SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been slowly but surely reading through the thread, and want to say thank you for all of the info and photos. My partner and I are staying for 15 nights from 28th September, and are really excited as it is our first time at SSR. We did visit it last trip to walk through the resort and get a feel for it and decided it is somewhere we would like to try. The grounds seem full of green areas and water, and hopefully a bit of Florida wildlife as that is something we love to see.

We would really prefer to stay at Congress Park as we are on the DDP, and intend to spend quite a few evenings at DS. We are just trying to get our heads around a room request. Out of the 4 buildings in that area it looks like the middle 2 overlook the pool - is that right? We would really prefer not to do that. Could we request just the outer buildings? We would ideally prefer a DS view, and we have learned from this thread that even numbers do not face the parked car area. So do we request something like Congress Park, outer building, even numbered room, DS view? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

I made a request for an upper floor over looking Disney Springs at Congress Park. And that is exactly what I got. It was not the closest building to DS. Next time, I think I will make that might first choice. I spent more time walking there than I did admiring the view.

We always ask for Congress Park with a Downtown (now Springs) view, when staying at SSR.

We don't find the walk to the Carriage House bad at all. In fact, we have been known to get off the bus at the Grandstand, stop and fill mugs at the pool, walk up to the Artist Point and fill up again, and then walk on to Congress Park. We sometimes Beat the Bus if it was crowded. But, for the most part, we just don't care.

I have bad knees and have no problems doing this walk.

We always ask for Congress Park with a Downtown (now Springs) view, when staying at SSR.

We don't find the walk to the Carriage House bad at all. In fact, we have been known to get off the bus at the Grandstand, stop and fill mugs at the pool, walk up to the Artist Point and fill up again, and then walk on to Congress Park. We sometimes Beat the Bus if it was crowded. But, for the most part, we just don't care.

Starting January 2017, that is the "new" higher point booking category, is that correct?

Hi. Im staying at THVs. We will not have a car. How far of a walk is it to the gym and is there a rowing machine?

Thank you.

Thank you. We aren't bothered at all about the distance to Carriage House either. Just the view! :)

Never requested a specific room or building before so I was wondering what the process was for doing this. Do I call DVC member services or somehow get in contact with someone at the front desk at SSR and do I have to do it at a certain time before I arrive,such as a week or month before or have to wait till check in.

If booking a cash reservation with Disney for this resort in 2017, will the standard and preferred options apply?

Never requested a specific room or building before so I was wondering what the process was for doing this. Do I call DVC member services or somehow get in contact with someone at the front desk at SSR and do I have to do it at a certain time before I arrive,such as a week or month before or have to wait till check in.

I have called and requested as soon as I booked the room but if you do the online check in then you can request a building or by elevator and upper or lower level or with a balcony or by transportation. You get 2 choices online... or I did today. I call though because I feel a little better telling them that I need something closer because I am alone or with people who are older and would benefit from being closer esp since we dont travel by car to disney

If we book a studio there in February I think I am just going to try to request a location in buildings 10, 9 or 8. These are in the Paddock section. Would like to be near the Paddock pool, but I dont really want a pool view, if that makes sense.

Wouldn't mind trying for the Springs section but I don't like the thoughts of being the last to be picked up on the bus route. No seats?

It doesn't look like it---there is only one rate.
http://www.mousesavers.com/2017-saratoga-springs-room-rates-season-dates/

I have no idea if that means they are only going to book in one or the other, or if you might get either.

Ya, odd. I guess if I were to add a buildings 6 and 7 in the Springs section as a second request, we could just walk over to the bus stop at the Paddock to try and grab a seat. But that got me to thinking, do a lot of people who stay in the Springs section do just that? Walk over to the Paddock bus stop to catch a ride there?

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. But apparently Disney is discontinuing bus service from SSR to Disney Springs.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...l-bus-service-and-other-transport-changes.htm

They will be adding an Internal Bus Route that connects the treehouse villas and runs every 20 minutes. So the only options to get to Disney Springs now are the Sassagoula River or the walking paths.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I am a little concerned about the bus announcement concerning Disney Springs. Staying as a first time DVC owner for F and W. I have 3 studios booked for my family for a week at SSR, our home resort. DH is disabled and will be in a wheelchair ( manual one) the entire time. Getting a bit nervous now that I will not only be contending with buses to parks plus wheelchair but now pushing it to Disney Springs. Never stayed at SSR before and now getting flack from the " kids" about our ressies. Please tell me we will love SSR. So worried this is going to be too cumbersome for DH. DKids are spoiled Monorail kids from way back! Yes, my fault!!

We are staying for the first time in 3 weeks and so have no idea about the length of time the bus takes to get around the resort. We have stayed at OKW and so have experienced a resort that has a few bus stops around it, but 7 at SSR seems excessive. Can someone please give me an idea of how long the loop around the resort will take so I can prepare my mind for how long we will be on the bus? Thanks!!

Anyone know what the current pool hours are? My trip is the first week of October, just trying to get an idea for planning.
Thanks

We are staying for the first time in 3 weeks and so have no idea about the length of time the bus takes to get around the resort. We have stayed at OKW and so have experienced a resort that has a few bus stops around it, but 7 at SSR seems excessive. Can someone please give me an idea of how long the loop around the resort will take so I can prepare my mind for how long we will be on the bus? Thanks!!

I just read that SSR has a new internal bus system. Do you mean this? If so I would guess around 15 minutes based on the one that goes onto the parks. It depends on time of day and how many people waiting. If there are scooters loading etc. I have never clocked it as taking too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter