Spring Break 2018- Boston to MCO

Does anyone know the date that Southwest will be releasing flights for April 2018? TIA

Not til end of summer I would guess because this is what Southwest says now:

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 7, 2018. On June 22, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through March 7, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I might wait for Southwest or Jet Blue too. I have never waited for them for spring break, but now that I'm considering Bradley it might be worthwhile. Since we are flying to California, I like the JB screens on seats for kids for a long flight. Jet blue also does direct to San Diego, which appeals to me more than LAX.....Though I will fly to whichever is cheaper.
I so dislike having to fly school vacation weeks.......

Not til end of summer I would guess because this is what Southwest says now:

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 7, 2018. On June 22, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through March 7, 2018. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I might wait for Southwest or Jet Blue too. I have never waited for them for spring break, but now that I'm considering Bradley it might be worthwhile. Since we are flying to California, I like the JB screens on seats for kids for a long flight. Jet blue also does direct to San Diego, which appeals to me more than LAX.....Though I will fly to whichever is cheaper.
I so dislike having to fly school vacation weeks.......

Thank you for the info! Have you considered TF Green in Providence? Jet Blue and Southwest both fly out from there and flight prices may be comparable to Bradley.
I am with you, I dread booking flights during school breaks, it's the worst!!! Good luck with your plans and I hope you have a great time in California! After this next trip, we may look into heading out West to Disneyland and surrounding areas.

Thank you for the info! Have you considered TF Green in Providence? Jet Blue and Southwest both fly out from there and flight prices may be comparable to Bradley.
I am with you, I dread booking flights during school breaks, it's the worst!!! Good luck with your plans and I hope you have a great time in California! After this next trip, we may look into heading out West to Disneyland and surrounding areas.

Yes, we looked and Providence is as expensive as Boston as of right now. Although I'll check again once JB and SW release schedules. Providence is only an hour from me vs 2 hours to Bradley. Boston is closest, 20-25 min (minimal traffic times).

We love Disneyland!! If you haven't been then it is definitely worth going- it's so much easier than WDW and Carsland is awesome. I think this trip we will do Seaworld, SD zoo or safari park, Disneyland, and then just a few days chilling at the condo pool and beach. We did WDW the last 2 Disney trips so DH wanted to head back west.

Good luck to you too!! Fingers crossed SW or JB is good to all of us!!

We flew the past 3 aprils, time before was the auto train and the time before we drove...not fun!

This past April was the first time we flew during Easter break (we fly out of Hartford), the other 2 times we did Easter were the AT and driving.

So April 2015, we flew delta from Hartford to Atlanta to Tampa. No direct flight on delta from Hartford. It was around $250 RT, maybe a little less. I should of just waited for jet blue to open as it was only about $10 more and the airport is a 15 min drive from my sisters. This was not Easter week.

April 2016, I swear we hit the jackpot, again this was not Easter week. I held out til July for jet blue. The day it opened, fares were $600 is RT. I told my DH we were going to do the dreaded drive until some wonderful Person on these boards said to check google flights. $234 RT into ft Myers...direct... in top of that, car rental for 10 days $240-a minivan..again thanks to these wonderful Boards!

Last July I book for April 2017...our vacation ended on Easter but we come home on a Monday.....$550 RT...ugh....I paid it. At rental $650 ish...added another $100 when we got there for a bigger van again for 10 days.

I book the minute jet blue opens. I am dreading it but at least next year Easter is early.
OP if you can fly from BDL I think you will find better rates and more direct flights than Logan. This is particularly true on Southwest. It is such an easy airport...parking is cheap and the airport is small, clean and efficient. Highly recommend! Good luck!
we always do well out of bdl nonstop with jb or sw. never saw 500.00 flights. will be ready for jb in july for april

Ok, so we were going to go to California next April, but the plan just changed to Florida. We want to mainly spend time down on the Gulf coast, but we will come up to do 2 days at our beloved WDW. So, now I am looking at flights BOS to Tampa ideally, but I'll fly into another close Florida airport. Those of you who wait for JB and SW, what do those flights usually cost April vacation? I've never waited. Right now BOS is showing 500/600+ that week Sat to Sat. Im willing to look at Bradley if it saves a ton. Right now Bradley is 377 on American. Should I just grab it or wait? I know it's so hard to know. If it was 377 out of Boston, if probably grab it. Thx!

we dont fly american because its not nonstop! we do better with jb and sw and nonstop flights! anywhere from 1,000-1300 for 4 ppl

We just booked on American out of BDL; 3 of us for $1,104; $368 each. Last year we flew out of Portland, Me on JB for $258 each. We were going to wait for JB in July to book, but decided to ease the pain and book with AA out of BDL. thanks for all the positive notes about BDL.

Just did the same. Booked 6 tix on AA for 377 BDL to TPA.

we dont fly american because its not nonstop! we do better with jb and sw and nonstop flights! anywhere from 1,000-1300 for 4 ppl

Thx.
I just looked back at this thread. It looks like you had flexibility this year to do the Mon to Mon. I am stuck with Sat to Sat of vacation. DH can't take off a day before or after a vacation. I just went for the AA bc the price is right. I know sometimes you can get cheaper a day before or after vacation. Wish we could. Hope I don't regret it! I just shouldn't look anymore now!!

Just did the same. Booked 6 tix on AA for 377 BDL to TPA.

Thx.
I just looked back at this thread. It looks like you had flexibility this year to do the Mon to Mon. I am stuck with Sat to Sat of vacation. DH can't take off a day before or after a vacation. I just went for the AA bc the price is right. I know sometimes you can get cheaper a day before or after vacation. Wish we could. Hope I don't regret it! I just shouldn't look anymore now!!
yeah book what you feel is right! This past april was the first year to do Mon -mon, normally we have always flown fri-fri/fri-sat/sat-sun... we had to be home for our College son and easter sun. Hoping for another good price to come out soon and get these booked!

yeah book what you feel is right! This past april was the first year to do Mon -mon, normally we have always flown fri-fri/fri-sat/sat-sun... we had to be home for our College son and easter sun. Hoping for another good price to come out soon and get these booked!

Thanks. Good luck to you! Someone will need to start that Official April 2018 thread soon!!! We are staying down on the gulf coast on this gorgeous beach we stayed at this April, but going up to WDW for 2 days.

Thanks. Good luck to you! Someone will need to start that Official April 2018 thread soon!!! We are staying down on the gulf coast on this gorgeous beach we stayed at this April, but going up to WDW for 2 days.
think I posted on an April 2018 thread already?? Looking for a good FB group too.

We always fly out of BOS, but right now BDL has much cheaper flights for April Vacation to CA. BOS nonstop flights are 600/700+. BDL nonstop are 380. I'm considering BDL, but we'd likely have to stay over down there at the beginning and end of the trip due to flight times and it's a 2 hour drive from our house. Any suggestions on hotels in the area close to the airport? The 380 flights are American. I would consider waiting for Jet Blue if I thought they would be close in price down at Bradley. Thx
We like the Hilton Garden Inn near BDL.

Ok, so we were going to go to California next April, but the plan just changed to Florida. We want to mainly spend time down on the Gulf coast, but we will come up to do 2 days at our beloved WDW. So, now I am looking at flights BOS to Tampa ideally, but I'll fly into another close Florida airport. Those of you who wait for JB and SW, what do those flights usually cost April vacation? I've never waited. Right now BOS is showing 500/600+ that week Sat to Sat. Im willing to look at Bradley if it saves a ton. Right now Bradley is 377 on American. Should I just grab it or wait? I know it's so hard to know. If it was 377 out of Boston, if probably grab it. Thx!

April 2015-BDL to Tampa via Atlanta on delta was around $240-250 RT. And that was Good Friday that we flew. But the connection and the 2 hr Drive were just not worth it for us. I checked JBs flights after they came out and it was about $10 more and flew in direct to the airport 15 min from my sisters.

April 2016-BDL to Ft. Myers direct on JB. I was hesitant to wait. When the flights came out it was around $600-700 RT. A few weeks past Easter so I told my DH we were driving. But some kind soul on here said to go to google flights, so I did and scored $240 RT on JB, same flight, booked on the JB website. Add that to the van we rented for 11 days which was around $250 (love the dis boards) i was thrilled.

April 2017-BDL to Ft. Myers on Jet Blue, $500+ RT...ahhh....but when I checked delta whose flight ps had already been out for some time they were in the $600-700 range RT. So we bit the bullet and paid the $500 because after driving one year and taking the AT the following year any price was worth it to avoid the dreaded drive!

We go during the kids April break. They usually have a half day the Friday before and dumb snow flakes days the Monday and Tuesday after so I book it a Friday to a Monday. 2018, Easter is early so I am hoping $$$ aren't too bad as well as the crowds!

April 2015-BDL to Tampa via Atlanta on delta was around $240-250 RT. And that was Good Friday that we flew. But the connection and the 2 hr Drive were just not worth it for us. I checked JBs flights after they came out and it was about $10 more and flew in direct to the airport 15 min from my sisters.

April 2016-BDL to Ft. Myers direct on JB. I was hesitant to wait. When the flights came out it was around $600-700 RT. A few weeks past Easter so I told my DH we were driving. But some kind soul on here said to go to google flights, so I did and scored $240 RT on JB, same flight, booked on the JB website. Add that to the van we rented for 11 days which was around $250 (love the dis boards) i was thrilled.

April 2017-BDL to Ft. Myers on Jet Blue, $500+ RT...ahhh....but when I checked delta whose flight ps had already been out for some time they were in the $600-700 range RT. So we bit the bullet and paid the $500 because after driving one year and taking the AT the following year any price was worth it to avoid the dreaded drive!

We go during the kids April break. They usually have a half day the Friday before and dumb snow flakes days the Monday and Tuesday after so I book it a Friday to a Monday. 2018, Easter is early so I am hoping $$$ aren't too bad as well as the crowds!

Thanks!
It is such a bummer I don't have the option of Fri before to Mon after bc I know that can save a few bucks. I would totally take the kids out of school a day or two, but DH is a teacher and he can't use a personal day the day before or after a school vacation week. No half day Fri for him. So, we are stuck with Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun, which always is the most pricey time to fly in vacation weeks.

highest we ever paid was 330 per person, and have flown mostly on the fri before vacation, some years the sat, one year the mon. that is for RT nonstop from BDL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter