently said to be sometime this summer).

If you make a room request by email, then you should just skip the request section during online checkin because yes, it does negate your emailed request.

Why does it negate your email preferences if you put in the same preferences again online? I would think it would further emphasize them.

Why does it negate your email preferences if you put in the same preferences again online? I would think it would further emphasize them.
Well if it’s exactly the same, it doesn’t matter, does it? :p But many times the online choices don’t match, and not everyone realizes that.

For instance, I asked member services via chat to put in a specific room number as a request for BWV. That's obviously not an option when doing online check-in. Had I chosen Near Lobby or Near Elevator when doing online check in it would make the room number request go away.

Just realized you’re asking why did Disney program the system to do that. The answer is, we don’t know! :guilty: I agree, it would make sense, as long as the requests were the same.

Yep. I LOVE SSR. But I have to admit, it was due for a refurb. The upgraded furniture and fixtures are elegant. I like them. It's just missing something that gives it ... warmth? heart? Some color in pillows, paintings/sculpture, or a rug or some custom lamps similar to the horse lamps in the old rooms would do wonders to finish the rooms and give them some Disney magic.
Also, where is the jacuzzi tub?
I was wondering about that too..

At the rate work is progressing, do we think Grandstand will be done by early July?

I am sitting on the balcony of a Grandstand studio RIGHT NOW and it's completely renovated. There are no construction vehicles/workers around buildings 15 and 16; haven't been out to 17 or 18, but I am sure you'll be fine by July. We are in room 8612 and I love the location; very near the pool, 5 min walk to the Carriage House. From our balcony we have a view of the golf course to the left and a bit of a pond, and directly out/to the right is all trees- but we really are directly across from the Carriage House, but you can't see it at all! Not a bad location in a huge resort!

I am sitting on the balcony of a Grandstand studio RIGHT NOW and it's completely renovated. There are no construction vehicles/workers around buildings 15 and 16; haven't been out to 17 or 18, but I am sure you'll be fine by July. We are in room 8612 and I love the location; very near the pool, 5 min walk to the Carriage House. From our balcony we have a view of the golf course to the left and a bit of a pond, and directly out/to the right is all trees- but we really are directly across from the Carriage House, but you can't see it at all! Not a bad location in a huge resort!
That's great news - thanks for sharing! I've long loved Grandstand's location and pool: I think I've stayed in every building there over the years and was happy in every one. Have a wonderful stay!

Oh great to know, we requested the Grandstand area for our August trip. Do you know if the water play area and the quick service at the Grandstand pool is open?

I just booked a Preferred 1 BR through Disney for my family's upcoming stay July 6-11. Would it be safe to switch to a 1 BR standard? I only did preferred to get a refurbished room. I LOVE the new decor! I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't need to. Last time we stayed in the Grandstand and loved it because it was the first bus stop. That seemed to make a difference on Magic Kingdom mornings.

I just booked a Preferred 1 BR through Disney for my family's upcoming stay July 6-11. Would it be safe to switch to a 1 BR standard? I only did preferred to get a refurbished room. I LOVE the new decor! I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't need to. Last time we stayed in the Grandstand and loved it because it was the first bus stop. That seemed to make a difference on Magic Kingdom mornings.
There’s no guarantees but it is hard to imagine that there are still buildings that haven’t at least been started by July. I wouldn’t call it “safe”, because who knows what could change or happen, but if I were in your shoes I’d take the small risk and make the switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter