Southwest question

danj1997

Mouseketeer
Flying southwest in May. My dad will be travleing by wheelchair. Are folding walkers allowed to stay with the passenger on the plane in the event a trip to the restroom is needed? He is mobile but requires assistance.

Answers to these types of questions can be found on your airline's website. Go to Southwest's and look for information on customers with disabilities.

Flying southwest in May. My dad will be travleing by wheelchair. Are folding walkers allowed to stay with the passenger on the plane in the event a trip to the restroom is needed? He is mobile but requires assistance.

As Pp stated, your best bet would be to contact the airline. I'm not sure how a walker would fit between the two rows though.

As Pp stated, your best bet would be to contact the airline. I'm not sure how a walker would fit between the two rows though.

You don't need to contact the airline, just check the website as I suggested. Storage is covered there. I don't know what you mean by a walker fitting "between two rows." Two rows of what?

Absolutely contact the airline for information.

I think your best option is to get him seated in the first row on the plane...aisle seat. There is a lav just a few feet forward of that row. I really doubt that there will be the space to use a walker so a quad cane might be best...along with the supporting arm of another adult.

Also, post on the disabilities board for tips on how to get around the aircraft with mobility issues.

You don't need to contact the airline, just check the website as I suggested. Storage is covered there. I don't know what you mean by a walker fitting "between two rows." Two rows of what?

I am thinking the two rows means two rows of seats if the walker is used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter