Spinoff: What Disney Job Would You Pick?

I'm going to invent a lightweight, affordable fabric that somehow cools human skin, so costumed characters (and athletes and outdoor laborers and what have you) can remain cool on the job. Then I'm going to sell my patent to the theme park industry and make ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS.

If you ever did that, your market would be much more than theme park industry. My first thought is the racing community. That's my (very) amateur hobby. Wearing full racing gear in the middle of the summer is brutally, unbearably hot. We do all kinds of things to help keep ourselves cool. You'd retire quite comfortably, and quite quickly, if you invented something like what you said (it would have to be flame resistant too).

Princess - Cinderella would be a dream come true...

Driver on the safari, seeing those animal daily would be a great fun... only part-time to hot during the summer months

VIP tour guide at Epcot, or behind the scene tour guide

Working with all the plants, creating those huge topiaries... I love to get my hands in the dirt...

Christmas tree decorator....

If you ever did that, your market would be much more than theme park industry. My first thought is the racing community. That's my (very) amateur hobby. Wearing full racing gear in the middle of the summer is brutally, unbearably hot. We do all kinds of things to help keep ourselves cool. You'd retire quite comfortably, and quite quickly, if you invented something like what you said (it would have to be flame resistant too).

Well by golly I will figure this out if it's the last thing I do.

I used to work at WDW.

I was in costuming for 3 years (character and main issue) and a character attendant for 7. Although, I believe it's named something else now. The latter was fun, up until the last couple of years.

I'm trying to get re-employed at Disney. Long story. Mainly for personal and career reasons. I have one possible chance at something worthwhile, and so far the best road is through Disney right now. The goal is some sort of hospitality position.

Boat driver/pilot or working with the plants in Living with the Land - would also love the horticultural dept. except wouldn't be able to take the extreme heat part of it.

Imagineer or Citizen of Main St/Hollywood...getting paid to have fun w/guests & co-workers and banter all day, oh yes!

I'd like to work behind the scenes decorating and stocking the shops, making store displays, etc.

Dream job: princess

Realistic job because princess-ing wouldn't pay the bills: I would love to be in either PR or advertising for corporate.

Sweet! Wanna come to my house and do it for me? Mrs. Homie and I are so bored with it that we didn't even put up a tree last year.

Funny thing is I have done this job on a large scale on the retail end, and when I changed careers I was a Activity director in long term care I put up about 7 very large trees (a year), along with all the decorations that go with the seasons, plus those small table top tree in the residents rooms. My first year we made enough wreaths for everyone door, around 90 doors, then we would un-decorate them, sort and store everything and then pull them out for the next year, and the residents would decorate them for their rooms.

I have decorated other trees for hire so to speak, at some friends business, and their homes.

If your not excited maybe you should create a new tree, maybe themed... Disney tree, or a small table top tree just so that the Grinch doesn't set in...

On my most recent trips I was thinking (if it paid enough) that I could direct the recreation activities at the resorts. I worked as a camp counselor in a Parks and Rec department (and yes, it's exactly like the show) for 8 summers, and now I run an after school program and a summer camp (this will be my 10th summer as a camp counselor).

When I was in undergrad my dream was to run social media, that would be fine, too.

And of course, my pipe dream is to dance in the parades and shows - just not as a character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter