Spaceship Earth to close for 2+ years?

I just hope they change that horrible (to me) loading with the moving platform. I get so scared on that thing! Last time they slowed it to a virtual stop for me and I was still afraid to step on it. It's too bad because I love the ride once I'm on it.

Will add also, he is not surprised on length of renewal time needed, as there is no good way to get equipment to SSE while park is open and do refurb due to not alot of space, and the ride vehicles are extremely difficult to get out, and takes a great deal of time to do that work

makes sense - if you watch any of the videos of when it was first make it was all sort of done together with the track intertwined in the structure, etc. - so if it needs heavy track work that can't be easy

I actually like the ride as is, but that is because we spend our time laughing at just how outdated the tech is.
It is a must do during F&W so if it is closed for 2 years I'll be a little disappointed since I was planning on going next fall.

Will add also, he is not surprised on length of renewal time needed, as there is no good way to get equipment to SSE while park is open and do refurb due to not alot of space, and the ride vehicles are extremely difficult to get out, and takes a great deal of time to do that work

Total supposition, but I could see how removing ride vehicles would be difficult. You'd need a heavy-duty braking mechanism if you were removing vehicles at the bottom. Gravity would be working against them.

Well we will make sure to get a few extra rides in this trip just in case. It's arguably DH's and my favorite ride in Epcot (nostalgia plays a BIG factor, admittedly). I am not sure if I am ready for a complete overhaul. Update sure, but please keep it close to what it currently is! I finally convinced my BFF to come to WDW with me in 2020. Really hope we get lucky enough to hit Guardians and this before it goes down!

Then they can add back that little animation of the horse-drawn chariot while they're at it.

That and turn the kid around with the newspapers, yelling, "extra, extra."

I seriously think sometimes that the last time the ride was updated something happened to his face, and the imagineers just said, "turn him around, people will get to see his good side that way." :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter