Spinning on MIB

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I just watched a video of the Men in Black ride to get an idea of what its like. It did seem like it spinned around a bit. How bad is the spinning? Is it like Toy Story Mania? Or more intense? I usually avoid rides like the Tea Cups in Disney, but can manage if we don't spin too fast.

The spinning on MiB made it the one ride at UO that broke through my friend's anti-nausea patch enough that she was not able to ride it back-to-back. FWIW, spinning is her kryptonite and the patch worked wonders to allow her to ride several times throughout our trip.

It will spin once if someone shoots your exhaust port during a short portion of the ride. There's a consistent very fast spin as the ride ends. 3 times around I think. The only part of the ride that I don't like.

End spin is fast enough I usually have to hold my ball cap on. I don’t like that part either, but with taking motion sickness medicine, it does not make me sick. I also tend to close my eyes too, and maybe that helps too. And yeah, if another car has great aim, one ride I almost got dizzy. Darn good shots on that other car. But I enjoy the ride every time though.

Just rode MIB this week. I hate spinning but what saved me was the competition factor of this ride. Keeping my mind focused on the high score worked for me.

there are three points where you spin pretty fast, otherwise it's a tame ride. I who hate roller coasters, LOVED this ride but will admit to being sick after riding it three times in a row.

Yeah, the spinning can be a bit much sometimes. Otherwise, I love this ride. I've been reading up on all the tips to improve my score. :-D

I don't do well with spinning, but I can tolerate MIB. I think if the ride vehicle were to spin one more time around than it does at the end portion, then it would be my tipping point. It's right at my max spin allowance as it currently is.

I don't do well with spinning, but I can tolerate MIB. I think if the ride vehicle were to spin one more time around than it does at the end portion, then it would be my tipping point. It's right at my max spin allowance as it currently is.

I’m exactly the same on MiB........I can’t really do spinny rides, but this one I’m usually ok with......but one more turn and I’d be green!

The spinning believe it, or not, at least for the first spin is less intense than it used to be. The spin at the very end is definitely more intense, as it lasts longer.

As for the exhaust pipe spin part, I would recommend getting there first thing in the morning. They have two different sides of ride vehicles that operate. It is possible to get in one, while the other has no one in the other one empty if early enough. More than likely you should be paired with an empty ride vehicle, if anything if you see a decent amount of people, you might wait a few moments behind before moving forward to go onto the ride.

If anything if it does seem they're separating people and putting on both sides and there is a decent flow of people, but still slow, I would potentially ask a TM if it possible to have the other side empty. I would recommend explaining that you understand if it's not possible, but asking since you can handle spinning (if you say you cannot they'll just suggest you leave), but that you do not like the unpredictable spinning in the "exhaust pipe" section. However, like I said, they might recommend you not get on the ride at all if you admit any issue with spinning. However, it is a suggestion, or you could at least ask, but let them know you understand if it's not possible, but not explain why.

Had a single rider twerp next to me once who shot our own exhaust port. He got a stern talking-to after the ride.

Had a single rider twerp next to me once who shot our own exhaust port. He got a stern talking-to after the ride.

I never thought of that, does it give you more points? I believe anything you shoot can give you points, but I ask out of curiosity since I don't know if it's different since at that point it's one side vs another side.

If it does give you points I might have to try that when I'm alone sometime. 😏

I never thought of that, does it give you more points? I believe anything you shoot can give you points, but I ask out of curiosity since I don't know if it's different since at that point it's one side vs another side.

If it does give you points I might have to try that when I'm alone sometime. 😏
It gives you same points as shooting your opponent. Took some gall to do it in a stranger's car though.

The spinning is the worst part of the ride for me, but it's still one of my favorite rides.

Pretty much the same for me - although on my last trip, I rode 3 times in a row using single rider (with no patch or motion sickness meds) and had no wait. Just the walk out of the building, back in, and through the queue was enough to 'reset' my spin allowance.

The spinning believe it, or not, at least for the first spin is less intense than it used to be. The spin at the very end is definitely more intense, as it lasts longer.

As for the exhaust pipe spin part, I would recommend getting there first thing in the morning. They have two different sides of ride vehicles that operate. It is possible to get in one, while the other has no one in the other one empty if early enough. More than likely you should be paired with an empty ride vehicle, if anything if you see a decent amount of people, you might wait a few moments behind before moving forward to go onto the ride.

If anything if it does seem they're separating people and putting on both sides and there is a decent flow of people, but still slow, I would potentially ask a TM if it possible to have the other side empty. I would recommend explaining that you understand if it's not possible, but asking since you can handle spinning (if you say you cannot they'll just suggest you leave), but that you do not like the unpredictable spinning in the "exhaust pipe" section. However, like I said, they might recommend you not get on the ride at all if you admit any issue with spinning. However, it is a suggestion, or you could at least ask, but let them know you understand if it's not possible, but not explain why.
I swear I have still spun in that section with no one in the car opposite me. It could be due to the below...

It gives you same points as shooting your opponent. Took some gall to do it in a stranger's car though.
There is a period after the exhaust port spinning that you can continue to shoot exhaust ports and get points but no spins. You can continue to shoot the other car or aim at your own port. If you are on the correct side of the car, you can also turn in your seat and shoot over your shoulder at the cars behind you - if they are still in the spin zone (which I think they will be), they will spin when hit.

I swear I have still spun in that section with no one in the car opposite me. It could be due to the below...

Well, I guess to be safe perhaps ask for no one in your vehicle too if you don't like spinning. I got my idea since I've multiple times have been on the ride and not spun at all during that portion of the ride and it would be due to either the other vehicle having no one, or having no one in that vehicle as well as being alone in my own vehicle.

It doesn't take much for it to happen first thing in the morning, as these times happened while trying to do my SR line fill when I first come into the parks in the morning. I've never ridden it as my first ride, but typically I've ridden a few SR line rides prior to getting over there, so I'd imagine if you hit this ride as literally your first ride the queue itself I'm sure would be practically empty.

They don’t start running the right side until 10:00am so if you ride it before then there’ll be no one on that side so there’s less chance of spinning due to being shot at. Once they make an announcement about ‘Agent I’ or something like that is when they start letting people on both sides.

I know on the right side as well you spin once after coming out of the scanner even if no one shot you for some reason. We’ve had it happen there every time even when there’s been no one in the other car.

It does a couple quick unpredictable spins during a short portion and then as mentioned above has a longer, more intense spin sequence at the end. However, it is very short duration overall. My husband gets really bad motion sickness (can sometimes get nauseous from a carousel) and he was ok on it. I just wouldn't likely recommend riding it back to back if susceptible to motion sickness from spinning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!