Space 220 - worth it or not?

One of the most overrated or just because it’s relatively new restaurants, that people must try.
This is a one and done, and even then get a lounge reservation so you don’t have to spend your money on such average food.

One of the most overrated or just because it’s relatively new restaurants, that people must try.
This is a one and done, and even then get a lounge reservation so you don’t have to spend your money on such average food.
I'm experimenting with the dining reservations part of the website, but lounge or restaurant seem to be completely booked at 60 days out. I agree though, that it'll be one and done. I'd just like us to experience the atmosphere. I think that will be fun. If I can get a lounge reservation I don't mind over paying for an over priced drink and appetizer.

I'm experimenting with the dining reservations part of the website, but lounge or restaurant seem to be completely booked at 60 days out. I agree though, that it'll be one and done. I'd just like us to experience the atmosphere. I think that will be fun. If I can get a lounge reservation I don't mind over paying for an over priced drink and appetizer.
It’s usually booked solid 60+5 days. When I book I would barely see any availability at 60+6 (evening maybe just a few ADRs). At 60+7 you have a higher chance for getting a lounge ADR for a smaller party. I would book 2 ADRs for 2 (they won’t combine ADRs or seat them closer, maybe first group can go ride Test track next door).

If you’re just looking you won’t be able to see availability past 60 days. Look for cancellations from today onwards to see when people cancel (I saw one ADR for 4 pop up the day before but the app froze-I was on modify screen and just looking but the app doesn’t let go of Space220 and I kept trying for almost an hour a so could see the availability off and on (the other prison probably won eventually), so we had to sit separately).

We went last week for lunch. The food was super good, one of the best meals we had on property.

It was also super expensive, even by Disney standards. Two adults, two kids, two cocktails and it was about 250 after tax/tip.

It was worth doing once but not sure that I would return.

I've dined there once on my own because I wanted to try it out and later I took a couple of friends so that they could experience it. The food and service was good. One of my friends was unhappy that there was no diabetic option for dessert, especially since it was a prix fixe menu. I would say that it's worth checking out once if you don't mind the price tag for the experience. But it didn't make my must do list for every trip.

We liked it, but it was one and done for us. The food was good, but I've had better locally for much less. I do like the fact that they went with the simple and classic theme of 'space' instead of using IP.

Seems like you are paying a LOT of money to watch images of space projected on TV screens. I doubt it would be practical to make the food elsewhere and then move it around the park. Perhaps they might do the prep for certain desserts centrally ahead of time, (bake a cake then cut into slices), but I doubt any entrees would be practical to do that way.

Any new Disney restaurant will likely be crowded since many have to give it a try. Imagine the crowd will thin out after having their initial experiences.

The initial experience of entering the restaurant was great.

The service was excellent.

The food was OK. We had 5 people, so a range of items were ordered. Some were better than others, but they had some interesting items. For example, the "Big Bang Burrata" salad I enjoyed. I also liked the Space Pad "Thai" more than my steak, which was just OK.

They have to keep things "safe" for a theme park crowd, but overall I was pleased that they offered some less-safe items.

After the initial entrance, I wished they would "rotate" the space station so Earth would fill each window at some point during the meal.

My view was mainly of the edge window, which stayed black. They need more activity in space. It needs to be a bit more memorable.

I supposed the danger of too much movement would not be ideal for some diners, some of whom struggle with any screen-based faux movement, but I think the current view is a lost opportunity to do a bit more.

The "worth it question" really comes down to whether you value a unique experience and it you would prefer this unique
dining experience over others at Epcot.

I still think the best experience and meal in Epcot is the Germany buffet, and would go there back there many times.

But if you have done that and want to try something different, Space is an interesting concept.

i was checking the app every 15 minutes when I was in Epcot and was able to score dinner. I felt it was one and done for me. I will say the waiter was great and now that I say that I should of went in the app and put in a good review. I forgot about that nice option. Anyway, the steak I had was the best that I have had in WDW, and maybe it was just cooked perfect, I use to get the Disney dining. Plan and just buy steak at all the table service or signature restaurants.

I am sorry about the experiences that have disappointed people. We have gone to Space 220 two or three times since it opened, and it is now on our list to return every time we are at Disney World.

I have had the steak several times and have not found it to be fatty or tough. I do not think it is as good as the steak at Monsieur Paul's, but other than that, I think it is fairly comparable to the steaks in most Disney restaurants. Maybe the steaks at the California Grill and at the Brown Derby are just slightly better. I thought it was better than the steaks at Tiffin's and at Steakhouse 71--distributed over time on various visits, so a direct 1-1 comparison is hard to make.

I like the atmosphere. Personally, I find it unique, clever, and restful. I like the very muted colors, with grey predominating, aside from the windows. We enjoy seeing all of the types of ships and space-walkers.

Our ages may play a role in this. We are of the age-cohort who were called into the elementary school cafeteria to watch the early space launches on a black and white television high in one corner of the room (a room which also served as the gymnasium outside of lunch hours, and as the gathering room for elementary school "concerts"). So we enjoy Space 220 quite a bit. I think we enjoy it more than our adult children.

It was a one & done for us. I'm glad we tried it but it isn't a favorite for us. We had lunch & we also had an evening lounge ADR that we canceled after our lunch.

I kind of had low expectations, but I really enjoyed my experience there. The food was quite good but I will agree it was overpriced for the experience. I would consider going again but probably eat at the lounge instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter