• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're heading home to SSR in about 6 months and we can't wait. We have recently done other resorts, BC and BW and did enjoy, but i'm looking forward to going home. Can't wait to see the balloon, great pics. We love Congress Park!

We'll be in the THV's in just about 60 days. :cool1: While we're there we are having a gathering for family and friends, it looks like about 30 people. How big are the charcoal grills? How much charcoal will we need to pick up? Thanks for your help.

We used our grill. This is a whole bag of Matchlight (the smaller bag), I covered about 3/4 of the bottom of the grill and left the right side without any coals in case the chicken drippings started a flare up.

IMG_2315.jpg

This was how much food I got on the grill at once, it was pretty packed. I believe it was 3 breasts 6 thighs and 6 sliced zucchini.

IMG_2320.jpg

For 30 people count on eating in phases, have lots of chips and other stuff or have start cooking early and keep everything warm until you're ready to serve. The grills are about the same size as the ones that they have in parks (at least out in CA)

Franandaj, I wish I could reach through the monitor and take some food off that grill!:laughing: That's an awesome way of answering the question about how much food can fit on the grill.

Mecllap, I love the overhead shot of SSR.:wizard:

Thanks for all your responses. We'll have to cook strategically. I've requested a villa across from the pool entrance so hopefully that will come through and the pool will occupy at least the kids.

Deb

DW and I love SSR. Recently stayed at BLT it was OK but we missed the luxury of the quiet pool in Congress Park. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to get back...next stay THV. :cool1:

I need to look through the other thread, but I have a question about the Grandstand area. We are checking in on Saturday and I think that's where we want to request a room. I'm thinking Grandstand, higher floor and non- HA. Would there be anything else I should request or is that too much already?;)

I need to look through the other thread, but I have a question about the Grandstand area. We are checking in on Saturday and I think that's where we want to request a room. I'm thinking Grandstand, higher floor and non- HA. Would there be anything else I should request or is that too much already?;)

There are 2 buildings close very close to the Grandstand pool. Might be something to try for if you use the pool alot. Never hurts to ask.

If you can't get the Grandstand, the Springs has the main pool and the Paddock (5500s closest) had a nice, small private pool. However, there are plans to redo the Paddock pool, so I'm not sure if it is still open. Congress Park has a pool and a great view of DTD. Have a great trip.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My DVC home is SSR, but I have never stayed there. DD and I will be going this December fo rour first trip together (her 1st trip, period) and I was wondering what is good for little ones around the resort. I honestly, was hoping for WL because of the proximity to the MK and because of the cute carriage rides around FW. DD LOVES horses, so that's a bonus at SSR. LOL. She is 3. Can someone please sell me on the idea of staying here with her?

Oh! And, can anyone tell me if DTD is decorated any kind of cute way for Christmas? Does anything cute and Christmasy happen there? I can't seem to remember. I am SO EXCITED to be visitibg the World during the holidays!!

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My DVC home is SSR, but I have never stayed there. DD and I will be going this December fo rour first trip together (her 1st trip, period) and I was wondering what is good for little ones around the resort. I honestly, was hoping for WL because of the proximity to the MK and because of the cute carriage rides around FW. DD LOVES horses, so that's a bonus at SSR. LOL. She is 3. Can someone please sell me on the idea of staying here with her?

She is 3 so she will be happy just being at WDW but there is lot's for her to do. SSR has a far better pool for her age because of the zero entry and splash area providing the weather is decent and usually it is (last year was weird). The community hall has activities such as crafts everyday so take her their on your off days, they also have free dvd's. Take the boat over to DTD and do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She will love it. Have her do it in the afternoon so she can participate in the princess parade where the little girls who have just been done up get to parade around DTD and wave to their subjects.:goodvibes

You are going during the best time of all. SSR is decorated beautifully but because it is large, it won't seem as saturated with decorations as some of the others. DTD is also decorated splendidly. The World of Disney store is just gorgeous for Christmas, even if you don't do BBB here, take her for a little shopping trip here. If you are doing the DDP, there is no better place to be as they have a wide selection of CS restaurants at DTD as well as TS so take her for a little lunch and shopping and photo ops which DTD has tons. Santa is also at DTD so take her to see him.:wizard: We've stayed at SSR during Christmas and didn't even get a chance to do all the Christmas activities that they had. There are character meet 'n' greets with virtually no lines in the Carriage house everyday dressed in their holiday finery and they serve cider and cookies. We were able to meet minnie, pluto and Donald duck over the course of 2 days.

Here are some pics I found through the search option of SSR at Christmas. I believe these are Lak2w's pics (hope that's right).

ssr41.jpg

ssr42.jpg

ssr44.jpg

ssr43.jpg

ssr40.jpg

ssr37.jpg

ssr39.jpg

ssr48.jpg

ssr39.jpg

ssr49.jpg

Here are a couple of DTD.
dtdchris2.jpg

dtgchris1.jpg

Yay, the new thread is opened up!

Here are just a few of my own pics. We love SSR too.

2009-Oct001119.jpg

2009-Oct001126.jpg

2009-Oct00143.jpg

2009-Oct0016.jpg

2010-0113-001188.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter