Splitting our stay..Poly and mod v. value Help!!!!

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We will be going down in Aug. Want to be at the Polynesian for the last 3-4 days. My question to those of you who have done this already......are we better off at the *** or a moderate? I thought maybe CBR, keeping the whole tropical theme going. But, if I get a great price at the ***, well.....I just don't know. Any pro's and con's from you all????:confused: :confused:

Well, I'm not too sure why the All Stars came out as **** but they did. Sorry.
:rolleyes:

Ive stayed at DXL 2x, then ASMO. I can honestly say, I would have a hard time going back to DXL(or any moderate) again. ASMO was just awesome. The only thing I preferred at DXL was Bob the piano player in the lounge. ASMO was either the same as or better than DXL in food court, bus service, theming, crowds, noise, CMs, cleanliness, pools, everything! As for the room size, we had 5 in our room(plus a crib & carriage) and had no problem with space. Can you tell we really enjoyd our stay there? ;) And believe it or not, we did really like DXL, but ASMO just seemed so Disney to us!:)

My personal preference would be for the All Stars, because the moderates are too spread out for me. My daughter, however, would choose one of the moderates - she's more into the themeing. It all depends on what you want. You might check wdwig.com for details as to what each resort offers and make your decision from there.

We just returned from our CBR/Poly trip....
The Polynesian is AWESOME!! The BEST!!!!! I wish we could stay there all the time!!!
We like to split our stay, that is the only way we can experience the deluxes.
We have also stayed at All Star Movies....last Oct for 5 nights.

When in August are you going?? If it is early...I would say go with a Moderate, because the crowds will still be heavy. If you are going late Aug....stay at the All Stars! Schools will be headed back and the AS won;t be so jammed packed with people.

Having stayed at CBR, CSR and PO-R and ASMo.....the only reason we would choose a Moderate over AS is if we get a great rate.....$100 /night or less...or if we know that it will be crowded..ie..summer or spring break!
When we go again next year we are considering CSR! Hoping for a great AP rate or code.....but if not, it will be AS Music or Movies!

We are planning an All Stars/Deluxe trip for late 2003. I figured out that we could do a split value/deluxe stay (AKL or WL) for the same money as a week stay at a moderate. We have stayed at all the moderates, but have never stayed at either AKL or WL. We have stayed at All Star Sports & Movies and were very satisfied.

Looks like it will be third week in August 03 for us. We have stayed at PO-R twice. I think, that based on what seems to be being said here on the boards, that we'll try ***. If we get a good enough rate, maybe we can add a day or two. I realize that's it's early yet for planning. But...like many of you, I'm not really happy unless I'm planning a WDW trip!!

:Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter