Special event AND a holiday?! Yep, crazy. 10/21 - Link to TR up!

Can't wait to see the food from the World Showcase:cool1: We like the Land too :thumbsup2

I'm still following along! I like the "non-touring plan - touring plan" quip.

I'd like to try that croissant berry pudding, but I'm not sure that I'll ever be in the vicinity at breakfast time....being the victim of a touring plan, and all. ;)

Can't wait to see the food from the World Showcase:cool1: We like the Land too :thumbsup2

:laughing: Are we that obvious that we'll be eating :rotfl:

I'm still following along! I like the "non-touring plan - touring plan" quip.

I'd like to try that croissant berry pudding, but I'm not sure that I'll ever be in the vicinity at breakfast time....being the victim of a touring plan, and all. ;)

Send Judy over for FPs at Soarin' and then surprise her with some Croissant Berry Pudding. It's a win-win :thumbsup2

Next week starts Pre-Season.

I'm super excited. GO EAGLES
Eagles.jpg

Now I'm all caught up...finally! And thanks so very much for posting the Berry Pudding again:scared1: I'm starving! Think I will have to make some tomorrow night.

Great update, Kelly. We are doing the exact same thing -- fastpasses for Soarin' and then having breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. And you can tell Geoff that I AM having the kids' french toast. :)

Now I'm all caught up...finally! And thanks so very much for posting the Berry Pudding again:scared1: I'm starving! Think I will have to make some tomorrow night.

I wish I had enough people around here to eat all it would make!!

Great update, Kelly. We are doing the exact same thing -- fastpasses for Soarin' and then having breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. And you can tell Geoff that I AM having the kids' french toast. :)

You should try a bit of the Pudding!! :goodvibes

As our non-Touring Plan continued, we mosied over to the World Showcase.

We stopped here to admire the last bit of Flower and Garden that remained:
IMG_0133.jpg

And to debate...left or right? Right won, as it was too early for a margarita.

We headed into the UK pavilion and strolled through the stores.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

This was the Pooh & Friends area all boarded up. I was curious to see if they were moving it, but apparently just refreshing it. Oh. Not as exciting news as I thought.

From the UK, we headed over the bridge to France to walk through their stores:
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

We decided to watch the movie since I haven't seen it in years.
IMG_0141.jpg

We were the only ones in the room waiting, and I think the CMs thought we were just looking around because no one could possibly want to see the movie at 1120...right? :laughing: In a few minutes, more people came in, so one of them came in to start the movie. It was nice, I'm glad I watched it again. It makes me want to go to France...which I guess is kind of the point.

Next up was Morocco, and lunch.

IMG_0142.jpg

It was a little early, but we were determined not to back track, so lunch it was!

IMG_0143.jpg

We split the combo platter:
IMG_0144.jpg

Here's a tip: don't eat there early. I swear we had the left over pieces from the day before. Still okay, just not as great as it usually is.

We did a little more shopping in Morocco. (I was looking to see if I could find a floppy sun hat.)

IMG_0145.jpg

My Dad's afraid of snakes, but my Mom likes weird jewelry (she has an octopus ring she calls her Ursula ring...) So I sent her this and told her she could scare my Dad:
IMG_0146.jpg

He picked up the phone apparently and wasn't happy with me :confused3

Our next stop was Japan...this is becoming predictable, huh?

IMG_0126.jpg

I tried to get Geoff to buy me Mikimoto pearls, but he told me I should get a good commission check :confused3 It was worth a shot.

I have a love affair with black Mikimoto pearls. For my birthday he asked me what I wanted, so I sent him a link to a picture of an $80,000 necklace. I didn't get it :sad2: (He did get me a black pearl necklace and matching earrings :hug: )

Our next stop was America...which I now always hear as if Sam Eagle was saying it...where we stopped and listened to the Voices of Liberty. Always a favorite of mine.

Close up!
IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

And since this feels like a natural stopping point...I'll stop here. Next up: We continue our tour around the world!

Not really TR related, but I was playing with some of the editing options on my one app and this is how the France picture from the bridge above turned out, thought I'd share! I'm a big fan of the way the first one turned out, if I do say so myself!!

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Send Judy over for FPs at Soarin' and then surprise her with some Croissant Berry Pudding. It's a win-win :thumbsup2

I like the way you think!

Not really TR related, but I was playing with some of the editing options on my one app and this is how the France picture from the bridge above turned out, thought I'd share! I'm a big fan of the way the first one turned out, if I do say so myself!!

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

I like the second one -- it looks like an old-time postcard.

And regarding the last chapter, I've got "movie in France" and the show in the American pavilion (is it "the American Experience"?) as 'must do's' for our next trip.

I've heard people suspect before that early lunches in Morocco might contain items left from the night before. But I might have heard it from you....sometimes I forget who said what. :laughing:

I like the way you think!

I like the second one -- it looks like an old-time postcard.

And regarding the last chapter, I've got "movie in France" and the show in the American pavilion (is it "the American Experience"?) as 'must do's' for our next trip.

I've heard people suspect before that early lunches in Morocco might contain items left from the night before. But I might have heard it from you....sometimes I forget who said what. :laughing:

I think it was me. I think I said about the same thing on my DR :lmao: Oops.

I think on my Solo trip I'm going to try and see a lot of the movies. That's my goal anyway, we'll see how it goes.

And I like the first one because I think it looks like an old time postcard. Funny!

I like the second edited photo!:thumbsup2 Very cool! Now....just go back and redo all your pics...:laughing:

I like the second edited photo!:thumbsup2 Very cool! Now....just go back and redo all your pics...:laughing:

Haha, yeah, I used just my iPhone for the pictures this trip. Some are fine, but most aren't great. I mean, they'd be fine for personal use since I've been so many times, but not for TR use! I'll be taking our fancy new camera we bought for the honeymoon down in September so I can get used to it.

:)Haha. I have 3 trips on the webpage now :dance3: I really am enjoying the world showcase through your eyes. Especially since I am taking DH for F&W. We never have a chance to check everything out because the kiddos would rather be in Future World

:)Haha. I have 3 trips on the webpage now :dance3: I really am enjoying the world showcase through your eyes. Especially since I am taking DH for F&W. We never have a chance to check everything out because the kiddos would rather be in Future World

Oh my goodness, F&W is fantastic! This is the first time in 5 years I'm not going :sad2:

Great update, Kelly, I love World Showcase...so much to see and do and the scenery is beautiful.

I've got to remember to put Voices of Liberty on my NOT TO MISS list as we missed it last year and Mark really enjoys this.

Great update, Kelly, I love World Showcase...so much to see and do and the scenery is beautiful.

I've got to remember to put Voices of Liberty on my NOT TO MISS list as we missed it last year and Mark really enjoys this.

I love the Voices of Liberty. I started going in and skipping the American Adventure. I mean, I love the American Adventure, but I've done it so many times that I can recite it. I just can't give up seeing the Voices of Liberty at least once! :goodvibes

When I left off, we were just leaving America.

Our next stop was Italy. I found these spoons:

IMG_0128.jpg

And totally fell in love. I asked if they had a Disney Visa discount (they didn't) but she said they had an AP discount. Sweet! :thumbsup2 It was then I discovered that most every shop (except alcohol) you could get an AP discount at. Awesome :woohoo:

Our next stop was Germany, where I went crazy in the caramel shop (also an AP Discount!!)

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

This is my favorite snack:
IMG_0153.jpg

They're so chewy, and surprisingly not sickeningly sweet. While I had my caramel treat, Geoff went to the back of the pavilion and got a wine flight.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

The Apple Wine was actually pretty good, so we took a picture of the bottle in case we ever wanted to find it at our local store...
IMG_0157.jpg

We did a little browsing through China, but I apparently kept my Phone/Camera in my pocket because I have no pictures.

Then it was off to Norway! And some trolls!

IMG_0158.jpg

While we were waiting for Maelstrom, we decided that we really didn't want to go back and ride Soarin' or Test Track because grabbing a seat at La Cava del Tequila sounded like a much better idea. So I put out a notice on the Chat portion of "Lines" (the Touring Plans App) that we had the Fast Passes up for grabs and where we could be found in about a half hour if anyone was interested.

After Maelstrom we grabbed some School Bread for my Mom for breakfast the next morning (Geoff got one too) and headed over to Mexico!

IMG_0159.jpg

We grabbed a table in the back corner, where we stayed for a good hour and a half. We had some chips and dip, each had a margarita, and Geoff had some tequila too. In this time, we saw two families come in. I won't go through my rant about that again here, if you're interested on the details of that, check out my DR (but really, who brings toddlers to a tequila bar?)

Mural:
IMG_0163.jpg

Unfortunately, there were no takers on the FPs through the Lines App, so we wound up giving them away to a couple sitting behind us. I hope they used them. I told them they were still good since the times had expired, but most people don't understand that :confused3 (Which is why I was hoping I could give them to Disney fans!)

We had one more stop to make on our way out...
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

You'd think he'd be done by now...

IMG_0167.jpg

Interestingly enough, there was a rumor going around that Rome wasn't burning (aka not smelly.) It wasn't! I found it to be glorious since I always have to hold my breath and hope we don't stop through that section since the smell gives me a headache! I wonder if they "fixed" it?

On our way out:
IMG_0170.jpg

Our unlucky spot :sad2:
IMG_0172.jpg

Up Next: A stroll to POR and pictures around FQ!

When I logged into the Disney Site this morning I saw this! :banana:

8-15-20119-19-13AM.jpg

BUT! When reading the Mousesavers Newsletter this morning, I found out that Casey's Corner will be closed during my stay. Which means NO CORN DOG NUGGETS!! :scared1: :sad1: I am sad.

I also haven't received my ME documents. I'm not checking bags, but I don't really want to wait to get on the bus to get ticketed for it. I'm giving them until tomorrow and then I'll contact my TA to see what's going on.

Also: these pictures hurt my eyes. I promise to take a regular camera on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!