South Pacific cruise questions

On check-in they did not ask for anything Covid related, no docs, no questionnaire, nothing. I did notice on the “know before you go” it appears after our last call (and I am sure many others called) they added this extra paragraph I attached.

Australia Rescinded “All” requirements on August 16 with an effective date of August 25th and the other cruise lines that will be down under for this cruise season all announced this on their websites a few days after it became effective but in true Disney fashion here we are several weeks later and they can’t make a decision and let us know the good news.

I just called the DCL number (800) 951-3532 and asked to speak with a supervisor and got connected with a sup named Wednesday and she then called the people who deal with this.

Attachments

• IMG_8064.png
    IMG_8064.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8065.jpeg
    IMG_8065.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
I just checked in for Oct 13 cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. We are arriving on Oct 10 and staying at aulani. I just checked the web site this morning and it still has language about testing prior to boarding. I will bring tests just in case regardless of whether the web site changes or not.

I am still awaiting approval for checkin because they didn’t accept the passport photos initially (too much glare) snd the photo of my daughters Australia visa.

Once we get to Sydney we are spending one night with a view of the opera house and get on the hop on hop off bus for a quick tour. the next day we are flying to Christchurch to spend 6 days touring the South Island in a rental car. I have our hotel reservations all made and a train reservation for the transalpine train from Greymouth to Christchurch. Then we fly to Auckland and catch a nonstop back to chicago on Nov 3. We also had to get New Zealand visas.

It seems like a complicated trip but hopefully will all go according to plan.

On check-in they did not ask for anything Covid related, no docs, no questionnaire, nothing. I did notice on the “know before you go” it appears after our last call (and I am sure many others called) they added this extra paragraph I attached.

Australia Rescinded “All” requirements on August 16 with an effective date of August 25th and the other cruise lines that will be down under for this cruise season all announced this on their websites a few days after it became effective but in true Disney fashion here we are several weeks later and they can’t make a decision and let us know the good news.

I just called the DCL number (800) 951-3532 and asked to speak with a supervisor and got connected with a sup named Wednesday and she then called the people who deal with this.
Great, wonderful thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know any updates please.
I'm in Sydney and no one knows what's going on. Lol all requirements have need lifted
Disney is the only line that have not updated website.

So, I know Disney hasn't started sailing there yet, but I started dreaming (a dangerous past time)...

How are the seas crossing the Pacific?

I noticed the Oct 2024 Hawaii to Sydney cruise ends with an overnight in Sydney? The only reason I can think to do that is to make up time if they get behind schedule? Am I being an alarmist or could there be another reason?

For the people already booked on one of the cruises, what else do you have planned for the vacation? If you are doing one, why are you going the way you're going?

Comparatively, the prices for these cruises aren't as expensive as I'd expect and I do love a deal.
I’ve done South Pacific many times with other cruise lines. The sea is no more notorious than anywhere else.
The reason it seems they are overnight is that there’s another ship in the main dock, so the Wonder is pulling into White Bay for the better portion of the day then repositioning to the main Dock at Circular Quay once the Carnival Splendor is gone that evening. I imagine its to facilitate media etc on its arrival to Australia (and secretly a night fireworks show?).

Disney Finally did it. We are Free at Last 😂
They updated the “know before you go“ to reflect to reflect the rescinded Covid vax & testing requirements ( 4 weeks after it was voted to refund and 2 weeks after all other cruise lines announced they were rescinding them 🙄) but hey Disney has never been known to be the leader in these things but better late than never.

LETS GET OUR CRUISE ON
IMG_8067.jpeg

Disney Finally did it. We are Free at Last 😂
They updated the “know before you go“ to reflect to reflect the rescinded Covid vax & testing requirements ( 4 weeks after it was voted to refund and 2 weeks after all other cruise lines announced they were rescinding them 🙄) but hey Disney has never been known to be the leader in these things but better late than never.

LETS GET OUR CRUISE ON
View attachment 793543
❤️❤️

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter