Space restaurant

Does anyone know when this is supposed to open? Our dining window opens up soon.

Haven't read anything about a lounge or a cafe.
Hoping it is open when we come back in April.

Seems like I saw a bar in one of the concept drawings that was in the main dining area. So, it wasn’t a separate lounge.

Seems like I saw a bar in one of the concept drawings that was in the main dining area. So, it wasn’t a separate lounge.

I am not even sure if there will be that - or at least, I haven't seen any in concept art. In this one picture it looks like some sort of baron the left - but seems like a separate area or that those are even screens? Not clear to me at least

The D23 panel said by the end of 2019. Photos from the outside of the building don't look that close, but maybe the inside is much further along.
Haven't read anything about when they will start taking ADRs. If they are opening the end of 2019, I would expect ADRs to open soon.

The D23 panel said by the end of 2019. Photos from the outside of the building don't look that close, but maybe the inside is much further along.
Haven't read anything about when they will start taking ADRs. If they are opening the end of 2019, I would expect ADRs to open soon.
As I think was stated previously, Disney said Space 220 would open in the winter. But winter under Disney’s definition includes January and February.

And unfortunately I don’t think ADRs will become available until a few weeks prior to opening. The last few restaurant openings didn’t have ADRs available until either a day or so before they opened or even after they were opened.

I'll be there the last week of December and the first week of January so I am also hoping for some clarity. There is a big difference from opening by the end of 2019 and opening by the end of the 2019/2020 winter season. But unfortunately if their using the winter season as the suggested time frame its because their not close enough to give a hard date so I can't see them opening anywhere near the beginning of the season. Let's hope they plan on opening by end of 2019.

Yeah winter is December 21-March 21. Winter 2019 to me would mean January -March 2019, which is clearly not the case. I hope they offer some clarity soon.

Is that the generally accepted was of thinking about it? I'd personally assume the winter *starting* in 2019 if I heard 'winter 2019'. Possibly because I think of the seasons as Spring through Winter, rather than Winter through Fall.

Is that the generally accepted was of thinking about it? I'd personally assume the winter *starting* in 2019 if I heard 'winter 2019'. Possibly because I think of the seasons as Spring through Winter, rather than Winter through Fall.

Yes, in general speaking when someone refers to the "2019 winter" those dates would be from December 2019 to March 2020. So unless it was specifically said to be open during the winter but by the end of 2019, then I wouldn't expect anything this year cause the actual winter season goes until March.

I think the confusing point is back in May Disney announced it would open "later this year" - meaning 2019:
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...ce-themed-restaurant-to-open-later-this-year/
But then in August/D23 they didn't say "delay" or anything like that but they started using term "winter" rather than "later this year":
http://mickeyblog.com/2019/08/25/ne...-for-space-220-new-space-restaurant-at-epcot/
So winter can include late 2019, which is the last "date" Disney gave, but it can also be in 2020, so no one really knows I guess

Is this gonna be signature dining? Watched the the video the dis just put up about and they said it was but I can’t seem to find confirmation on that.

I don’t think they meant legit Disney signature I think that meant in terms of a must have reservation to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter