SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a VWL owner and am making our first DVC stay and it happens to be at SSR this October. I know so little about the resort. Could anyone spare the time to give me some of the pros and cons. We are staying in a studio during Food and Wine, Columbus Day weekend. We really don't plan on bringing in any food, other than breakfast. I won't ask where people recommend I stay, for some unknown reason that questions frustrates me :) Look at the map and figure it out! LOL Also, how's the dining. I like to try new places. TIA

Never been to VWL, but staying there in October. I love SSR. It is a very relaxing resort. The one con I would give it would be the bus time trips to the park, because of where it is located. However, the pros are the main pool (Springs) with the movie nights. Also, there are several private pool locations (Congress Park, Grandstand, and Paddock). The grounds are beautiful, and there is easy access to tennis courts and golf course. The big pro is the trip to DTD - by boat ride or walk. The view of DTD from Congress Park is pretty cool as well. The Artist Pallet is decent QS, and the Turf Club is really good - probably the best Prime Rib I have had (including non-Disney property).

Ah, another round! I was on page one of the first SSR thread and love that resort just as much now as I did then! :goodvibes We also own at BLT--and I like the idea of owning and two very different style resorts. But yes, we ADORE SSR.

Laundry? Check out the pool buildings, they have washers and dryers. Dont insert any money, as they are free to use, just push in the mechanism without coins inserted.

I like the combination of pool, laundry, bar at Grandstand. Makes one wish for dirty clothes!

Okay - so maybe I should request the Grandstand? Are they by the quiet pools also?

A few inerior pics of our 2 x bed from December 2009....

Master Bedroom

Rooms004.jpg

Maser Bath

Rooms005.jpg

2nd Bedroom

Rooms031.jpg

2nd Bath

Rooms027.jpg

And vanity

Rooms028.jpg

Milly

A few inerior pics of our 2 x bed from December 2009....

Master Bedroom

Rooms004.jpg

Maser Bath

Rooms005.jpg

2nd Bedroom

Rooms031.jpg

2nd Bath

Rooms027.jpg

And vanity

Rooms028.jpg

Milly

Thanks for the pics. We're checking in this Saturday after an overnight stay in Tallahasse. It will be our first time in a 2BR for our family of five and the teenagers are excited about the vanity space lol.

We'll be in the THV's in just about 60 days. :cool1: While we're there we are having a gathering for family and friends, it looks like about 30 people. How big are the charcoal grills? How much charcoal will we need to pick up? Thanks for your help.

This sounds like an incredible good time!

We're coming for our first time to SSR in July. Can anyone suggest a grocery store or Super Target or something to hit along the way from the airport? I think I'd prefer to stop along the way vs. check-in then leave again. Thanks!

We always go to the super walmart on I-4 that is about 10 minutes from SSR. That's why we love SSR's location. We can get off campus really easily and pick up things we need and come right back.:wizard:

Thanks for sharing the pictures! This will be our first time home since we bought in 2004. We have requested the grandstand area. How long (minute wise) is the walk to the Community hall? My kids love the Community Hall at AKV (our other home). Does anyone have a picture of the Community hall or can I find that in the old thread?

What would be the easiest way for us to get to the Marketplace from the Grandstand?

We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one? We just want it for 2 days.

I think that's it for now. I am sure that I will have more questions prior to our trip in October.

Thanks!

. . . . . . How long (minute wise) is the walk to the Community hall?

What would be the easiest way for us to get to the Marketplace from the Grandstand?

We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one?

. . . . . .

The walk from Grandstand is less than 5 minutes (about 2 city blocks) . . . past the pool, up the little hill and you are standing at Bell Services beside the main entrance. A little further you find High Rock spriongs Pool. Beside the pool is the community hall. Grandstand is a great place to be . . first bus stop, great pool, nice snack bar & drink station, close to the main facility.

Sorry, can't answer for the car rental - we have never needed a car, we have always used Disney transportation and never felt a need to leave the World.

Have a great time. :yay:

I was at the World over the last weekend, and while there got to experience the new Characters in Flight balloon. For those of you not fearful of heights and haven't done it yet - it's AWESOME!! Great to be able to see all of WDW, and other stuff too if you choose to turn around (I really didn't).

Here are a few views of our lovely SSR from the balloon.

Going up
P6060039.jpg

Just for you DiznyDad...the wonderful rocking chairs at Congress Park
P6060042.jpg

And another
P6060044.jpg

WOW! Awesome pictures! I am considering doing the balloon ride in July. My daughter is really nervous though, so I don't know if it will happen for us, fingers crossed.

:wave2: from the Grandstands in our first 2BR stay for our family of five. It's huge! Love it :) Funny thing though we all gather up in one room most of the time to keep up/hang out most of the time anyway other than when it's bedtime.

Stopher1 - Thanks so much for the rocking thoughts - just when I thought I was happy to be here at the office!

Just happen to be poking around on the DIS when what do I find - THE ROCKERS - and they appear to be waiting for me !

Sorry, got to go . . . . . . . .

We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one? We just want it for 2 days.

Thanks!

I'd take the boat because I love the boats and you are a very short walk to the boat dock. You could also take the walking path.

As far as DTD rental car places:

Their is an Avis car rental at Hilton, Alamo and National are at Buena Vista Palace, Budget is at Doubletree and Dollar is at Regal Sun.:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter