Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

For those that have recently completed trips - when did you get your pins or lanyard or whatever you were sent ahead of time that I’ve seen referenced in this thread previously? I leave 3 weeks from tomorrow and am curious what I’m getting and when it will arrive!

For those that have recently completed trips - when did you get your pins or lanyard or whatever you were sent ahead of time that I’ve seen referenced in this thread previously? I leave 3 weeks from tomorrow and am curious what I’m getting and when it will arrive!
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm a little under a month away and haven't gotten an itinerary or anything shipped to me.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm a little under a month away and haven't gotten an itinerary or anything shipped to me.
I haven’t received anything yet but I did just get a text from my friend I’m going on the ABD with - she received something today! We’re leaving on 5/15, so just over 2.5 weeks away.

Received a welcome package with some luggage related things on Tuesday (about an hour after my last post), and received my pins today!!

For those that have completed trips these last few weeks - when did you get your adventure handbook pdf? My TA thinks we’ll get it the first day of the adventure but wanted to check with you all.

Received a welcome package with some luggage related things on Tuesday (about an hour after my last post), and received my pins today!!

For those that have completed trips these last few weeks - when did you get your adventure handbook pdf? My TA thinks we’ll get it the first day of the adventure but wanted to check with you all.
My trip isn’t until 5/22, but I received the Adventure Handbook via email this morning.

My trip isn’t until 5/22, but I received the Adventure Handbook via email this morning.

Oh! Interesting ok. Since I booked through the TA, ABD has been sending emails to her and she forwards to me. I wonder if she missed that.

I know wait times are ridic but maybe I’ll try to call ABD directly tomorrow.

Oh! Interesting ok. Since I booked through the TA, ABD has been sending emails to her and she forwards to me. I wonder if she missed that.

I know wait times are ridic but maybe I’ll try to call ABD directly tomorrow.
I booked through a travel agent as well and my handbook was emailed directly to me. I haven't gotten any of the physical welcome package yet though.

Leaving Sunday morning!! I’m so absolutely excited. We received the last piece of the puzzle last night - the COVID liability waiver and the info on providing our vax info to Anvil. I had to call Anvil with a question and I cannot speak more highly about their customer service - I got someone immediately and it was one of the friendliest and most helpful customer service calls I’ve ever made. So helpful!

We are doing this tour at the beginning of June. We still need to book flights. We have to fly in on day 1 of the tour and out on the last day of the tour if we want transportation, correct? We would like to spend time at DL on the last day of the tour…is there a time that they stop transport or would they still take us to the airport if the flight was around 7pm? Thank you!

We have to fly in on day 1 of the tour and out on the last day of the tour if we want transportation, correct?
If you were to book pre-nights through ABD they would transport you from the airport (LAX) to the hotel whichever day you arrive. If you book pre-nights on your own, then its up to you to get to the hotel on the day the ABD starts.
We would like to spend time at DL on the last day of the tour…is there a time that they stop transport or would they still take us to the airport if the flight was around 7pm?
Transport from DL to the airport is by individuals. You'll be assigned a pickup time based on your flight time. Yes, you can make a 7 pm flight that day. I'm guessing they would pick you up at 3-4 pm. You would leave your luggage with bell services that morning to hold it until you come back from the park to go to the airport.

Quick question for the "on your own" night in Hollywood (day 2). Is a 6:30 PM dinner reservation late enough to be done the afternoon activity? There's a restaurant about a 15 minute walk from the hotel that I was able to get a table at and I wanted to be sure the timing was good.

Quick question for the "on your own" night in Hollywood (day 2). Is a 6:30 PM dinner reservation late enough to be done the afternoon activity? There's a restaurant about a 15 minute walk from the hotel that I was able to get a table at and I wanted to be sure the timing was good.
In my experience, it is difficult to schedule any dining reservations (inside or outside the DLR) during the tour, because the schedule, although planned, is not guaranteed to run exactly as planned. For example, if a part of the backstage tour cannot operate at the planned time (for various reasons), they may move it to a different time, or replace it with something else.

However, if you DO schedule something, just let your tour guides know (preferably the night before, or that morning), and they will do their BEST to accommodate your dining reservation. You may miss something, you may not.

The only time I distinctly remember having a large chunk of time on our own was when we visited Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (it had just opened a couple weeks earlier), and they gave us a long time on our own there.

Also, so you know, even though they call it "on your own" time, most of the time they still schedule something fun that you can do with them (optionally). For example, in hollywood, they told us we can meet them in Ghiradelli's for ice cream. On another tour (I've been on the tour twice), they instead invited us to go with them to the Wax Museum, which was optional.

Also, so you know, even though they call it "on your own" time, most of the time they still schedule something fun that you can do with them (optionally). For example, in hollywood, they told us we can meet them in Ghiradelli's for ice cream. On another tour (I've been on the tour twice), they instead invited us to go with them to the Wax Museum, which was optional.
Good points! Also, its not uncommon at all for you to strike up a friendship with some other adventurers and want to go somewhere with them too.

For anyone who has traveled recently, do they include any VIP viewing for the nighttime shows now that they are back?

Please note that the "VIP" viewing is not standard VIP seating. I.e. you may not get actual chairs/benches like you do for a standard VIP tour.

What usually happens is that the ABD group gets a roped off area separate from normal VIP groups, with just either standing or sitting on the ground (parades, fireworks, WOC, Fantasmic, etc.).

In reference to your question:
I do not know, but I assume if they did have it, it would be similar to what I described in the past. I have to assume they do, because it's in the itinerary.

Leaving Sunday morning!! I’m so absolutely excited. We received the last piece of the puzzle last night - the COVID liability waiver and the info on providing our vax info to Anvil. I had to call Anvil with a question and I cannot speak more highly about their customer service - I got someone immediately and it was one of the friendliest and most helpful customer service calls I’ve ever made. So helpful!

How was it?

Specifically, how was day 3, with the Studios, Academy museum, and Imagineer tour?

I was just speaking to a Vacationista regarding our trip next September. We have the 5 night version booked. He told me he doesn't foresee the Imagineering tour not being included by then because not all of Imagineering is moving to FL and because the Glendale building is historic/iconic. He told me that they're just starting to include that stop back in their tours and he thinks it'll be there to stay. I asked if that stop were to be dropped from the itinerary if we would be allowed to make changes to our adventure and he said that if it's before final payment is due, we are allowed to change one time regardless (I didn't know that!).

He also gave me quotes for staying at Lowes the night before and the GC the night after the adventure: $338 and $618 respectively. I was a little surprised because the D23 rate at the GC this september is $580 after taxes, I thought ABD would get an even better rate but I guess not! Not too far off, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter