SSR 1st timers

kikiV

Mouseketeer
We want to be as close to the spring rock (?) pool as possible. We have a 1 bedroom. What buildings do you recommend?

I would request the Springs. We stayed there, you can walk to everything and mainpool easily (across parking lot). We would request that location again.

Congress Park is where we stayed and really like it. It is a short walk to the Springs and to DTD. The next time we go we plan to request The Springs or The Grandstand, just to try something different.

If you look at the map of SSR you'll see that there are 5 different areas, each with multiple buildings.

To be closest to High Rock Springs Pool (main pool), you'll want to stay in the Springs section. The Grandstand has it's own pool, but is also close to the main pool & Carriage House (restaurants, shops, check-in). To be closest to DTD, stay at Congress Park. Each area has it's plusses & minuses, depending on what you're looking for :goodvibes

how far of a walk is it to DTD from Congress park? What are the minuses @ Congress park and the springs?

We stayed in Congress Park in January and we will probably always request that location. Our room overlooked DTD and had a nice water view. It is ~10 minute walk to Downtown Disney. There is a nice path that runs from the resort over to DTD that we enjoyed walking on. It is ~5 minute walk tops to the main pool & buildings, but it does have its own quiet pool and spa that overlook the lake and DTD. The Springs section is right across from the mail pool and buildings, so that will definitely be the choice if that is your priority. I have not stayed in that section, but families with young children seem to prefer it because of that proximity. To me, the only real con to that section is that it does not directly face the water and DTD. I think that you will enjoy wherever you decide to stay. It is a lovely resort.

We stayed in the Springs which was a great location for the pool and main buildings. Only complaint is that it is the last stop on the buses and so the buses were often crowded by the time they got to the Springs.

As and aside, I really recommend eating at Turf Club. The menu may be somewhat limited but it was one of the best meals we had at WDW our last trip.

If you request a room, make sure you arrive early or before check in time. We flew from California and arrived at 1:00 a.m. Friday and were ready to request Congress but that was not available. We ended up at the Carousel section which is very far from everything. When she told me where our room was, my mind went right to the disboards where I had heard people mention this fact. One night we walked from Downtown Disney to our room and I arrived exhausted! We consider ourselves "walkers" but the Carousel was far, even for us.

But, it was early when we arrived at VB a week later and we were given a fabulous 1 bedroom with an ocean view. So it seems that if you want to request something, be prepared to arrive early.

I wonder if you utilize "On Line Check-In" if you are assigned a room regardless of what time you actually arrive at the resort?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter