Space Mountain Halloween Overlay, and Halloween Fireworks!!

Yep! I agree. With yet another attraction to lure in October crowds, attendance will probably be sky-high! At least it won't all be concentrated in New Orleans Square - more people will be spread out to different areas of DL. The thing is, they need to do more with DCA. I know they have the TOTP there at night, but not everyone wants to pay extra for that. They need to do more with DCA in the daytime in terms of luring people in for Halloweentime AND for Christmastime. They already removed Santa from DCA last year, and now there are whispers that Santa's Reindeer Round Up may not be happening in DL this year at all (because of the BBQ being there), so Santa has to go and sit somewhere other than the 3 hotels!

I know. It's tough, but I have to take on for the team and do the 'field work' and 'research' so I can accurately report back to everyone!;)
Yeah! Reeeeeeaaaall tuff!! Somehow, I'm not feeling too sorry for you. :snooty:

J/K!!!

I think DCA is somewhat OK for Halloween, but for not for Christmas. I wonder what they will do with all the construction going on over there? The place where the Christmas tree use sit is gone. It would be pretty, if they could set in up in Sunshine Plaza and have Santa there!!!

Oh and for Halloween, they could decorate ToT again, and have random drops like WDW!!!:woohoo: Now that would bring some crowds over there!!!

So cool, especially since I will be there in mid-October! Everybody cross fingers that they do fireworks (just for me) on Columbus Day!

Strangely, the last time I rode Space Mountain (at DL) was during the Rockin' Space Mountain time. It's been since ... hmm ... 2001 since I rode the "regular" version. I did ride it at WDW last fall, but that's not the same;).

Thanks for the updates

PHXscuba

Yeah! Reeeeeeaaaall tuff!! Somehow, I'm not feeling too sorry for you. :snooty:

J/K!!!

I think DCA is somewhat OK for Halloween, but for not for Christmas. I wonder what they will do with all the construction going on over there? The place where the Christmas tree use sit is gone. It would be pretty, if they could set in up in Sunshine Plaza and have Santa there!!!

Oh and for Halloween, they could decorate ToT again, and have random drops like WDW!!!:woohoo: Now that would bring some crowds over there!!!

Santa does need to be somewhere other than the 3 hotels, and it sounds as though the BBQ may boot poor Santa out of his Reindeer Round-Up. I think they should put him in DCA just to make it a little more Christmasy there, but who knows...

There were reports last year that the ToT was kind of lame in terms of the Halloween decorations, and that there wasn't much to it. Is that true?

I notice that Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr are closed for chunks of time starting in August, and they are both reopening right in time for the official start of the Holiday season at DLR. Hmmmm.....they must be adding some new stuff in there. I know that Storybook Land has had some miniature Christmas trees and things in the past, but perhaps they are going to do an even bigger holiday display this year and go all out? That would be so cool.

Victoria or Matt (it is one of you, right?;))
Thank you so much for posting those pics for us. That looks way, way cool and I for one, am very excited to try it. I think it will make Space even more popular. Better get those FP's early in the day. :)

And Sherry, your comment about research made me think of the Cheerios commercial where people say "yeah, this is gonna be real hard, but I think I will manage somehow".

Looks really cool. Kind of silly two of their big attractions (SM and HM) are down during their huge D23 convention though!

Victoria or Matt (it is one of you, right?;))
Thank you so much for posting those pics for us. That looks way, way cool and I for one, am very excited to try it. I think it will make Space even more popular. Better get those FP's early in the day. :)

And Sherry, your comment about research made me think of the Cheerios commercial where people say "yeah, this is gonna be real hard, but I think I will manage somehow".

Oh yeah! I have seen that commercial! :lmao: Well, if I have to extend (snowball) my trip into a longer one in October JUST to report back to fellow DIS-ers on new Halloween stuff, I will just have to suck it up and do it. And then, in December, my favorite time of year at DLR, I will also HAVE to report on the holiday goings-on, and extend my trip then too!;) Oh well! This is very important information to learn, so all in the name of the DIS!

Interesting.

Sherry, are you seeing, like I am, a reason for PPH to be 221 throughout October now? :goodvibes

Interesting.

Sherry, are you seeing, like I am, a reason for PPH to be 221 throughout October now? :goodvibes

Yes!:lmao: I thought of that very thing earlier today when I read Tinkermell's first post! That definitely crossed my mind! That holding pattern may keep holding after all, darn it.

Oh that's exciting!! I wonder if they will have the fireworks showing outside of the weekends too... boy I hope so!!

I'm so excited to go on Sept 25th and be there for the first day of the Halloween fun. Space Mountain will be the first ride I hit!

TFS! I am soooooooooo excited!! :cool1::cool1:

I did a search and found these pics from the Hong Kong one.
1_db_2007_HKDL_SpaceMountain_GhostGalaxy1.jpg

1442661928_b8427224a4.jpg

That looks so cool! Reminds me of the "ectoplasm" wall projections in HM, in the seance room.

Now I'm going to have to sneak in a mini-trip between my summer & holiday trips...

Wow, can't wait! :cool1:

My favorite time of the year at DLR is Halloweentime and this should should be great too!

Cool ~ but I'm bummed, SM will be down for our DLR trip mid Sept. and it more than likely won't be running in WDW's MK for our early Oct. trip.

AWESOME!!! :woohoo: I can not wait to see both the fireworks & the Space Mountain overlay! Soooooooo excited!!! :maleficen

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.

How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!:confused3)

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!

FROM LA TIMES:

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain at Disneyland

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.

Was that in today's L.A. Times? I don't see it online yet on the L.A. Times site.

Anyway, other than the TOTP, it seems the article is focusing only on the new things being added, because they did not reference the Haunted Mansion Holiday or Woody's Halloween Round-Up. They had BETTER still be doing the HMH. I know the DLR website mentions HMH but that could always change.

How cool! I was worried that the FW would only be available for a hard ticketed event (like at WDW). So glad to hear they won't . Also, how cool that some of the villains will be around the parks. I have some pix of DD9 taken in 2004 or 5, with a bunch of villians. Jafar, Queen of hearts, and even the Sheriff from Robin Hood.

Looks like I'll definitely have to renew our AP sooner than I planned (hmmm, maybe that was Disney's plan all along!:confused3)

Those same villains mentioned in the article were in the parks last year, so that is nothing new, except they were not handing out treats. They were just posing for photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter