Special Events- Birthday Celebration Ideas Needed!

areno79

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I am planning my 40th birthday for this coming May. DH and I are staying at the Poly, which I've always wanted to stay at. Originally we were going to go to DLP for my birthday but recently decided to become DVC members instead.

So, I am looking for ideas to make this birthday trip extra special. I'm looking for ideas for tours, events, dessert parties, restaurants, etc...basically anything that will make this trip stand out from others we've taken.

DH asked me what my "perfect" Disney day would be, and the only thing I could think of was eating dinner at California Grill because I seriously love the Filet there.

I'm wondering what types of tours are recommended? I've never done a tour but I think that might be the kind of thing that would really make the trip stand out!

You already mentioned the dessert party, which is a great idea. Have you considered an the illuminations cruise or the monorail dinner (forget the real name)

You already mentioned the dessert party, which is a great idea. Have you considered an the illuminations cruise or the monorail dinner (forget the real name)

I'm wondering what types of tours are recommended? I've never done a tour but I think that might be the kind of thing that would really make the trip stand out!

If you're a Haunted Mansion fan, Marceline to the Magic Kingdom is definitely worth it. You go underneath the ballroom and get to see how they make that effect. It's also a short tour, 3 hours in the morning, so it doesn't take up your whole day or anything. Highly recommend. :)

I did look at the Highway in the Sky Dine Around, but we have California Grill planned for my birthday dinner. I was thinking of doing my own monorail tour though. The Illuminations cruise sounds like a cool idea too. I never had considered it before but with Illuminations going away it sounds like my birthday would be a good excuse to try it out!

If you're a Haunted Mansion fan, Marceline to the Magic Kingdom is definitely worth it. You go underneath the ballroom and get to see how they make that effect. It's also a short tour, 3 hours in the morning, so it doesn't take up your whole day or anything. Highly recommend. :)

Ooh, I hadn't heard of this one! That sounds SO cool! Some of the tours just seem way too long and I don't want to feel like a hostage LOL Thanks for the suggestion!

Ooh, I hadn't heard of this one! That sounds SO cool! Some of the tours just seem way too long and I don't want to feel like a hostage LOL Thanks for the suggestion!

LOL our tour guide made that exact joke--"after 3 hours, it's no longer a tour, it's a hostage situation!". Yea, I *highly* recommend this one. Just going behind the scenes at the HM is amazing, and if you're at all a HM fan, they walk you through the queue and all the fun special touches and inside jokes. It's great.

Of the several tours I've done, my favorite was "The Magic of our Steam Trains", but that one might be shut down during your visit, in connection with upcoming Tomorrowland construction, not sure.

Another fun splurge is the amphicar ride at Disney Springs. It's pricey, but if you're a passholder you get a small discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter