Spin Cycle Journal (Comments Welcome)

Well, we had a terrible winter storm. I was snowed in with the boys for 2 full days. I ate badly & jsut decided to restart the diet once I was back at work.

Today is that day.
Weight this am: #180.6 (yikes!)

Food thus far:
48 oz water/herbal tea
1 grissini
4 0z cottage cheese, 2 c plain lettuce.

Exercise plan - 30 min LS tonight.

Welllll, Did awesome food-wise yesterday!!

Weight today: #178.0

Exercise - 0. But I did manage a hair cut and dinner at home last night.

Here's my plan for today:
Walk at work 30 min.
Stay on VLCD.

Sat - exercise in front of TV
Sun- ditto

Next weekend DH is taking me away for the weekend. I have decided I am going to keep hitting it hard on the VLCD, but allow wine during this adult weekend.
:love:

I am really proud of myself. I got in the 30 min walk at work yesterday.

My crock pot experiment failed, so we ate out last night. DH kindly took me back to the Greek restaurant that has a lot of HCG options. I literally clenched my hands to avoid the warm white useless bread. I had 1/4 saganaki (which is a cheat), but no wine! I had Dolmades. I ate one and a half and most of the veggies on my plate. When I am eating out, I don't get too worked up about mixing veggies. I also ate a salad with their house vinaigrette. Since I am eating salad totally plain at work, I savored it!

Anyway - weight this am: #175.4 Back on track.

Focused to Go LOWER! I'm a little concerned about Super Bowl. I need to think it through.

Hi,

Did fine Sat until dinner. Managed 40 min leslie sansone type work out while watching Oprah.

Trouble with dinner was a pizza joint with another family. There was nothing on the menu I could really have. Drank water very well. Savored one glass chianti. Tried to fill up with 2 helpings of house salad. It was a bit loaded with dressing. Ate some thin crust pizza. Maybe I ate a total of one pizza slice. Hard to tell as it was cut in little triangles and rectangles. It tasted very yummy.

Sunday weight. OK held the same.

Sunday - did very well until Superbowl. I exercised by cleaning ALL morning. Hands and knees scrubbing floors in 5 rooms.

Then superbowl. I ate less than I once would have. For example, between 4:00 - 9 PM I had 2 alcoholic drinks where before I may easily have had twice that. I felt much more conscious of eating veggies. But I guess I still was off as today my weight was #178.6. Sigh.

But it is Monday. I'm back on track. Goal is to stay on track until weekend. DH taking me away for weekend. I guess I'm just going to have to hang as tough as possible.

Did fine last night except no exercise. I was exhausted all day. When I got home, I ate some sweets. Sigh. I ate 2 cookies and 2 mini snickers. I realized I was just eating to eat, so I put myself to bed. DS started karate last night, so I did not even get home until after 7 PM.

Today's weight: #177.0 Better.

Today has been fine so far. I have book club tonight.
:surfweb:

Who would have thought pizza would be a problem?

I went to book club last night armed with a salad and hb eggs to override the pizza. Then someone ordered ham/pineapple. It smelled divine. I ate 2 pieces. Then when I got home, I ate some candy! Shame on me! As usual evenings are a total mess!

Anyway- working hard at it today. Apple around 11 am. Salad with shrimp at 1 pm. Doing well with water.

Wt. today - #176.0

I have hardly exercised this week!

Colleen

Hiya-

Well I have struggled with hHCG, but I am really trying to adapt to a new eating lifestyle permanently. In many ways I am having a lot of success.

I haven't had a Diet Coke or soda in 24 days. I have cut my gum habit down from several packs of Extra a day to one piece of sugar free gum after lunch most days... I've also cut WAAAAY back on caffeine as I am not much of a coffee drinker. These are all awesome changes I am hoping to keep long term.

Weight today: #173.0.

Thus far I have lost 12.8 pounds.

I did manage a 30 minute walk at work yesterday.

Evenings are still difficult as sweets abound in the house. Last night I ate one piece of laffy taffy & one tootsie pop. After dinner, I just WANT sweets. It is awful.

Well, I have a long way to go to my first goal weight of #145, but I am really trying! Motivation is so key.

:thumbsup2

This weekend was really extraordinary. First of all, I tried to be aware of what I was eating. I kept taking the hHCG but I knew that I would be drinking and probably eating richer than normal.

Friday I was fine at work. I discovered we were going to Pere Marquette Lodge that afternoon. On our way, I did drink a small McDonald's hot chocolate without whip cream. It was almost too sweet. When we checked in at the lodge, there were candles, rose petals strewn about, chocolate covered strawberries, & champagne. A sweetheart package! That included dinner in the lodge!! I ate 2 of the strawberries and over the course of the evening enjoyed the champagne. No exercise that day... Dinner was a salad, 1 ate one dinner roll with butter, broccoli, and an awesome steak wrapped in bacon and gouda cheese with shrimp & crab. BC of the holiday, we got a free lava cake. It was excellent, but I ate half of it only.

On Saturday, I managed to just eat my fruit for breakfast like normal. I did 30 minutes of pool exercise in the afternoon. DH surprised me with a 90 min massage! It was awesome! How could I say the diet doesn't allow such!? Afterwards we went to a popular bar. I drank 2 bud light limes, 12 peel/eat shrimp, 1 svg bar popcorn, and 1/2 of a burger. Not great. For dinner we agreed to try a fish place. Almost everything was unhealthy. I had broiled tilapia and managed not to eat it all so I had to be close to 5-6 oz instead of the 8oz advertised. Instead of salad I had candied yams and green beans. There were no 'healthy' sides. I ate 2 hush puppies too. Drank ice tea. That night I drank several glasses of shiraz.

Sunday, chopped ice in the afternoon for at least a half hour + when I got home. I over ate at breakfast but focused on fruit and eggs. Lunch I think I skipped. Dinner, shared a dinner salad with DH and a serving of mostaccioli. Ate one slice of pizza thin crust.

Today is back on track day. Weight: #171.6 :flower3:

I checked my BMI & I have moved from obese into overweight category.

I am dressed to exercise later today. I had coffee and an orange for breakfast.

Hopefully now I can really kick through the rest of this VLCD phase as I hope all of my party days are over!

Well, I know I can't expect to lose weight if I eat poorly and don't exercise. Of course my snotty sugar craving self doesn't want to accept that statement. I got sick and went off the diet for sometime.

Today I am feeling better and I am going to finish this thing up. I am going to go until my drops are gone. I really need to focus on wanting to lose some pounds so I can restart a running plan and feel confident on the beach this summer!

Wt: #176.6

Breakfast- 1 med apple (95), 34 oz water, 24 oz herbal tea
Lunch- 12 oz diet coke, broccoli slaw (35), cottage cheese (90), salsa (20), grissinis (72).

Hang Tough!

2/28 Wrap Up
Very tired in afternoon. No exercise. Took DS to karate. It was too chilly to walk outside.

Dinner: MCD SW Grilled Chicken Salad with small amt of dsg (360)
3 mini tootsie rolls (32)
Total Calories: 704

Weight today: #175.0

I drank water well yesterday. Tonight I have book club. I plan to bring a salad to eat. I am still dragging with cold so will try to tackle exercise issue on Wed. Just trying not to snack at night is enough of a battle right now.

3/1 1 med orange (62)

Today's weight: #173.8

Did great overall.

Lunch: grissini (72), salsa (15), 4 oz chicken breast (186)
DInner Mcdon SW chicken salad with little dsg (360)
Late night: messed up with some mini choc bars (252)
Tot cal 947 (way too high!)

Bx today: 1 med apple (95)
34 oz water and one 12 oz herbal tea so far.

:rolleyes:

#180.2
Vitamuffin - 90c
3 bottles H2O =
Breakfast Vitasandwich- 150c
Medium Apple- 100c
20 oz dc
luna bar 180c

Dinner: 1 c blueberry juice (approx 100c), 1 ear corn grilled (approx 70 cal), 4 oz chicken breast (186c), beans bold/spicy (100c), yogurt with m/ms (180c).

Snack: spklg water (16.9 oz) + 90 c popcorn.

Exercise: 30 min walking at work: 30 min LS walking at home.
Total c: 1250

No weight today. I forgot.

Walked 25 minutes at work today. Walked 1.2 mi at home. 10 min LS walk.

Vitamin muffin top -90c
1 med apple - 100c
3-4 0z chicken - 186c
corn on cob - 70c
water - 4*170z @ work
NO diet coke today! Yay!

Dinner: 170 c tater tots, bun -84c, hamburger patty approx 300c, cheese - 80c. Misc pickles/ketchup/dsg at lunch (45cal approx?), blueberry juice mixed in water (65 c).

Total: 1190

Doing OK!

Last night I had 150c of marshmellows. Total C readjusted: 1340

Friday weight: #177.0 Nice.
Calorie Calculator @ 177 = 1850 calories at active level
BMI: 31.4
Goal #1 170
Gift: facial
Goal #2 165
Gift: massage

Bx: vitatop 90c muffin. 95 cal apple.
Lunch: 100 cal cottage cheese, 200 cal chicken, 1 sm piece cookie cake (est 180 cal).
Water: 3*17 oz thus far.

I felt achy all weekend and did not do any physical work outs. Flu shot connection???

Tried to eat within reason from Fri PM through Sunday. Weight on Monday and Tuesday was #178.2. Today #175.2.

I have switched to some almond milk shakes for breakfast. Not too bad so far.

Today: almond shake with 3/4 banana & ice (132 c)
Lunch: 1 med apple (90c), organic black bean soup (300c as I ate nearly the whole box), 100c of whole grain melba toast.

Attitude is sort of cautious. I know how to eat healthy and I really do quite well until two trouble points: eating out for dinner and snacks at night. So I need to be extra cautious during these times and just keep my butt moving.

Peace :cool2:

My hands are aching from all of the painting I did this weekend. Keeping busy kept my weekend snack fest down though! Our bedroom has been white for 14 years, but now it is a lovely blue green.

When I ate out this weekend I made some very good decisions. On Saturday night, I had tilapia. I did not drink alcohol either though I did drink a boatload of my new favorite sweet drink - horchata. BUT bc I was so full and that drink was sweet, I did not have any dessert that night! On Sunday I split a meal with my DH so my protein amount was spot on. Did eat some of DS's dessert & it was nice to share.

Today's weight: #173.0
My goal is a facial at #170, so I might start looking at Groupons to get that one in.

My next self gift will be at #165. I am starting to think about what it might be and I think just thinking about taking care of myself is a bit of a motivator.

I bought some food for work today and kept out of the diet coke too!

;)

Well I think I am over the Halloween candy.

Weight today: 173.0

This is OK as no gain & I allowed a week of Halloween candy access.

Focusing in to increase exercise this week. I have been drinking shakes in the am made with varying kinds of milk, fruit and ice. Moving into fall with soups for lunch.

Well my weight starting off is not much different than where it has been over the past 3 years. I have really struggled when I look back over these posts. I feel different this time around. Mainly bc I know this is a lifetime battle for me. I can't be on some diet for a few weeks or months and not expect the weight to return ( & then some). My family has obesity in its women, so I know that not exercising and eating like a midwestern girl really isn't working for my family or me. Time to go my own way as I don't like looking like a frump!

I am really blessed that I got an adult toy to throw at this problem to make it MUCH easier. I got an iPad for Xmas. Luckily for this journal, I can now track my calories, my weight and my exercise online with that. I also downloaded a crap load of exercises. I also am trying to start running again, though in January that might be a little iffy. So now I can juse use this for my musings.

So just for the record, I started back on 1/3 at 178. Today's weight, about 2 weeks in is 174.4.

During the day at work I try to keep a log of what I am eating/doing so when I get home I input my calories and exercise before I eat dinner so I know where I am at. My resolve about my night eating is really holding firm! I am really proud of myself. Last night was a splurge night. I allowed myself a small fry at McDonalds. They were hot and wonderful. I ate a Southwest Salad too with very little lf dsg. When I got home from running all around all night, I really wanted a little something. I actually measured out the serving size of some trail mix. And that little 3T was enough. With a large glass of ice water. Unbelievable!

So here are my interventions:
1. My Fitness Pal
2. Trying to work out or walk at least 30 min qd
3. Wearing a pedometer for work trying to hit 10,000 steps qd
4. I bought a vitamix and have been doing fruit smoothies for breakfast
5. I am increasing my use of stairs at work for steps and endurance
6. Firm calorie counting is helping me focus on my trouble time - NIGHT SNACKING!

My first goal is to continue these efforts. My second goal is to lose 17 Pounds. Although I am still overweight at #161, it is just a great start and a good place to reassess how things are working for me. Because this is my life, not a diet.

Peace to me. 'Leen

Making change is hard to set new habits. I did enjoy my birthday and had too many calories for 2 days, but seeing that helped me rein in a little in subsequent days too. Weight remains at #174.4

1. My Fitness Pal - tracking along well. I think it says I have gone 15 days straight now!
2. Not quite at the 30 min qd yet, but doing pretty well!
3. Averaged 3.01 miles qd last week. I really bombed on my bday and Sat.
4. Fruit smoothies have commenced.
5. Stairs doing pretty good. I've added about an extra 14 floors of stairs qd.
6. Night snacking is pretty under control thanks to My Fitness Pal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter