SpringHill Suites vs. Fairfield Inn & Suites?

bosuch

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time staying off-property, but with points I've got a week free at Marriott, so we can't pass that up. We've got a family of 5, so we need a Suite-type hotel. Springhill Suites and Fairfield Suites are basically next door to each other (8601 Vineland vs. 8615 Vineland) - any opinions on one over the other?

Thanks!

FYI there is another Fairfield Inn and Suites on the other side of I-4 closer to the the DTD entrance. You may find the traffic coming and going from that Fairfield into Disney property more manageable than the Marriott Village properties.

I looked at that one, but they say they don't have any rooms that will accommodate 5 people...

We were going to stay at the Springhill Suites on Vineland last month. I had a great rate of 69.00/nt. However, I started thinking about the traffic and how horrible it is that I switched our reservations to Marriott's Residence Inn on Marbella. I got a rate of 109.00/nt. It was wonderful! No traffic and it may be as close as Springhill Suites. Well worth the extra money for our family of 6.

We had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and a kitchen (that we didn't use). They also have free breakfast in the mornings, where you can make Mickey waffles! (there are 3 waffle makers). There were 3 TV's and Stacy was on with her Disney's top 7.

You may want to check the points there. They are both Cat. 5 hotels. I'm not sure what time of the year you're going....that will depend on the traffic in the area of Marriott Village.

Looks like the Marbella location has no rooms available via points for the time we're going to be there (12/2 - 12/8), bummer...

Never again Marriot Village! We left hotel & went to Walmart (towards 192). Coming back, after we passed World Drive, we sat in line for 1 hour to get back to our hotel. Traffic didn't clear until after I4. Never again no matter the price!

Couple of years ago we stayed across from SeaWorld at Fairfield Inn & Suites on IDrive (Springhill there too). Easy drive back & forth to WDW & DTD. Actually, we took Palm Parkway to the back way thru the Disney industrial area, coming out at Golden Oak - easy drive. That FI is very nice. Liked it better than the one in MV because it wasn't as busy & hectic.

Well, after digging a bit deeper, it looks like the only area Marriott's that can be booked with points only have double beds, at least the ones that don't require outrageous amounts. So we'll hang on to the free week and just stay on property!

Did you mention when you were going to be in Disney?

The traffic that way wasn't bad in January and mid May.

My daughter did the Disney College Program from Jan 7 to May 17. The apartments the kids live in are close to the Marriot Village. We were that way several times and the traffic wasn't bad to and from the parks.

We usually travel in August and that's when we ran into the hour commute just trying to go to Bahama Breeze (which is beside the Marriot Village).

I guess it would depend on the time of year you are visiting.

We stayed at the Springfield suites at the marriott village about 5 years ago and it was wonderful! The suite was huge and very clean. The traffic can be a little tricky but there are some back roads that you may be able to take. It was a nice place to stay and you could use the pools at all 3 hotels. It has a nice little food court and some great restaurants that you can walk to like Bahama breeze! If you go during the less busy season it is manageable. If you are going on points at no cost it is totally worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter