Space 220 reservation strategy?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
This is our first WDW trip since the pandemic started and I’m trying to navigate procedural changes and snag a Space 220 reservation for a party of 6. I’ve attempted a few trial runs, using an atomic clock to watch until 5:59AM ET then I’ve hoped over to the app on my phone and started looking for a dinner slot 60 days out. I keep getting nothing. What should I be doing different? Do reservations open earlier than 6AM ET?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Reservations are often gone 60 days out. If you are staying onsite trying at the end of your trip will help.

I have heard that some things will go live a little early, so start trying at 5:30 Eastern.

As PP noted, it really has nothing to do with being 60 days out. Guests staying onsite who are checking in prior to you and have dates that overlap yours will always have an ADR advantage with the onsite 60+10 perk. If you are looking for something at exactly 60 days out, your chances of getting a reservation are slim to none. Are you staying onsite? If so, I would check for ADRs at the end of your trip to have a better chance. If you don't get a reservation, you can always stand in line for lounge, walk-up spots.

If you're staying onsite, book Space as late in your trip as you can and take advantage of the extra 10 day booking window.
I know it stinks, but all reservations are gone by 65 days out.
By 66 days out, you usually have a couple of oddball times, like 3:30 or 4:00 or so.
Some people have said that their reservation opened earlier than 6:00am EST. I didn't find that that was the case. Ours opened as soon as my iPhone hit 6:00 on the dot.

My recent experience was they opened way earlier than 6:00 am and I was figuring they would and started trying at 5:30 - I believe 5:40 they opened and were all gone within 10 minutes - I’ve found bookings for this some times and other times not - you just never know
Good Luck I hope you get one ! I found it frustrating that when I was in the restaurant so many empty tables knowing people could not get in

While I also haven't been back since the pandemic, the above 2 strategies have always worked well for me booking ADRs. First, like PPs have said, identify which ADR is your absolute top priority (Space) and focus first on the last full day of your trip, then move backward from that date. Second, log in at least a half hour before your booking window opens as you may catch a break with early access. Good luck!

All good advice here. (I got my reservation for day 6 of my trip, which was first available). If that fails, setting a dining alert with one of the many companies that offers them is a great way to be alerted if someone cancels, but you have to be quick.

Have you tried the lounge route? I’m wondering what that might involve in terms of wait time and what the quality of seats is like.

As PP noted, it really has nothing to do with being 60 days out. Guests staying onsite who are checking in prior to you and have dates that overlap yours will always have an ADR advantage with the onsite 60+10 perk. If you are looking for something at exactly 60 days out, your chances of getting a reservation are slim to none. Are you staying onsite? If so, I would check for ADRs at the end of your trip to have a better chance. If you don't get a reservation, you can always stand in line for lounge, walk-up spots.

I'd guess around an hour and a half for the lounge unless you are one of the first around 20 in line, which has both bar seats and tables and they will assign you to whatever is currently available. It may take longer for a large party. Not sure what you mean by the 'quality' of the seats. They did not have tables for six in the lounge and did not push tables together, so your party would probably be split.

I'd guess around an hour and a half for the lounge unless you are one of the first around 20 in line, which has both bar seats and tables and they will assign you to whatever is currently available. It may take longer for a large party. Not sure what you mean by the 'quality' of the seats. They did not have tables for six in the lounge and did not push tables together, so your party would probably be split.
This is helpful, thank you! By asking about the quality of seats, I meant to ask if the experience is still roughly on par with what you’d get in the normal restaurant - same view of the “space” windows, etc.

The reservations definitely open up earlier than 6am. We are going for 5 days over New Years, staying at FS so did not get the +10 advantage. First day for checking reservations I dutifully opened the app at 6am and there were some times available but of course the most popular ADRs were gone. Next morning, ten minutes earlier, reservations were available. Next morning 10 minutes earlier, same thing. Yes I was trying to get my sleep, lol. Last day was at 5:30am and reservations were open, still dont know for sure how early they open up, but 6am is a mistake. All times were EST. Should say I am saying all restaurants, not Space in particular.

My 60 day window was earlier this week. I started logging in via the website after 7am EST.. (so an hour later than reservation openings), and Space 220 was available all 8 days of my trip and all at "normal" dinner times. I adjusted my bookings throughout the course of the day/evening and Space 220 was available (less available, but still available all days). I made some more changes the next day or two, still had Space 220 on *most* but not *all* days... by day 5 after my window opened, I no longer saw availability. The point being, unless you are going peak season, trying to book peak day... don't stress... just log in the morning of your 60-day window and you'll have plenty to choose from.

And i can confirm that choosing "breakfast, lunch, dinner" returns poor results.. pick an hour kinda in the middle of when you'd like to eat, and you will see availability (they check in 3 hour blocks... so, if you put in 6pm, they check 5-7pm, I think)... they def. return a range... then just keep bumping you "requested" hour in or out around the range they provide - it's noted on the screen presented.

Also - since my window just opened, I'm going to be there mid-Janauary, a typical "slow" time - BUT I had availability for all the current "hard to get" up through about day 3-4 post window (BOG, CRT, Space 220, Olgas, SciFi, MK Fireworks parties, etc)... YRMV based on the season demand you are planning for.

Last edited:
My 60 day window was earlier this week. I started logging in via the website after 7am EST.. (so an hour later than reservation openings), and Space 220 was available all 8 days of my trip and all at "normal" dinner times. I adjusted my bookings throughout the course of the day/evening and Space 220 was available (less available, but still available all days). I made some more changes the next day or two, still had Space 220 on *most* but not *all* days... by day 5 after my window opened, I no longer saw availability. The point being, unless you are going peak season, trying to book peak day... don't stress... just log in the morning of your 60-day window and you'll have plenty to choose from.

And i can confirm that choosing "breakfast, lunch, dinner" returns poor results.. pick an hour kinda in the middle of when you'd like to eat, and you will see availability (they check in 3 hour blocks... so, if you put in 6pm, they check 5-7pm, I think)... they def. return a range... then just keep bumping you "requested" hour in or out around the range they provide - it's noted on the screen presented.

Also - since my window just opened, I'm going to be there mid-Janauary, a typical "slow" time - BUT I had availability for all the current "hard to get" up through about day 3-4 post window (BOG, CRT, Space 220, Olgas, SciFi, MK Fireworks parties, etc)... YRMV based on the season demand you are planning for.
That's interesting. We're there Jan 11-17 and when our window opened there were no Space 220 reservations available.

I don't fully understand this, but could someone explain the +10 part a bit more? I'm staying at animal kingdom in February and if I can book 70 days out instead of 60 would love that opportunity.

It’s not 70 days. Starting at the 60th day before checkin You may make reservations for the length of your stay for a max of 10 days. This saves you from having to make adrs each day at the 60 day mark. But the 60 day start remains. A split stay does not transfer, so if you have a split stay you will have to make your adrs at the 60 day mark for each reservation. No there is no loophole that allows split stay adrs all at once
hope that helps!

good luck. We had hoped to try it in October, but couldn't get in. Didn't try the stand by line, as it was WAY too long. I still really want to try it, but the many negative reviews, for a new restaurant does worry me. Not sure if the hype supersedes expectations, or the food just isn't that good. Hoping to find out on our next trip. Still planning to give it a chance, despite many bad reviews.

I might be in the minority here, but our ADR date was yesterday - we got a space 220 lunch on Day 3 of our 10 day trip, and it was the third reservation I made at 6 am and there was plenty of availability. I was surprised at how easy it was.

My only tip is definitely use a phone, I could not make a single ADR on a laptop. And click times, not Lunch or Dinner!

I had a reservation at Space 220 a few days ago. What surprised me was that two tables next to us basically left without ordering. It’s such a highly sought after reservation and I just don’t understand how you cannot know what is on the menu ahead of time or the price of it (the second table definitely left for the price after overhearing their conversation with the server). Maybe it’s just me but I have never booked a WDW restaurant without first looking at the menu.

I’m sure they made some standby people very happy, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!