Sorry, another Fairytale ?

ls1222

DIS Veteran
Is everyone really saving money with this package? It seemed to cost us more. Our quoted price for the package for 7 nights is 1945.00 at POR 2 A 3 C (ages 8,5,4). This works out to be about 300.00 more than buying PH passes and room only. Am I missing something? I was excited about the package. Could the difference be the UPH? Thanks alot

Yes, it's the parkhopper and the extra child- we have 3 children ages (4,5,8) and we will have a better deal if we buy the 5-day parkhopper and get a discounted room rate. But I was afraid they may not put room-only codes out there so it's better than paying full rate and if they do put room-only codes out then I can cancel this and change without a charge as long as it's 45 days prior to the trip- so keep your eyes open for Room only codes!
Let us know what you find!
Tara

did you have a code or other discount for your initial room only quote...the room sin the FT pkg are at rack rate for 4 nights plus the UPH's for everyone for 4 nights...

your initial amount of$1600 seem sreally low...did you have 7 day passes or something less..

hard to help you compare without all the info

Sorry PLM-I forget you guys don't read minds. We have a AAA room rate for a total of 818.00 (inc. tax) and I was figuring 4 or 5 day park hoppers (we have a water park left on previous passes). I figured about 880.00 for passes (AAA discount), bringing my total to 1698.00 and I was hoping for a room only code to save a little more. I guess it depends on whether we want to UPH or just a 4/5 day hopper. Decisions.............

That explains it...:p

we were in the same situation as you except on ly 2 kids. We were goin gto stay at pOR with the AAA rate, waiting for someting cheaper with room only codes and were going to get PHP tix for 7 days for about $2100...

when this pkg came out we changed to the beach club for only an additional $400...worked for us..

I think when you add 5 UPH's into the equation it makes it more expensive...even though you are only paying for 4 days that is more expensive than a 4 or 5 day PHP...

Consider if you were buying the shorter passes for finances or because you will only go to the parks that often...because for $300 more for 5 people to be able to go to parks everyday may be worth it!!!

Good luck with your choice

Doesn't save me $$$

Without it I have a room rate at AKL for 10 nights (Aug16-26th) for $1,331.00 total. Add annuals for $318 each of 2.. total= $1967

Fairytale...AKL...10 nights...11 days of UPH passes (not annuals) total=$2,261.11

Good for some I guess depending on original rates?

Minnie,
Where are you getting annuals passes for $318 each? I paid $391-a few dollars with DC discount. If you need AP discounts you should call right now. People are saying that they are booking them today 5:30 pm EST. Available from 7/4-8/23.
Lori

Should have added..

That's with a Florida resident discount...I have a home there.

I wonder if the annual rates are better on a room? Guess I should call...I am paying $133.10 per night now incl taxes

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter