Squirrels: Combat or Appeasement?

If you go this route.... Bribe them on someone elses site! :D Preferably 2 or more away... (Your not going to be there in Mid-June are you? If so, I want to make sure I am not too close. :lmao: )

Sadly, it also keeps ME away. I hate fabric softener. First, most people don't realize it, but fabric softener waterproofs the clothes (or towels, blankets, etc..) and it actually aids in "Wearing" it down sooner. Certainly opposed tot he natural fabric softener (of hanging it on the line. Love THAT fragrance).

Secondly.... fabric softener is just "Chemicals" to soften (and waterproof) your clothes.

Now for those campers (and more for "Hikers") all those special clothes for "Wicking" moisture away (socks, under clothes, etc...) most (if you read the directions) also tell you NOT to use fabric Softener because of this "Waterproofing" effect.

I will say, though that we do use "Dryer Sheets" inside our RV to help keep "Rodents" away while in storage mode (Winterized) although we really don't have that big of a Rodent issue (cross our fingers).

I suppose if I was tent camping and had an issue, I could do something with the Fabric softener on the "Perimeter" of the site (maybe with a spray bottle) to help eliminate them.
While it's tempting to think I can leave a sacrificial offering to the squirrels to keep them out of my stuff, my experience with animals (wild and domestic) tells me that feeding them does not make them go away. Quite the opposite, usually.

People that cloth diaper also know to be afraid of fabric softener. Even a stow away dryer sheet that's been used before well seriously mess with a whole load of diapers. You do NOT want waterproof diapers!

Those squirrels are coming by to visit whether you feed them or not. I've been know to set out a gallon ice cream bucket full of squirrel feed mix and let them have a buffet.

They still showed up at the doorstep to get their Froot Loops (which they have a special hankering for in the 400 loop).

On the discussion of fabric softener sheets, used ones are great for cleaning the front of your camper after you arrive. Just wet them and wipe away the bugs. Outside of that I'm with Peg.

We were there last month, not in a tent but omg those squirrels are crazy there. One literally I mean it literally was trying to climb on our laps when we were sitting at the Meadows eating a Mickey bar. I was screaming and laughing but mostly screaming hehe. I'm not afraid of squirrels but not ready for one on my lap, holy mackrel :squirrel: They are really nutty, very aggressive and fearless. Tho did see one poor one getting carried off by an owl, swooped directly at us 5 feet over our heads.

We did not feed them ourselves and I agree with Cosmic totally, if you feed them they'll come back for more and be more aggressive. We never feed the birds either which are also very annoying. Seemed like that squirrel at the Meadows definitely knew what Mickey bars were when he saw us eating ours and he was going to try to get some from us no matter what hehe

While we do not tent camp, this last March one tried to go into the RV when I was taking food out to cook breakfast. Now that would have been fun! Think about taking my terriers next trip this October

While we do not tent camp, this last March one tried to go into the RV when I was taking food out to cook breakfast. Now that would have been fun! Think about taking my terriers next trip this October

Your poor terriers will be overwhelmed. Mine absolutely despises squirrels and goes crazy when she sees them. This is one reason why I haven't taken her with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter