Spin off....head table at wedding

Nennie

Insert funny comment here!
Spinoff from another thread that mentioned having a head table at a wedding.

Are head tables common? I haven't seen a head table at a wedding since the 80s. These days it's a sweetheart table for the bride and groom, and the bridal party sits with their spouses, family, etc.

Just curious if it's a regional thing (I'm in NJ), or is that head tables are making a comeback?

I'm past the age of being a bridesmaid, so I don't have to worry about it! Just curious what states people live in that do head tables, and if they ever do sweetheart tables in those regions?

Every single wedding I've been in had a head table including one this past November. I can only think of one wedding I've been to that didn't have a traditional head table meaning a straight table up in the front of the room including weddings in Florida, DC, and New Jersey.

That one table still had a table with the wedding party but it was a round table in the center of all the other round tables. None had a table with just the bride and groom and none had the wedding party spread out amongst the other tables.

I have only been to 1 wedding reception with a sweetheart table. All the others had head tables, including the one I went to last yr.

I've only been to two weddings that had a sweetheart table. All other weddings i've been to have had a head table.

Very interesting, Here I thought sweetheart tables were the norm! Sounds like my friends/family are in the vast minority!

I'm talking like 15 weddings over the past 15-20 years! LOL!

Most wedding I have attended did not have a large dais, with the bride and groom and wedding party sitting in the front of the room. Most have had the sweetheart table for just the bride and groom.

We were married in 1992 and had a sweetheart table. I don't remember it even being an issue. This was on Long Island.

I haven't seen a head table in at least 20 years.

Although, I have also never seen the bridal party join in a paired dance after the bride and groom dance.

Never heard of a sweetheart table until it was brought up here a couple days ago.

Every wedding here that I've attended has a head table.

I've attended/been in a lot of weddings over the last 5 years and can't recall one that didn't have a head table.

I only saw head tables, until my brother and sister in law got married last January. The wedding party was split up over two round tables, in amongst the other round tables. It was a nice set up, I really liked it.

I haven't seen a head table in at least 20 years.

Although, I have also never seen the bridal party join in a paired dance after the bride and groom dance.

I've never seen the bridal party dance together either. Must be for people with head tables!

Always head tables in my area. My nieces all do head tables for bridal/baby showers too. Never seen a sweetheart table.

I'd never heard if a sweetheart table prior to opening this thread. Always a head table at every wedding I've attended.

I don't really have an opinion either way, just stating what I've seen.

As an aside, it's always very interesting to me to hear what's normal and customary in other parts of the US (and world) when it comes to events like weddings, baby showers, graduations, etc. Very informative. :thumbsup2

I've seen both. They both look fine. I prefer regular tables for the bridal party as it makes socializing easier.

I've seen a good combo of both. I personally had a sweetheart table but we also only had 1 best man and 2 maid/matron of honor.

I've been in weddings with the head table in the front of the room. Also a weddiing where the head table was through the middle of the room. I was a bridesmaid at this wedding and my DH was allowed to sit with me (as well as all the other attendents with dates) at the big center table.

As an aside, it's always very interesting to me to hear what's normal and customary in other parts of the US (and world) when it comes to events like weddings, baby showers, graduations, etc. Very informative. :thumbsup2

I find it interesting too! For instance, in my family we always host baby and bridal showers at home. I always thought that was the norm until I got to the age where my friends were getting married and all of the showers were a Italian restaurants. My husband family does the Italian restaurant thing too, yum!

Spinoff from another thread that mentioned having a head table at a wedding. Are head tables common? I haven't seen a head table at a wedding since the 80s. These days it's a sweetheart table for the bride and groom, and the bridal party sits with their spouses, family, etc. Just curious if it's a regional thing (I'm in NJ), or is that head tables are making a comeback? I'm past the age of being a bridesmaid, so I don't have to worry about it! Just curious what states people live in that do head tables, and if they ever do sweetheart tables in those regions?

I'm in NJ, too and head tables are still around. Equally represented along with sweetheart tables in the weddings I've been to in the last few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter