Sparkling glass of phospho soda, anyone???

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
YUCK! *GAG*

Have any of you ever had to drink phospho soda before?? I've been on a clear liquid diet all day today because I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow. At 7pm tonight I had to drink half of a bottle of phospho soda. Only 1.5 ounces... "How bad can it be?" I thought. The doctor had even told me I could mix it with clear fruit juice. Well..... *UGH* That stuff is the grossest thing I've ever had in my mouth and swallowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm so lucky, I get to drink the other half of the bottle tomorrow morning... :rolleyes:

I'm sitting here trying hard to keep my mind off of how nauseous I feel right now.... :(

Sending prayers and pixie dust for the procedure! When I had that upper G.I. I have no idea what that stuff was but oh my it was nasty....I just sat there and was saying to myself I will not puke, I will not puke.....and I didn't! Good luck again!

Seaspray....so sorry you are having to drink that nasty stuff!!! I have never been on the receiving end of it but I have administered it to many poor folks! From what I remember, all of my patients said it was much easier to get down if it was icy cold.
Good luck in the morning...and tonight! Got a good book in the bathroom?!?

My best for you in the AM, Terry. If you never had the actual procedure, it really is not all that bad, certainly a lot less than what people make it out to be. Now, I would rather go for a spin on Space Mountain, but it is not that bad. Take care, my best wishes.

If it makes you feel any better, drinking the phospho concoction is the worst part (okay, that and running to the bathroom). I had a colonoscopy last Nov. , and it was no big deal. No one should allow fear of this procedure to prevent them from having it. Good luck tomorrow Seaspray!

I had the ginger flavored and mixed it with seven up. I just pretended it was gin and tonic and slugged it down fast. I wouldn't want to have to drink it on a regular basis but I didn't think it was all that bad :)

Friday morning 6:37am:

I just drank the other half of the bottle. I mixed it with apple juice but I still gagged while drinking it.

Dream: I did have it in the fridge! LOL Yesterday morning my manicurist gave me that hint too :) I guess it did help to have it cold because it mixed better with juice.

kteacher: Since I already have IBS, I am used to the "running to the bathroom" part. lol And you're right, drinking this small amount of liquid, mixed in with fruit juice, isn't BAD....it's just not all that tasty, and I have heard the same thing, that the actual procedure is overwith before you know it! Amen to sedation!:teeth:

Katholyn: This was "ginger-lemon" flavored, according to the box...I mixed it with juice and tried not to taste it at all. It was very bitter and I think that's what I didn't like. Maybe mixing it with something carbonated like you did would've been better!

Beauty, Dan, and dizneenut: Thanks so much for the good wishes, I appreciate that a lot :)

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

I walked into the hospital this morning at 9:30am and was wheeled out in a wheelchair (hospital policy) at 11am! The procedure was quite painless! I was given an IV, then wheeled into the room where they do the test, and then they gave me some drugs to make me relaxed....and then next thing I know I'm looking at my insides on the color screen. Didn't feel a thing! LOL The doctor said everything looked normal and I have no polyps, so now I can wait another 10 years, till I'm 50, before I'd need to have another one done.

Like Kteacher said, if you need to have this done, it's a painless procedure, don't be afraid to schedule it if your doctor suggests it.

P.S. I just found that there are now pills you can take the day before and the morning of the procedure, rather than having to drink the phospho soda!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter