• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that the spa is closed for refurbishment at SSR, does anyone know if the gym is still open? We leave in a little over two weeks and the gym is a deal breaker for us. Thanks!:flower3:

the gym was open, no worries!

I am staying at SSR for 21 nights in October/November and have my heart set on Congress Park. During my last visit I stayed in POR and was about a 10 minute walk from the main building in the mansions section. Can I expect a similar length walk from CP? We spent a lot of time in DTD and like the idea of being able to walk back instead of waiting in line for the bus at night! The only other issue I have is to do with transportation to theme parks. Are buses often full by the time they arrive at CP? I realise that this is a risk and might walk to another section to catch this bus!

I am staying at SSR for 21 nights in October/November and have my heart set on Congress Park. During my last visit I stayed in POR and was about a 10 minute walk from the main building in the mansions section. Can I expect a similar length walk from CP? We spent a lot of time in DTD and like the idea of being able to walk back instead of waiting in line for the bus at night! The only other issue I have is to do with transportation to theme parks. Are buses often full by the time they arrive at CP? I realise that this is a risk and might walk to another section to catch this bus!

Hi. Being able to pop in and out if DTD is great. From CP to walk to The reception where the Carriagehouse is and The main quick service dining etc is about a good 10 minutes walk but depends which end could be up to 15 and how fast you walk. There is a refillable mug station at Paddock Pool which might be nearer depending which part of CP you are. 21 nights how nice! Enjoy we love SSR!

The noise level, the foot traffic, I don't like patios, I prefer balconies and the views are better IMO from the higher floors.

This should not be a problem. The buildings at SSR are huge and built with concrete floors on all levels. We have stayed at Every DVC resort except BLT and have found SSR to be the quietest.

dwelty said:
This should not be a problem. The buildings at SSR are huge and built with concrete floors on all levels. We have stayed at Every DVC resort except BLT and have found SSR to be the quietest.

Lol I've stayed at SSR like 20x. I prefer upper levels.

Just signed my contract for SSR last night! So excited! We have only stayed at OKW, but always thought SSR was beautiful. Question on the tree house room- how difficult is it getting to the pool and bus stops? I have 3 young kids (5/5/3).

I heard there was road construction outside the community hall/main pool area this is delaying buses because there is only 1 lane open. Can anyone confirm?
How long will it last?

Just signed my contract for SSR last night! So excited! We have only stayed at OKW, but always thought SSR was beautiful. Question on the tree house room- how difficult is it getting to the pool and bus stops? I have 3 young kids (5/5/3).

We are staying at the THV Thanksgiving week. I booked it right at the 11 month mark and had no problems. This will be our third stay at the THV. We love SSR and stay there the most, but we have also stayed at BCV, AKV and OKW. All are great!

We stayed in the THV last October. There is a small pool in the section for THV's as well as 2 bus stops. You have to take a bus from the THV to the main part of SSR to get to the parks. There is also a path you can walk. It wasn't long but my kids were 9 and 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter