Space 220 - worth it or not?

We did Space 220 pre-fixe back when it was pretty new. It was a cool experience but not something we'd probably do again for quite some time. Heard good things about the lounge since it's much cheaper and you get mostly the same experience.

I am still amazed at the mixed reviews from this restaurant. have not dined there yet, so I still have no opinion. It seems most loved it or it was terrible. Interesting that there are few in the middle.

We went last July thought the food was lovely and I don’t normally eat theme park food we usually only book signatures. Experience was wonderful not to be missed in my opinion

I had a lunch ADR and honestly believe it to be the best meal that I've ever had on Disney property. I'm not a big salad/green food eater but I tore that burrata up, it was so good and the flavors were so well balanced. I also had the tuna that was seared to perfection! I didn't have a dessert but I also didn't have room for it. The service was top notch; my server was amazing, attentive without being pushy and I never felt rushed or neglected. I'd love to go again the next time I'm in Epcot. To me it was worth it!
I would 100% agree with you! We had a lunch ADR as well in mid June. I had the Salmon and thought it was marvelous. The atmosphere was amazing and the service was "stellar" (sorry couldn't resist). Our waiter kept asking if we needed refills, "maybe another space coke sir?" It was great. Overpriced, yes but have you been to Casey's?? Just saying for what you get it's really not that bad in a theme park.

Does anyone know if they are still giving out the collectable cards with the non-alcoholic drinks in 2023?

I was so excited to try this but it was massively underwhelming.
The elevator is pretty lame, the view of space is boring, nothing happens.
I could have designed this so much better, either just a Birds Eye view of Epcot or a slow moving view through the solar system.
What you are left with is an occasional vehicle or astronaut not doing anything, I never once believed I was in space.
The drinks were ok but better lounges in other parks such as Nomad.
Honestly, don’t bother

Does anyone know if they are still giving out the collectable cards with the non-alcoholic drinks in 2023?
Do ask the waitress. The first visit we asked 3 times and never received 4 cards (2 specialty drinks 2 kids meals). Second visit I had to ask twice and received them for kids drinks but she refused to give for the adult drinks (I’m pretty sure all the vloggers mentioned receiving them for adult specialty drinks).

And tricked us into buying the souvenir cup (I said no but she poured the kids drink into the cup anyway and said that’s how she does things when I questioned it and reminded her that we didn’t want the cup.) I thought she was giving some freebie for the fiasco we had with seating. I paid and didn’t realize she added it on until after she brought a new cup. So insist on no cup if you don’t want them (we already had 2 at home; kids don’t even use them again and we had no luggage space, had our bags packed ready to go at bell services).

We had lunch there last week and thought it was a good experience. Our waitress was very attentive and the food was really good. The appetizers were really, really good. I had the beet salad and my daughter had the blue moon cauliflower. We would go again.

Do ask the waitress. The first visit we asked 3 times and never received 4 cards (2 specialty drinks 2 kids meals). Second visit I had to ask twice and received them for kids drinks but she refused to give for the adult drinks (I’m pretty sure all the vloggers mentioned receiving them for adult specialty drinks).

And tricked us into buying the souvenir cup (I said no but she poured the kids drink into the cup anyway and said that’s how she does things when I questioned it and reminded her that we didn’t want the cup.) I thought she was giving some freebie for the fiasco we had with seating. I paid and didn’t realize she added it on until after she brought a new cup. So insist on no cup if you don’t want them (we already had 2 at home; kids don’t even use them again and we had no luggage space, had our bags packed ready to go at bell services).
Were you at the lounge or restaurant? I'm just curious since I want to buy a souvenir cup.

I thought you're automatically gifted cards for the visit. Guess I got lucky since I got one set per visit without asking. 😄

Were you at the lounge or restaurant? I'm just curious since I want to buy a souvenir cup.

I thought you're automatically gifted cards for the visit. Guess I got lucky since I got one set per visit without asking. 😄
First time it was at the restaurant for Dinner. They had just been open for about 2 months (we forgot to ask again after the third time; had other issues like missing dessert; missing allergy order, couldn’t cut the fatty overcooked steak etc).

Second time was at the lounge (better experience and menu and in and out in about an hour even with allergies).

First time we went during Jersey week and second time NYE week so I think the second time it was just that she initially forgot but was more than happy to give it for the kids drink.

First time we went during Jersey week and second time NYE week so I think the second time it was just that she initially forgot but was more than happy to give it for the kids drink.
We went during slow times, maybe that's why we always got the cards. 😀

The atmosphere was interesting and fun. The food was okay, but not worth the price.

I recommend trying it out at least once if you're interested. It was a one and done experience for me. I can see maybe going again years from now, if it's for grandkids or something.

We went mid-late July 2 non Alcohol drinks for Teens but no cards. None with the acholic drinks either.
We thought it was well worth the price however. I think it depends of what one eats. We had 6 different entrees and 5 different apps between 7. The less adventures which we only really had 1 received a larger portion was good the remaining the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Yes there is a price for the service and atmosphere. I much enjoyed the service over the atmosphere if it matters although the atmosphere was good as well. If you let yourself believe you are in space great if not well yes there is enough to be less then believable.

We went mid-late July 2 non Alcohol drinks for Teens but no cards. None with the acholic drinks either.
We thought it was well worth the price however. I think it depends of what one eats. We had 6 different entrees and 5 different apps between 7. The less adventures which we only really had 1 received a larger portion was good the remaining the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Yes there is a price for the service and atmosphere. I much enjoyed the service over the atmosphere if it matters although the atmosphere was good as well. If you let yourself believe you are in space great if not well yes there is enough to be less then believable.
It’s good to know I wasn’t the only one that didn’t get the cards with a specialty alcoholic drink.

It’s good to know I wasn’t the only one that didn’t get the cards with a specialty alcoholic drink.

They were never given with an alcoholic drink. I have gotten them twice (once in 021 & once in 2022) with the starship lemonade, a specialty nonalcoholic drink that costs $15. I didn’t have that drink the last time, but on the menu, it now comes with a glow cube. So I wonder if they’re giving that instead of the cards.

They were never given with an alcoholic drink. I have gotten them twice (once in 021 & once in 2022) with the starship lemonade, a specialty nonalcoholic drink that costs $15. I didn’t have that drink the last time, but on the menu, it now comes with a glow cube. So I wonder if they’re giving that instead of the cards.
They were given out for adult specialty drinks when we went a month or so after opening (see 15:30 min in the video). Maybe the vloggers ordered kids meals/drinks? DH ordered the same lemonade and didn’t get the cards.

In any case we had 2 kids meals (in souvenir cups) and a teen who ordered a kids drink so we at least we should have gotten 3 trading cards which we didn’t.

Kyle got them as well (I just saw this review) maybe it was just for vloggers as he does specify that they’re only given for kids meals or mock tails

These adults also got trading cards (you can see them next to the pop rocks packet)

Last edited:
We were excited to try it but found it a bit underwhelming though. Perhaps our expectations were too high. It was fun and no major complaints but was just ok. Likely a one and done for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter