Southwest flights

Disney DayDreamer

Mouseketeer
I have been watching my flights to Orlando from Pittsburgh, and I didn't jump on booking our flight just yet. I was trying to get some other debts paid down off our cards before we charged our flights and I noticed our flights went from $168 to $178 last week to $188 today.

Does anyone know can the flights drop back down to the $168 price, or are they just likely to continue to climb higher at this point? We need 5 tickets - Aug 11-Aug 19.

Just curious. We haven't flown since 2018, and I know a lot has changed since the pandemic, so not sure if the flight could drop again or if at this point, I missed my chance at the best price and I shouldn't wait any longer.View attachment 749384

Google Flights has a predictor for this kind of thing and suggests when to buy.

Southwest flights can go up or down at anytime. I’ve gotten discounts at very random times over the years… late Thursday night, Sunday afternoon etc. You just have to check frequently. There is no magic time for lowest price.

How many tickets are you booking? Sometimes there are only a few seats at the lowest price, if you put in less amount, you might get a lower price for some of your group. Of course, then you’ll have 2 confirmation numbers. You could also book & then adjust if the price goes down. You’d get travel funds that don’t expire, but can only be used by that person.

The nice thing about Southwest is if cost does go down, you can incredibly easily "rebook" at the lower price/miles. It's not even a new ticket, you just "change" your flight - select the same flight - and you'll get credited for the difference. I do this with almost every Southwest ticket I buy.

Hi Neighbor! We have a round trip SWA flight booked from PIT - MCO next month. I booked them as soon as the calendar opened up. I check at least once a day for price drops and this time around they only dropped once so far and that was months ago. Our flight to MCO has gone up, while the flight home hasn't changed much.

We booked our August flights the day they came out. Ive now "rebooked" 3 times since the prices keep dropping. So I wouldnt be too concerned that they will keep just going up. They seem to fluctuate quite often even throughout the day.

The nice thing about Southwest is if cost does go down, you can incredibly easily "rebook" at the lower price/miles. It's not even a new ticket, you just "change" your flight - select the same flight - and you'll get credited for the difference. I do this with almost every Southwest ticket I buy.
Just did this...we have $40/pp in flight credits from the time we booked so far-before our trip in May..would love a couple more drops, but at $227 roundtrip per person now, I am not complaining!

I have two trips booked for this summer PIT-MCO and they have not dropped at all since I purchased. Since the number of nonstops from PIT-MCO was decreased, it seems the flights fill faster and price rises. I stopped getting excited when those $59 sale emails come- $168 seems to be the lowest for now.

I’m from Pittsburgh too. Fares are all over the place. I changed my flight last week for 4/19 to 4/18, took the 3:55pm flight and it was $99. I had the original flight on points, cancelled and got my points back, plus I had $72 in credits to use. So it was almost nothing. The 4/25 return has doubled since I bought it when the date opened. You have to keep watching it. Credits now have no expiration.

Thanks everyone! Some hope for price drops, but it seems like many of my "Yinzer" neighbors seem to show the history as either staying put or going up. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed, they drop again soon. I did notice the over all Low Fare Calendar shows over all cheapest flight for months before and after August as being $178, compared to when they first came out the lowest across the board seemed to be $168.klh1cowtsnh6yh1y[1].png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter