SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Just called dvc and we have a standard booked through rci. We were hoping to try Congress park but that is preferred, so I’m wondering if I should request Paddock, closest to CP? Are there any DS views from that closest building in Paddock? Is it still an easy walk to the DS walkway?

We stayed in Paddock three years ago and enjoyed the location. My kids ended up liking that pool better because it was a little quieter and less crowded. There aren't any DS views, but it is still easily walk-able, especially when you use the bridge. Don't let the non-preferred location get you down, we liked Paddock enough to request it again for next month.

Have a great time!

Thank you! I’m debating whether to ask for Paddock close to CP or Paddock close to pool so we will have the pool and the QS food area close by. :scratchin

Unrelated question.... is pizza delivery available at SSR?

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m debating whether to ask for Paddock close to CP or Paddock close to pool so we will have the pool and the QS food area close by. :scratchin

Unrelated question.... is pizza delivery available at SSR?

Access to food wasn't a high priority to us, but our kids loved having the pool so close by. They were nine and six at the time and will be twelve and nine this time around. I'm guessing you really can't go wrong either way; it's such a peaceful resort.

upload_2018-5-9_11-17-11.png

We checked in yesterday for our first stay at SSR. got exactly the requests we made...close to pool and ground floor. They gave us a room in the paddock right near the pool. It's perfect. The view is stellar. We even walked to he boat launch and it was super easy. Very much enjoying our stay so far.

Where did you make your request that you were able to get it? We have a preferred view studio booked (all that was available), but I actually prefer Paddock in building next to pool (which is standard). Should I request through DVC or fax the resort?

This will be our first visit to SSR, and I'm trying to make plans for our arrival and departure days. I have a few questions.

1) We've never been to Disney Springs. About how much time does it take to explore? My daughter doesn't love shopping, so her patience might wear out sooner than most. I am mostly interested in World of Disney, and she's mostly interested in the Ghirardelli store. We would probably grab quick service at Wolfgang Puck's.

2) Any idea what the typical pool hours are at SSR in early December?

3) How likely is it to receive a late checkout on departure day and what time is late checkout?

4) Is there a pool locker room with showers at High Rock Springs or the Paddock pool? If so, do the showers have the wall shampoo and conditioner units or do you provide your own?

I think we will arrive at the resort between 1 and 2 pm on arrival day, and our plane departs at 7:15 pm on departure day. We've never used ME before, so I don't know what time we will have to be on ME to catch a 7:15 pm plane. My thoughts are possibly visit Epcot on arrival day so we can see Illuminations or Candlelight Processional (or both?) and hang out at the pool or Disney Springs on departure day. Or just do the resort/Springs thing both arrival and departure days and only have three park days, most likely skipping Epcot. Is Epcot especially wonderful in December?

Almost forgot, another option would be resort/Springs on arrival day and only a few hours at Epcot on departure day. We would miss out on the nighttime events, though, so maybe not as ideal of a plan?

Thank you for any answers or advice you might be able to share.

Not sure which of your questions have been answered, but I can confirm that there are showers inside the spa that are available for use near High Rock Springs pool (none near Paddock, but there is laundry there). There was dispensers inside the shower units. Bell services will hold your luggage after check out until your flight. Magical Express will pick you up 4 hrs before your flight time. I don't believe there is an official "late check out time", but we have spoken to housekeeping in the past and requested our room be done last (tip included), which has bought some extra time.

Where did you make your request that you were able to get it? We have a preferred view studio booked (all that was available), but I actually prefer Paddock in building next to pool (which is standard). Should I request through DVC or fax the resort?

I made the requests online when I did our online check in. The CM at check in specifically mentioned those requests and said they had been fulfilled. We are in the Paddock right next to the pool.

Not sure which of your questions have been answered, but I can confirm that there are showers inside the spa that are available for use near High Rock Springs pool (none near Paddock, but there is laundry there). There was dispensers inside the shower units. Bell services will hold your luggage after check out until your flight. Magical Express will pick you up 4 hrs before your flight time. I don't believe there is an official "late check out time", but we have spoken to housekeeping in the past and requested our room be done last (tip included), which has bought some extra time.

Thank you very much. This info helps a great deal.

If we rented points, are paid in full, and have a credit card on file (even though we didn’t charge anything to the room), am I correct in thinking that we do not have to go to the front desk to check out?

And totally unrelated to my question...this was our first stay at SSR and I’m pretty sure we have fallen in love with it! :-)

If we rented points, are paid in full, and have a credit card on file (even though we didn’t charge anything to the room), am I correct in thinking that we do not have to go to the front desk to check out?

And totally unrelated to my question...this was our first stay at SSR and I’m pretty sure we have fallen in love with it! :-)

You are correct. No need to check out at front desk. Glad you loved the resort. It's really peaceful!

Is there an Internal SSR bus that just loops around? If I were to walk back from Disney Springs to the CP section, could I hop on a bus to go back to Grandstand?

Is there an Internal SSR bus that just loops around? If I were to walk back from Disney Springs to the CP section, could I hop on a bus to go back to Grandstand?
A Disney springs bus will say “internal” until it makes its second and final stop at carriage house. You could ride it to there but not on to grandstand. Depending which part you’re in, your grandstand building may be very close to there.
You can also take the boat from DS and come up right behind the main building. That is also a very short walk to grandstand and would shorten the first part of your journeys possibly depending where you start.

Hi everyone. I'm staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time over July 4th. I'm trying to get my plan scheduled, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what time the pools close? I have a studio in a preferred room section, and I'm hoping to get into Congress Park since it is a short walk to Disney Springs. Thank you for any info.

How is the internet at SSR?
My husband has to work from the room for our 1st 2 days there.
He will need good internet.

I have another question- besides the strength of the internet.
With the daily security checks- how big are the in-room safes?
Will they hold a good-size laptop?

A bit concerned. I'll be there in 5 weeks.

Hi everyone. I'm staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time over July 4th. I'm trying to get my plan scheduled, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what time the pools close? I have a studio in a preferred room section, and I'm hoping to get into Congress Park since it is a short walk to Disney Springs. Thank you for any info.

We were there the last two weeks of August last year and I'm pretty sure the pools all closed at 10 everyday. I remember asking this same whestion before my trip and was told it's difficult to know for sure as the pool hours can change seasonally, but I would definitely think mid-summer they would stay open until at least 10. We were in Grandstand and were able to stay in that pool later a couple of times. I asked the CM if we would need to leave since it was 10 and they said we were fine since we weren't being loud. I wouldn't guarantee them always allowing it, but we had good luck with it.

How is the internet at SSR?
My husband has to work from the room for our 1st 2 days there.
He will need good internet.

I used the internet a fair bit when we were there and didn't have any issues, but it was primarily for things like MDE and YouTube. There were a couple times were a video would freeze for a second or two, but no real issues. If he's needing it for something like a Skype meeting with a fancy client, I wouldn't trust it not to freeze up at some point, but overall, I would say my experience with it was better than the internet at the parks.

I have another question- besides the strength of the internet.
With the daily security checks- how big are the in-room safes?
Will they hold a good-size laptop?

A bit concerned. I'll be there in 5 weeks.

I can't recall exact dimensions or anything. They aren't particularly large. This isn't the greatest picture, but hopefully it helps.
IMG_20180604_014615.jpg

We were there the last two weeks of August last year and I'm pretty sure the pools all closed at 10 everyday. I remember asking this same whestion before my trip and was told it's difficult to know for sure as the pool hours can change seasonally, but I would definitely think mid-summer they would stay open until at least 10. We were in Grandstand and were able to stay in that pool later a couple of times. I asked the CM if we would need to leave since it was 10 and they said we were fine since we weren't being loud. I wouldn't guarantee them always allowing it, but we had good luck with it.

I used the internet a fair bit when we were there and didn't have any issues, but it was primarily for things like MDE and YouTube. There were a couple times were a video would freeze for a second or two, but no real issues. If he's needing it for something like a Skype meeting with a fancy client, I wouldn't trust it not to freeze up at some point, but overall, I would say my experience with it was better than the internet at the parks.

I can't recall exact dimensions or anything. They aren't particularly large. This isn't the greatest picture, but hopefully it helps.
View attachment 327128

THANKS!!

I'll be checking into SSR in 34 days!
Can't wait!!

Is it possible to walk to PORFQ?
I'd like to get some beignets for breakfast on our day-stay at the resort.
I'm not sure if the boats will be running early in the morning.

I'll be checking into SSR in 34 days!
Can't wait!!

Is it possible to walk to PORFQ?
I'd like to get some beignets for breakfast on our day-stay at the resort.
I'm not sure if the boats will be running early in the morning.

I don't believe there's any walking path to FQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter