SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with posters above, looking early is the way to go. Honestly, I'm just going to do this for everything until that time changes. In retrospect it makes sense why logging on at 6 am I couldn't find so many reservations. They were probably gone!
I think the early time was just for the initial release. Those are not necessarily scheduled. I think subsequent ADR days will be normal, 5:45-6am ET.

Sorry if someone said so. I have caught up on the posts but maybe I missed something (wouldn't shock me)
Does the meal include a drink (non alcoholic of course)??

Sorry if someone said so. I have caught up on the posts but maybe I missed something (wouldn't shock me)
Does the meal include a drink (non alcoholic of course)??
I haven't been there yet, but I've read that no drinks are included (except for kids). Adults have to pay extra for any non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverage. After telling my dh, he says we're drinking water for that price point!

So they won’t let adults order from the kids menu, but what about kids who are 10? My 10-year old is not an adult and still eats like a child. She won’t eat anything on the adult menu. This is rather ridiculous. I’d be willing to pay the full adult price in order to let her order off the kids menu, but it sounds like that isn’t an option for kids who are over the age of nine.
We're going to space! After not being able to snag a reservation yesterday AM and checking endlessly all day for a cancellation, I was able to grab one for the date I wanted this morning! It's dinner instead of lunch and the time is later than I'd like (7:25p) but I'll take it. I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to modify it to an earlier time or a lunch reservation.

My 10 year old won't eat anything on the adult dinner menu; if it's true that we won't be able to pay the higher price for her to order from the children's menu, I might look into splitting our group up for dinner between two different restaurants. This experience is really for myself and my 11 year old who would happily eat the filet.
I’m waiting to learn if kids who are 10 are able to order from the kids menu but pay the full adult price. If my daughter, who is 10 and a child, is required to order from the adult menu, we will skip it.
I’m not aware of any restaurant at Disney that doesn’t allow this. As long as you’re willing to pay adult pricing every place we’ve been in Disney has been accommodating. My issue is more paying the adult prices for a 10 year old that’s never going to eat all her child portioned meal forget an adult portion.
My daughter is desperate to eat here for her 13th birthday, but the adult menu really won't appeal. I'm happy to pay the adult price for her, but to have a bigger portion of the kids selections. I really hope they change this rule.
Yep, the kids meal thing will be a deal breaker for us. My 14 year old will not eat anything on the adult menu. I’m willing to pay 55 for her Mac and cheese. They can keep the cards. If they say no, I will be ‘that person’ throwing a fit with the manager.
I'm not sure I've ever heard of anything more ridiculous than making a kid order from an adult menu.
All of this!!! I am in the same boat. My daughters are 11 and 13. My older one will eat the burger on the lunch menu but all of the apps are not kid friendly and asking 10 and up to eat those apps is ridiculous!! My 11 year REALLY wants to come here.

And I want to pay kids price for my still kids to eat a kid portion of food!!!! I am just bummed. And disappointed… grrr I hope it turns out after a few weeks they loosen the rule.

Just an update after yesterday morning's reservation rush/debacle. I've yet to receive ADR email confirmations beyond the very first one I received prior to the initial site crash. Granted, everything is showing correctly in My Plans, but I'm just curious if anyone else is missing confirmations? It almost seems like the system can't generate them post crash.
Same. No confirmation email but it shows up in My Plans. I did get an email for canceling my ADR that was in conflict with the 220 reservation. The cancellation was just seconds before I made the 220 reservation.

Also is there no bread? All the reviews I have seen there is no free bread. For 55$ a person "signature" I would expect some bread and oil or something.

Also is there no bread? All the reviews I have seen there is no free bread. For 55$ a person "signature" I would expect some bread and oil or something.
It's not really a signature, more like a dining/entertainment.

All of this!!! I am in the same boat. My daughters are 11 and 13. My older one will eat the burger on the lunch menu but all of the apps are not kid friendly and asking 10 and up to eat those apps is ridiculous!! My 11 year REALLY wants to come here.

And I want to pay kids price for my still kids to eat a kid portion of food!!!! I am just bummed. And disappointed… grrr I hope it turns out after a few weeks they loosen the rule.
There's one way for this to happen...people need to stop booking it!

What are they gonna do ask your kids for a driver's license? C'mon now you know you've pulled off the "oh he/she is only ____" before with a straight face. You think they're going to really want to start a fight in their new restaurant over a kid being 10 or 11 instead of 9? As long as it's not egregious...if your kid has a mustache then it's probably not going to work but otherwise I feel like most 12 and under will be just fine.

What are they gonna do ask your kids for a driver's license? C'mon now you know you've pulled off the "oh he/she is only ____" before with a straight face. You think they're going to really want to start a fight in their new restaurant over a kid being 10 or 11 instead of 9? As long as it's not egregious...if your kid has a mustache then it's probably not going to work but otherwise I feel like most 12 and under will be just fine.

Wouldn't they just have to ask to see their park pass? Adult tickets are 10 and up yes?

Here today and I know a few people had questions about the walk up process. We waited in line, maybe 30 minutes and we’re given a 3:15 return time. We could not request lounge, were told to ask at the podium upon return. We’ll skip it if the lounge isn’t available. I have lunch reservations in a few weeks with my sister.

Thanks @TammiMcMan!! What time did you get in line? Did you rope drop it, and did it seem like there were still plenty of slots available when you got to the front? We’re driving to Orlando Saturday morning to try to get in. Thank you!

Thanks @TammiMcMan!! What time did you get in line? Did you rope drop it, and did it seem like there were still plenty of slots available when you got to the front? We’re driving to Orlando Saturday morning to try to get in. Thank you!
Would also like to know. We are there this weekend and wondering if there will be any chance. I'm sure the weekend will be a lot harder to get than a week day.

Yeah, after Monday Epcot suddenly sold out for passholders, so I’m assuming that means all the locals who work and can’t make it there on the weekday all have plans to raid the line Saturday morning. 😞 I struck out on getting a reservation, though, so this weekend is my only shot in the near future. I’m hoping to at least be able to do the physical line for the lounge.

Did not rope drop. We are staying at Boardwalk and came in the back way, walked to Space 220 and were in line at about 10:35. About 30-35 minutes in line to put our name in. Crowds are pretty light today. One thing I will mention is that our return time was 3:15. When we go to the podium, there was a crowd of people waiting. Want to say maybe 75. They did not get the virtual registration and we’re waiting for any walk up availability in the lounge. We asked about a lounge seat and they had an opening at the bar, so we’re at the bar now.

I think the early time was just for the initial release. Those are not necessarily scheduled. I think subsequent ADR days will be normal, 5:45-6am ET.
I was on at 5:30 ET this morning for CG ADRs and it was open already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!