SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

My best friend and I just booked our stay at SSR for May 28th through June 3rd! Will be my first time at SSR. This forum has already helped me so much! How are the options at Artist's Palette? My one complaint on my last stay at Beach Club was lack of options at the quick service at the resort. Thanks!!!!

We will be at SSR at the same time! It will be my first time at the resort. My mom and sister stayed here in December and loved it. We will be taking my baby boy on his first trip who will be 7 months and am looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere and proximity to Disney Springs. Can't wait!

We will be at SSR at the same time! It will be my first time at the resort. My mom and sister stayed here in December and loved it. We will be taking my baby boy on his first trip who will be 7 months and am looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere and proximity to Disney Springs. Can't wait!
B T W --->:welcome: to the disboards...:wave:

Today is the day I can do online check in. I have a standard view studio booked at SSR. When I went to do online check in, the Paddock is not a choice for location. I know I picked the Paddock last fall and got my request. The list I get to choose from says:

Near Transportation
Ground Floor
Near Walkway to Disney Springs
Carriage House
Lower Floor
Congress Park
Near Lobby
Grandstand
Near Pool
Upper Floor

Any idea why Paddock won't come up?

Today is the day I can do online check in. I have a standard view studio booked at SSR. When I went to do online check in, the Paddock is not a choice for location. I know I picked the Paddock last fall and got my request. The list I get to choose from says:

Near Transportation
Ground Floor
Carriage House
Lower Floor
Congress Park
Near Lobby
Grandstand
Near Pool
Upper Floor

Because you only booked a standard?

Paddock is standard. Congress Park which is in the list is preferred. So that is why I'm confused.
That is odd- I suppose the worry is that you select CP and they then dismiss it because you booked standard, otherwise I'd be picking there. Maybe call them up and let us know, as I am interested in what is happening myself as I own here.

That is odd- I suppose the worry is that you select CP and they then dismiss it because you booked standard, otherwise I'd be picking there. Maybe call them up and let us know, as I am interested in what is happening myself as I own here.

I'll give a call tomorrow when I'm home and report back. The only thing I can think of is that I added on a night at the start of my reservation. When I added it, preferred was the only thing available. So I waitlisted a standard view and the waitlist came through. So I wonder if that screwed up my check-in options. Odd that the list is a mix of standard/preferred views though. We love the Paddock, so that is what I want to request and be close to the pool for the kids.

I haven't stayed there yet, but I have visited (ran round it when I was staying at OKW). Not sure when we will stay there- may be some time as we go end of August in a 1 bed and can stay anywhere, so if you can book it, there's always the temptation to go elsewhere because you figure you can stay at your home resort any time.
Sounds like you may be correct re it being messed up.
Just for future reference, we are not bothered about a bit of a walk, good to be near drinks refill and also good to be on/ off the bus early, like it quiet (no road noise) where would you say is best standard place to stay that meets this criteria? Thanks.

I haven't stayed there yet, but I have visited (ran round it when I was staying at OKW). Not sure when we will stay there- may be some time as we go end of August in a 1 bed and can stay anywhere, so if you can book it, there's always the temptation to go elsewhere because you figure you can stay at your home resort any time.
Sounds like you may be correct re it being messed up.
Just for future reference, we are not bothered about a bit of a walk, good to be near drinks refill and also good to be on/ off the bus early, like it quiet (no road noise) where would you say is best standard place to stay that meets this criteria? Thanks.

SSR is my home resort as well and I've stayed there a few times. First few times were in Carousel which I would not recommend, too far away from everything. We like the Paddock near the pool. There is a quick service restaurant at the pool, can refill your mugs and the bus stop is also located right by the pool. It's the middle bus stop both directions. You can easily walk across the bridge over a pond to get to the main building and other large pool area.

Near Transportation
Ground Floor
Carriage House
Lower Floor
Congress Park
Near Lobby
Grandstand
Near Pool
Upper Floor

Update: I called today and there is a glitch that is showing the wrong options for room requests. They are aware and trying to get it fixed. MS was able to add my requests directly.

Hi! I'm going to be staying at SSR for the first time in September and have a question about bus transportation to an early morning character breakfast. How early does the breakfast bus start running? Also does it still stop at all of the internal stops this early?

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to stay here!

Last edited:
Curious about how long the walk would be from Paddock area to DS. Is it better to walk or boat? About how long is the boat ride? Thanks for your help :)

Curious about how long the walk would be from Paddock area to DS. Is it better to walk or boat? About how long is the boat ride? Thanks for your help :)

Check out the map on the first page of this thread. It looks as if it would be a fair hike to the walkway to DS that's at the far end of Congress Park. It is a little shorter to walk to the Carriage House and go behind it, past the golf clubhouse, to the boat landing. The boat ride takes only minutes, as it goes straight across the pond to the landing at DS.

Hi! I'm going to be staying at SSR for the first time in September and have a question about bus transportation to an early morning character breakfast. How early does the breakfast bus start running? Also does it still stop at all of the internal stops this early?

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to stay here!

I can't say exactly when they start running, but they do start early enough to get you where you need to be. When MK opens at 9 and I've had a CP ADR for 8:05, there has always been a bus by 7 AM. And yes, they would stop at all the internal bus stops to get anyone else who is going to an early breakfast ADR.

Check out the map on the first page of this thread. It looks as if it would be a fair hike to the walkway to DS that's at the far end of Congress Park. It is a little shorter to walk to the Carriage House and go behind it, past the golf clubhouse, to the boat landing. The boat ride takes only minutes, as it goes straight across the pond to the landing at DS.

Thanks :) I was looking at map, but i thought i saw posted or a comment, that the boat goes to tree houses then DS? I have no clue, never stayed here before. Just trying to sort it out as we do plan to go to DS a few times during our trip.

You do have to pay attention to the color flag that is on the bow of the boat. I think there's a sign at the boat landing that will tell you what the colors mean in terms of which way that boat is going. Sometimes a boat will be going from SSR to the Treehouses and sometimes to DS. The boat operator will also make it clear which way that particular boat is going.

You do have to pay attention to the color flag that is on the bow of the boat. I think there's a sign at the boat landing that will tell you what the colors mean in terms of which way that boat is going. Sometimes a boat will be going from SSR to the Treehouses and sometimes to DS. The boat operator will also make it clear which way that particular boat is going.
Thx

Hi, We are staying at SSR twice this year. We hadn't planned on it that way but we rented points for our July trip and then moved over for November when CBR construction became an issue for our party. I'd like to have breakfast at Olivia's (OKW) one morning. It appears to be about a mile walk? So my question is, is it a tough walk? Is it flat, a clear path and with signage? I can't imagine a taxi would want to take that low of a fare. We will only need a one way transfer because we plan to proceed to the parks after breakfast. Appreciate your insight.
Thanks In Advance

Hi, We are staying at SSR twice this year. We hadn't planned on it that way but we rented points for our July trip and then moved over for November when CBR construction became an issue for our party. I'd like to have breakfast at Olivia's (OKW) one morning. It appears to be about a mile walk? So my question is, is it a tough walk? Is it flat, a clear path and with signage? I can't imagine a taxi would want to take that low of a fare. We will only need a one way transfer because we plan to proceed to the parks after breakfast. Appreciate your insight.
Thanks In Advance

The roads around WDW aren't built for pedestrians - traffic is heavy and there aren't sidewalks or crosswalks. It would really be quite unsafe to try to walk even that short distance. I think a taxi or Uber would be your best and safest option.

Thanks In Advance

The roads around WDW aren't built for pedestrians - traffic is heavy and there aren't sidewalks or crosswalks. It would really be quite unsafe to try to walk even that short distance. I think a taxi or Uber would be your best and safest option.

Looking at Google Maps, looks like there is a walking path that Google calls the Saratoga Springs Nature Path. So looks completely doable. There is definitely a golf cart path. Never done this, so no first hand knowledge. And, Florida is all relatively flat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter